Agent: Michael Crabtree will re-enter the Draft (SF 2009 1st round pick) !?!?!

[h1]**Please delete if repost**

Source: Parker tells Niners that Crabtree will re-enter draft[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 11:52 AM ET

The situation in San Francisco between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree is quickly going from bad to worse.

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

There's also a growing chorus of league insiders who are speaking out against the widely-believed effort by Parker to blow up the slotting process with Crabtree. Teams obviously would contend that the unwritten rules of draft-pick negotiation ritual should be honored; however, some of the agents who arguably would benefit from the introduction of chaos privately have described efforts to blow the curve as "inappropriate" and "unacceptable" and "wrong."

And if Crabtree opts to re-enter the draft next year, the current thinking is that he wouldn't be the first receiver drafted. For now, the guy who is regarded as likely to be the first wideout (and possibly the first overall pick) is Illinois junior Arrelious Benn.

Then again, if Crabtree is picked any higher than No. 10 after having a chance to engage in pre-draft workouts, he'd likely end up with more money than the slotting process currently would pay.

After, of course, waiting a year to get it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I dreamed it in my mind, I'm about to be a huge bust in not one, but two NFL drafts.

roll.gif

Atheletes are ungrateful divas nowadays. Getting disgusting
smh.gif

so you'd wait a year for a few more million instead of getting this years salary + earning a rep to get off field money???
grin.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

For now, the guy who is regarded as likely to be the first wideout (and possibly the first overall pick) is Illinois junior Arrelious Benn.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*waits for one these so called "respected" NT football analysts to start up the hype train on some" ohhhi've been scouting him since he was a 6th grader in maryland"*

I don't think its Crabtree's fault as much it is his agent's fault. His agent wants to prove to future draft picks that he can and will get youthat extra money. If he loses out with Crabtree, less draftees would want him to be their agent. Hope the Niners see right through this bluff.

He'll be with the Niners come Week 1.

No doubt, this will get resolved....him and his agent are just blowing smoke right now.

Didn't this same crap go on with JaMarcus Russell two years ago? Wasn't Derrick Harvey looking for some asinine amount of money and threatened the samething?

It's a negotiation ploy that almost NEVER works... He's going to sign a contract worth that slot in the draft. It happens every year. Nobody is walkingaway from that much money off the top with no guarantees going into next year... It's NOT happening.

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

*waits for one these so called "respected" NT football analysts to start up the hype train on some" ohhh i've been scouting him since he was a 6th grader in maryland"*

Whaaaaaat the hell are you talking about.

Everybody already knows about Regis
eyes.gif

And Dez Bryant will be the 1st WR taken off the board and will be a top 3 pick.

For now, the guy who is regarded as likely to be the first wideout (and possibly the first overall pick) is Illinois junior Arrelious Benn.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*waits for one these so called "respected" NT football analysts to start up the hype train on some" ohhh i've been scouting him since he was a 6th grader in maryland"*

Man what i would do to get the Illinois product that plays the position we need the most on the Bears...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Whaaaaaat the hell are you talking about.

Everybody already knows about Regis
eyes.gif

And Dez Bryant will be the 1st WR taken off the board and will be a top 3 pick.

Back
Top Bottom