Air Force Max OG (Fab 5, Barkley) Re-Retro...

I let these get past me on too many occasions...

Copped this time around...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by sckid20

Still got two pairs....i could use these tho
21b4uqe.gif
THIS!!!! Loafed on them when they re-released....DROP THESE NIKE!!!!!

30t6p3b.gif
Same here. I'm in need of another pair of the Blk/grey/white joints so i'm down.
Ditto. I'm good on my Black/Greys (one of the most underrated shoes of all time, IMO).

Would love to see this colorway.

This one would be appreciated too

Air-Force-Max-aquamarine-130164-101-1large.jpg

Man, back in the day when the OGs dropped I remember this being the first shoe i ever doubled-up on. Only because I beat the first pair bad, from wearing them during Freshman HS basketball... Midway through the season I bought another pair, at Nordstrom of all places. I recall getting them on sale too. Man, those were the days. Anyhow, this shoe is copped. Many thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

nike-air-force-max-cb_.jpg

we STILL never got a good retro of these......  -__-

these are da only barkleys i need left.
hell yes....they #$%&^* that retro up completely. I recently copped a pair of the black/grey ones to make a custom og-like colorway since they couldn't do it. 
Would love to have this og white colorway though 
smokin.gif

AFMCB01.JPG

as for these force max.....love them but hated that the last retro had that awfully short tongue.

still sitting on all my pairs from 2000 so i'm good 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by brennanizm

Man, back in the day when the OGs dropped I remember this being the first shoe i ever doubled-up on. Only because I beat the first pair bad, from wearing them during Freshman HS basketball... Midway through the season I bought another pair, at Nordstrom of all places. I recall getting them on sale too. Man, those were the days. Anyhow, this shoe is copped. Many thanks for the info.

The good 'ol days. I remember getting the Air Penny I from JCPenny back when they first dropped. I do hope they bring back the White/Black-Cobalt color way for these Air Force Max's.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

OG colorway scans. So simple yet so clean.

Thanks for the extra pics.  Just FYI, though, those white/reds were from the 1st round of retroes in '02 or whenever it was.  There were only 3 OG colors in 92-93 - Black/Grey/White/Silver, White/Black/Cobalt -Purple/Concord- (and they F'ed up the retro BIG TIME), and that oddball Stone Grey/Black/Teal.

For anyone curious on what's wrong with the retro Cobalt model, the toe cap of the sole should have a black top with Cobalt lining the bottom, and the lycra ankle collar should be black splatter-fading into Cobalt (similar to the Agassi ATC II's).

EDIT:  Found a pic of the OG Cobalts:
nike-air-force-max-1993__.jpg

Peace,
   J

^^posts like this are rare on this site these days....good work on the info and the picture. My retro cw will know look like $#!t in my eyes 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSneaks26

My '07 pair has been worn down to the ground. Time for a new pair.
I wore mine into the ground too..i loved that shoe..the air bubble popped
laugh.gif

Will pick up a pair this time around again..

Originally Posted by jshortt

Originally Posted by thapointguy

OG colorway scans. So simple yet so clean.

Thanks for the extra pics.  Just FYI, though, those white/reds were from the 1st round of retroes in '02 or whenever it was.  There were only 3 OG colors in 92-93 - Black/Grey/White/Silver, White/Black/Cobalt -Purple/Concord- (and they F'ed up the retro BIG TIME), and that oddball Stone Grey/Black/Teal.

For anyone curious on what's wrong with the retro Cobalt model, the toe cap of the sole should have a black top with Cobalt lining the bottom, and the lycra ankle collar should be black splatter-fading into Cobalt (similar to the Agassi ATC II's).

EDIT:  Found a pic of the OG Cobalts:
nike-air-force-max-1993__.jpg

Peace,
   J

Word, da OGs were purple....

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

^^posts like this are rare on this site these days....good work on the info and the picture. My retro cw will know look like $#!t in my eyes 
laugh.gif

Haha, thanks my man. And that's exactly why I didn't buy the retro. Waaay too much wrong for my liking. Sad thing is, if they had just gotten the toe cap right, I'd have bought them.Peace,J

One of the shoes that changed the game, FAB 5 black socks with the swoosh and some blk/wht force max..... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGggg

Nike going in with the Barkleys. First the Olympic 180s and now these? I just pray they don't mess them up.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One thing I hated about these was the damn extra long +@% tongue. I hope they got that right this time.

What?! The last retros, the short tongue was the worst part. Made the whole ankle area of the shoe surround your ankle like a loose paper bag. The long tongue balanced out the shape of the shoe and the strap. I really hope these are closer to the OG and 2000 retro than the last pair. Looking forward to getting another pair of these, and I really hope they do the OG white colorway as well.

Back
Top Bottom