African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Why does it have to be I don’t understand
Don’t insult my intelligence
U don’t know where I been
I understand clearly
But again where u wanna vacation
Shouldn’t determine ur “wokeness”
What African countries have you been to?

The French Government / Ruling class ≠ France

This is true of all countries on Earth.

Countries aren't racist, human beings are.

As a human being myself, I personally choose not to let the actions of racists determine the realms of my existence or limit my exposure to the world around me...but that's just me.

If I want to go to France, especially as a Black person from the United States, I'm going.

We (as a group) need to do WAY more travelling abroad, if only to gain a new perspective on our natural habitat.

Also...

Kinda weird to celebrate François-Dominique Toussaint Louverture on one page and limit all of France to its Government on the other.

One of the United States most historic symbols...

Edouard de Laboulaye, French abolitionist and president of the French Anti-Slavery Society, is the undisputed "Father of the Statue of Liberty." After the United States's Civil War, Laboulaye conceived the idea of a gift to the United States to memorialize President Abraham Lincoln and celebrate the end of slavery. He enlisted sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, who took an unused design he had created for a lighthouse near the Suez Canal and turned it into a monument for America. In the 20 years it took between the conception and the statue's dedication in 1886, as part of the effort to re-unify the country after the Civil War, the statue grew to take on the centennial symbolism and broader meaning it has today.

In an ironic twist, the Statue of Liberty has became a painful symbol of the rights and freedoms denied to the people whose liberation it was initially supposed to celebrate. Legendary black historian and civil rights activist WEB Du Bois wrote in his autobiography that when he sailed past Lady Liberty on a trip returning home from Europe, he had a hard time feeling the hope that inspired so many European immigrants because as a black man, he didn't have access to the freedoms she promised. And with so many people today asking out loud whether or not black lives actually matter, it's clear that the liberty celebrated by the statue continues to evade African Americans, even though their emancipation was a catalyst for the statue's creation.

P Present black people should travel more I agree with, but shouldn't we try to go to our motherland MORE than Europe since we are all programmed to hate Africa for the most part?

P Present black people should travel more I agree with, but shouldn't we try to go to our motherland MORE than Europe since we are all programmed to hate Africa for the most part?

IMHO, as individuals (especially black people from the US), we should go each and every place we desire with nothing but our desires to guide us.

Who is to compare our pursuits of happiness?

There is nothing noble in judging such matters for others.

We are humans after all.

The entire Earth is our Mother.

History of World Travel (King Ramses III, King Abubakari II, and countless others), the Great Migration out of Africa, and even further back Pangea and all that continental shifty sciencey stuff...

Cant see borders from the Space Station for a reason.

Anyway, I digress...

If my people can find one single solitary scrap of happiness by traveling OCONUS, I for one am not going to look in their passport for the "Africa" stamp.

I'll just be happy for them.

IMHO, as individuals (especially black people from the US), we should go each and every place we desire with nothing but our desires to guide us.

We are humans after all.

History of World Travel (King Ramses III, King Abubakari II, and countless others), the Great Migration out of Africa, and even further back Pangea and all that continental shifty sciencey stuff...

Anyway, I digress...

If my people can find one single solitary scrap of happiness by traveling OCONUS, I for one am not going to look in their passport for the "Africa" stamp.

oh boy, yea youre not about the collective, youre about self.

If thats going to be your response I wont ask you anything else.

yo, is this is gonna be about uplifting black people worldwide can some of yall be a little bit more encouraging to spend money economically on blackness and supporting our people. Jesus yall not even trying.

Homeboy said "we should go wherever our hearts desire" in response to going to Africa more. and he black lol . We got some certified negropeans in here man

I give up

We are humans after all.

Anyway, I digress...

PREACH!

yo, is this is gonna be about uplifting black people worldwide can some of yall be a little bit more encouraging to spend money economically on blackness and supporting our people. Jesus yall not even trying.

Homeboy said "we should go wherever our hearts desire" in response to going to Africa more. and he black lol . We got some certified negropeans in here man

I give up
:emoji_sweat_smile:

I specifically would like to visit some of the Moorish castles of Europe. There is plenty of black history in Europe to discover.

There were Black kingdoms all across Feudal Europe befores the whites United behind Christianity and kicked out all others.

By focusing only on Africa, you are excluding black contributions worldwide.

I specifically would like to visit some of the Moorish castles of Europe. There is plenty of black history in Europe to discover.

There were Black kingdoms all across Feudal Europe befores the whites United behind Christianity and kicked out all others.

By focusing only on Africa, you are excluding black contributions worldwide.
Mannn stop. When you go to Europe you put dollars in white people pocket first. Unless u been to Africa to uplift your people don’t come to me about going to Europe. I’m not saying there isn’t black history in Europe to explore, but don’t go to Europe first before Africa and use an excuse that you want to story African history.

am I in the twilight zone here?

I’m toxic because I’m disappointed in a bunch of black men trying to give me excuses not to go to Africa? Our ancestral home? the most beautiful and diverse continent with the most natural resources on earth and y’all giving me excuses to go to Europe before Africa?

help me!!!!

I give up
look bruh u trying my patience
where did i say folks SHOULDNT go to africa more
u keep changing the narrative
i clearly said
folks should go wherever they wanna go
africa france where ever
YOUR the one saying we shouldnt go to france period
when i CLEARLY said whats wrong with going to both
NOW keep up with these **** boy antics
clearly only comprehending what u want to comprehend
and not what folks are actually saying
im TRYNA be respectful bruh
i really am
and have taken ur slights towards me
with as much grace as i can

When you go to Europe you put dollars in white people pocket first
If you stay at a Sofitel or Hilton anywhere in Africa, guess where your money goes?

If you visit Paris and hit up Chateau Rouge, guess what? That's money in Black folks' pockets.

It's many paths to Black economic empowerment.

layziegunts layziegunts wasnt u just beasting over that mixed female weather girl
I like her

here u go supporting a company with no black executives
not to mention walt was a known closet racist
Timeout, Feige is now head of Marvel, meaning not only Film and TV, but also comics, merchandises, games, etc?

here u are in the soccer thread
i hope the money spent on the jerseys
directly effects and leads to more BLACK folks
getting money in their pockets
or was it going to folks of european descent
like, what happened to this thread?

theres other posts
but i aint doing all that

If you stay at a Sofitel or Hilton anywhere in Africa, guess where your money goes?

If you visit Paris and hit up Chateau Rouge, guess what? That's money in Black folks' pockets.

It's many paths to Black economic empowerment.

Bro, stop please.

When I went to Ghana I stayed in hotels owned by the locals.
When I went to Kenya I stayed with locals and paid them directly.

just stop man

Back
Top Bottom