African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

3B70F427-3F39-47F7-91C4-8F15DB3532AE.jpeg

:lol::smh:

You know it was only a matter of time until corporate America has found a way to co-opt and profit off of Juneteenth

Lived in Texas all my life
Celebrated Juneteenth most of my life

I know Ms. Opal meant well
But really didn't need the unnecessary commercialization and eventual exploitation of a day we pretty much had to ourselves

Lived in Texas all my life
Celebrated Juneteenth most of my life

I know Ms. Opal meant well
But really didn't need the unnecessary commercialization and eventual exploitation of a day we pretty much had to ourselves

Its pretty big in Buffalo (where I went to college) too since forever, I apprecicate the day off though.

That dude in the video kinda sounds like Ninjahood. The disconnect seems to stem from the term Black. This dude and people like him want it to mean one thing when everyone else describes Black differently.

There are black folks from the Caribbean and Africa that try to separate themselves from Black Americans and each other. It's no different from that ADOS bs.

No matter where you hail from, if you tryna separate the diaspora rather than embrace our differences within a cohesive whole, then you can kick rocks.

That dude in the video kinda sounds like Ninjahood. The disconnect seems to stem from the term Black. This dude and people like him want it to mean one thing when everyone else describes Black differently.

There are black folks from the Caribbean and Africa that try to separate themselves from Black Americans and each other. It's no different from that ADOS bs.

No matter where you hail from, if you tryna separate the diaspora rather than embrace our differences within a cohesive whole, then you can kick rocks.

eh, is it a really matter of “black folks from the Caribbean and Africa that try to separate themselves from Black Americans and each other” or are they really separate to begin with? and it for sure doesn’t only go one way (many black americans don’t [care to] identify with any of the parts of african culture they experience/see) so is there really even a cohesive whole? and what if the differences are in direct conflict?

what ol’ boy is saying, to my mind, is already demonstrably/observably true…to your point, from a certain perspective terms like african, asian, black, european, hispanic/latin, white are all generic; some more than others but in other contexts can be very specific…but in regards the conversation in the video and not the accompanying caption (complaints of appropriation, and the transmission of culture are/can be endless), they are talking about 2 different things; her phenotype/skin color/what one would be assumed/observed to be, him culture/ethnicity both are right & wrong in their respective contexts

Social media has it's disgusting moments. Couple randos say it on there so it must be true. When on the other hand been to multiple Caribbean events in DC and everyone was there having fun and no one gave a ****. People want the negative to be real so bad. Get your jollies off constantly having an enemy.

Social media has it's disgusting moments. Couple randos say it on there so it must be true. When on the other hand been to multiple Caribbean events in DC and everyone was there having fun and no one gave a ****. People want the negative to be real so bad. Get your jollies off constantly having an enemy.

Its annoying bro, Ive stated previously that I live in NYC and my whole life I havent seen any of these Caribbean vs African vs African American issues these weirdos want to push.

Back
Top Bottom