Air Force Max OG (Fab 5, Barkley) Re-Retro...

ah5534-100-1.jpg
ah5534-100-2.jpg
ah5534-100-3.jpg
ah5534-100-6.jpg
ah5534-100-5.jpg
ah5534-100-4.jpg

I just finally found a DS '01 pair earlier this year but, although the midsole feels solid, I am a bit scared to wear them because of the bubble.
So, I'd like to pick up a pair of these but between the black toe cap, all black tongue and plastic I'd feel like a sucker who doesn't know better giving Nike my money for these. They have to know these aren't hype and they can't just throw whatever out there and it sell.
These are definitely more for people that truly appreciate the model so you have to cater to them if you want the shoe to do well.
Isn't that much pretty obvious?
crazy pills.jpg

I just finally found a DS '01 pair earlier this year but, although the midsole feels solid, I am a bit scared to wear them because of the bubble.
So, I'd like to pick up a pair of these but between the black toe cap, all black tongue and plastic I'd feel like a sucker who doesn't know better giving Nike my money for these. They have to know these aren't hype and they can't just throw whatever out there and it sell.
These are definitely more for people that truly appreciate the model so you have to cater to them if you want the shoe to do well.
Isn't that much pretty obvious?
crazy pills.jpg

They're done man. The pic I posted on the previous page were my 2000 retro's. When I took them out to snap that pic the other day, I noticed cracking on the midsoles. Not mad. I got some good years of wear with them.

Yeah those 01's are going to crumble for sure. I threw out my Black 01's I want to say about 2-3 years ago and they were falling apart and I had a hole in the toebox.

They ruined the tongue completely. It's pleather and all black. I want the tongue to be white like the OG. Another disgrace. If I do change my mind, it would be on discount somewhere for $50. It's a shame how a top 5 shoe line imo is disgraced as a retro with all these small but significant changes. Nike stay disrespecting sig lines with these weak retros.

That sucks to hear and a bit surprising too. I just had them out a few months ago, on my feet actually then decided against it because like I said I was worried about the air bubble but the midsoles felt solid though.
I'm sure how they were stored, how much they were worn, etc. factors in too though. I'm keeping hope alive. lol
At least they got the speckled heel right this time.
I suppose I could cop on deep discount, paint the toe cobalt, tongue white and flat black the plastic if I really want.
Not that I should have to do any of that of course.

That sucks to hear and a bit surprising too. I just had them out a few months ago, on my feet actually then decided against it because like I said I was worried about the air bubble but the midsoles felt solid though.
I'm sure how they were stored, how much they were worn, etc. factors in too though. I'm keeping hope alive. lol
At least they got the speckled heel right this time.
I suppose I could cop on deep discount, paint the toe cobalt, tongue white and flat black the plastic if I really want.
Not that I should have to do any of that of course.

I truly hope that they don't crumble on you because it's a good shoe I'm sure you paid a decent amount for. My experience may not be your experience, but usually shoes from those years at this point will disintegrate upon wear, not trying on in the house. I recently bought a pair of 03 white and cement III's and they were great in the house, I wore them outside this past summer just to go the barbershop and them joints were toast when I was on my way back home :lol:. But I knew that would be the case because my intention for that shoe is to do a midsole swap, so I bought them with the intention of them falling apart so I could replace it. The one thing I do miss about the 01 version of these is the tongue. I like how long the tongue was back then, it's the main gripe I have about the 07 version (aside from the smaller air unit in the back).

Nike loves messing up little details like we won't notice smh

Same thing with the AM98 retro and it's solid black outsole when it's suppose to have accent colors

Yeah those 01's are going to crumble for sure. I threw out my Black 01's I want to say about 2-3 years ago and they were falling apart and I had a hole in the toebox.

They ruined the tongue completely. It's pleather and all black. I want the tongue to be white like the OG. Another disgrace. If I do change my mind, it would be on discount somewhere for $50. It's a shame how a top 5 shoe line imo is disgraced as a retro with all these small but significant changes. Nike stay disrespecting sig lines with these weak retros.

Still mad how they did the away cb 94s with the purple air bag a couple years ago:smh:

Woow, I'm not usually one to complaint about small details, but that pleather looking tounge and strap throws the whole shoe off. And to think i've been really looking forward to these for the last couple of months, F*** it, they can keep the black ones too, I'm not even looking forward to THEM at this point

Back
Top Bottom