Air Apocalypse in Shanghai, Polution Level Hazardous

Anyone care to elaborate on why the air quality is so bad over there?

Shanghai is a modern city, so I can't imagine that there are smog spewing factories anywhere near the city. And I certainly cannot imagine this being caused by cars alone.

Anyone care to elaborate on why the air quality is so bad over there?

Shanghai is a modern city, so I can't imagine that there are smog spewing factories anywhere near the city. And I certainly cannot imagine this being caused by cars alone.

Experts blame Shanghai's pollution on coal emissions in the region combined with weather patterns that have left the city's air stagnant.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...24-times-WHO-safety-levels.html#ixzz2mwQqhziR  
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter  | DailyMail on Facebook

Made in China
*sidenote, i went to school with erica mena, the chick from that video. seen her get kicked in the face repeatedly after a scrape with some broads in 9th grade. thats all i remember every time i see her on tv. lulz

1st thought that came to my mind was people are getting robbed in broaddaylight, but damn that is crazy, can't even see the streets.

Is this why I usually almost always see an Asian person wearing those surgical face mask whenever I'm walking outside in Manhattan? I've wondered for YEARS what the deal was with that. I figured they were sick or some ****.

I knew they were tourist too, because of the way they walk around and treat some people, but couldn't understand why most of them wear surgical face masks.

They really need to find an alternative solution to wearing the face mask, because some people get paranoid and think they're contagious or something. I once was on the D train and there was this Asian family all wearing the masks and they literally cleared their end of the train car. No one wanted to go near them, thinking they had some deadly disease or something. I thought the same and switched cars IMMEDIATELY :lol:

View media item 686428
View media item 686429
View media item 686430

Last edited:
^I think it's japanese ppl most of the time

i went to tokyo before and there were a bunch of ppl wearing the masks because either 1) they're sick (not life threatening sick )and they're considerate of others or 2) they dont want to catch anything from others

Wow thought LA was bad... so ubwait till u cant see ur hand in front of ur face to take serious actions going forward lol....

Humans are a plague b. Destroying this earth as quickly as possible :smh

Stuff like this make me wonder, why are people so obsessed with wanting to live forever?

I want to do my 60-70 years then I'm out of this **** hole. Pretty soon it will be unbearable to live on this planet, and personally I don't want to be around by then.

Last edited:
It's still pretty bad.

"You know it’s bad when…The smog has become so thick in Beijing that the city’s natural light-starved masses have begun flocking to huge digital commercial television screens across the city to observe virtual sunrises."

I went to Pakistan in 2010 and the place was full of smog and really inflicted my breathing, but it didn't look no where near as bad as the pics posted.

The moral of the story would be "Never move to China" not even for huge amounts of money
I wanna visit though

Last edited:
Every American who takes shots at the EPA should be forced to relocate to Shanghai.

I don't know whether it's just the time of the political cycle but I don't hear people complaining about the EPA and environmental regulations as hurting the economy like I used to. I wonder it its that or people are learning how bad the pollution is in China.

Back
Top Bottom