Air Force Max OG (Fab 5, Barkley) Re-Retro...

These are dropping at $140 and I'm all over it. This is a grail for me, too many personal memories were had in this shoe for me to not load up. Man, I was a young, shoe collecting MF back in the late 80s and 90s. We definitely rocked the black swoosh socks with these, but we wore them inside out with the swoosh folded over so the swoosh appeared upside down. Just a little early 90s flavor for you young cats... Remember the black Nike socks with the word NIKE in royal blue? We jumped on those too, but only with these air force maxes

I use to have this shirt. Peep the shoes.

2081339043936451.jpg

STILL HAVE MY 07S... CANT RESIST ANOTHER PAIR OF THESE... I FEEL LIKE A DUPE FOR BUYING THEM AGAIN.. BUT I LOVE THEM

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

What?! The last retros, the short tongue was the worst part. Made the whole ankle area of the shoe surround your ankle like a loose paper bag. The long tongue balanced out the shape of the shoe and the strap. I really hope these are closer to the OG and 2000 retro than the last pair. Looking forward to getting another pair of these, and I really hope they do the OG white colorway as well.
Indeed. The short tongue was tolerable aesthetically, IMO, but they made the shoe very uncomfortable.

Also, for some reason - and I'm not superstitious - this is one shoe that even though I love, bad stuff always seems to happen to me when I wear them. Got a speeding ticket once. Ran into an ex I didn't want to see once. Got drunk and left a book in a cab once...

Originally Posted by brennanizm

These are dropping at $140 and I'm all over it. This is a grail for me, too many personal memories were had in this shoe for me to not load up. Man, I was a young, shoe collecting MF back in the late 80s and 90s. We definitely rocked the black swoosh socks with these, but we wore them inside out with the swoosh folded over so the swoosh appeared upside down. Just a little early 90s flavor for you young cats... Remember the black Nike socks with the word NIKE in royal blue? We jumped on those too, but only with these air force maxes

Yeah, I remember those socks.. I had the white ones that said "Nike" in black

These retailed for $110 back in 2000 and 2007.. I still have my 07 pair in near dead stock condition, so no need to get these again, but these shoes are so dope.. 

One of my fav shoes of all time. I still have my 2000 pair the the pinky toe on the left shoe started ripping. I don't care, Im still gonna rock them until they fall apart. I have the 2007 pair DS still. On the fence about buying these. I guess I'll wait for pics, if I pass I won't upset. I'm sure my '07 joints will still be on ice by then. I agree the white and blue and/or purple joints need to be released. I also had the White/grey retros when they dropped. I ruined that shoe, I thought they were dope at the time (and even passed on OG Wht/navy 16's for those smh)

Still got my 07's sittin' crispy and will probably bite on these. Growing up I was never able to own a pair but always thought these were the dopest non-Jordan BBall shoes.

Already mentioned but I'll say it again..

Until Nike retros the Air Max CB '93 in both OG Suns colors (White/purple AND black/purple), there are no Barkley's worth buying.

This is like the what? 3rd, 4th re-retro of the Fab 5s? I'm not even going to mention how they bastardized the Mad Mans (aka CB '94) by releasing them in 600 different colorways. All that and NO LOVE for the '93s. Did Nike forget that Barkley won the MVP in 1993 and the Suns went to the finals that year?

Man gotta double up on there and hoping that the dont mess up the nubuck uppers for the OG Black greys!
nthat.gif
hoping to see the Cobalts also , 03 Black/whites weren't a good look with those uber long tongue and paper quality pleather
frown.gif

Pic via theshoegame.com

Just the OG for me for now. Those blue ones might have potential, but I just want the OG white colorway again...

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW NIKE RELEASED THESE THREE TIMES AND HAS YET TO RELEASE THE WHITE/BLUE OG

With everything dropping in Nov/Dec/Jan, I'm looking for these to fly under the radar a bit. The OG black/silver is the first shoe I ever doubled up on, granted it was the early 90s, and I destroyed my first pair in HS basketball... #MyBodyIsReady

All I need is the OG Black/White pair. Had them as a kid and never picked them up last release. I will not sleep this time around.

Already mentioned but I'll say it again..
Until Nike retros the Air Max CB '93 in both OG Suns colors (White/purple AND black/purple), there are no Barkley's worth buying.
This is like the what? 3rd, 4th re-retro of the Fab 5s? I'm not even going to mention how they bastardized the Mad Mans (aka CB '94) by releasing them in 600 different colorways. All that and NO LOVE for the '93s. Did Nike forget that Barkley won the MVP in 1993 and the Suns went to the finals that year?

um...barkley won the mvp and played the finals in the air force max... nike didnt release the force max cb until later in 93 long after the suns lost the finals

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom