African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

They took the one drop rule to its logical conclusion which is people who are 1/16th black being considered black

Last edited:
They took the one drop rule to its logical conclusion which is people who are 1/16th black being considered black

This is like when the Greeks and Macedonians were calling themselves Egyptians. :lol:

Edit: to be fair. After reading the article it appears that he is black. Father is black and his mother is white. Apparently his siblings are darker to him. Congrats on him and success.

Was taken aback at first but he actually is black and used the advantage he had to his benefit, ended up proud of son. Shows how difficult it really is for black people (who aren't "passing") to crack those upper levels though.

This is like when the Greeks and Macedonians were calling themselves Egyptians. :lol:

Edit: to be fair. After reading the article it appears that he is black. Father is black and his mother is white. Apparently his siblings are darker to him. Congrats on him and success.

My wife is mixed but white passing. There are white black people living amongst us and we don't even know about it until they get their hair get wet or spend some time in the sun. :rofl:

Last edited:
My wife is mixed but white passing. There are white black people living amongst us and we don't even know about it until they get their hair get wet or spend some time in the sun. :rofl:

There are also libs passing as conservatives as well.

and yet there are more Africans immigrating here more than ever
I would argue that the person going from Africa to the developed world is doing it for different reasons than the person going from the devolved world to Africa.

Those coming from Africa may be looking for better opportunities. Those going to Africa may be looking for a different lifestyle. Or to retire in a cheaper country.

I would argue that the person going from Africa to the developed world is doing it for different reasons than the person going from the devolved world to Africa.

Those coming from Africa may be looking for better opportunities. Those going to Africa may be looking for a different lifestyle. Or to retire in a cheaper country.
Or to avoid the negative stereotypes associated with melanin and the consequences of such views, especially when it comes to blackness and the relationship the justice system has with it.

I think that when black Americans (and black folks living in the US) leave this environment, they realize how much mental weigh they live under as they go from an environment in which the right motive makes it legally justifiable to kill a black person to an environment of "regular" xenophobia, where a black person summarily executed by LEO/random people isn't another regular day in the country.

It was a remarkable experience the first time I moved away from the US. I was in my mid twenties at the time. But everywhere I went, people called me “sir” and showed nothing but love.

Then I came back to the states, the place where I was born. I didn’t then, and still don’t feel the love I felt overseas.

It was a remarkable experience the first time I moved away from the US. I was in my mid twenties at the time. But everywhere I went, people called me “sir” and showed nothing but love.

Then I came back to the states, the place where I was born. I didn’t then, and still don’t feel the love I felt overseas.
Where did you go, if you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom