Air Jordan 1 “Yellow toe” SUMMER 2022?

Has anyone noticed how short the height of ankle collar are? Im used to High's man, these got some Mids vibe to them. It depends on the pair you get of course. One of my SNKRS pair so far is very short and stumpy, my JD pair has one pair shorter than the other. Waiting on my 3rd pair (From SNKRS) and hoping its a good height.

Has anyone noticed how short the height of ankle collar are? Im used to High's man, these got some Mids vibe to them. It depends on the pair you get of course. One of my SNKRS pair so far is very short and stumpy, my JD pair has one pair shorter than the other. Waiting on my 3rd pair (From SNKRS) and hoping its a good height.
I haven't really paid attention to this all that much but there's def a few pairs of highs that are pretty high cut like the turbo greens and the chenilles.

Just touched down. The buttery nature of this pair was worth the double up for sure.
20220928_212040.jpg
20220928_212136.jpg
20220928_212758.jpg
20220928_212537.jpg

Its stupid because its like this is a high top shoe so give us a lace length enough where if we wanted to lace em to the last hole we can.

i think the length is 72? longest lace length I've seen was 81 and for 1s we need that. it takes nimble fingers to tie them at the top lace hole

I noticed the laces were a little short too. I laced them up to the 3rd to last hole so they still have that classic clean look (I lace my 1s this way).

My chicagos have a lot more hang time in the laces
7715FB30-FDD1-4762-8053-E4FBC9D40251.jpeg

Interesting. I’m actually preferring the height of the current “highs” more than previous models (like the recent black / royals). For some reason they look better on my feet when I wear them with shorts.

Genuinely surprised that the resale on these is so low.

Can be got for less than $250 in a size 11.5.

...guess the Jordan 1 Death Star really has been blown up.

Could be a lot of factors. Inflation. Recession. Jordan trend declining. Maybe people don’t like that hint of yellow and black.

I just know those Lost and Founds are $1000+ for that 11.5.
Give it a year or two , people will double back on these .

I don’t mind people sleeping on them at all .

They are pretty short on these.

Couldn’t even get in the shoes without leaving the top eyelet unlaced.

But the Hyper Royals aren’t like that.

…those laces are way too long imo.

Nike inconsistently drives me freaking nuts.

Same thing about the lace length. I like going to the top and couldn't get there on these. Weird thing is I pulled out the laces on my royals and Yellow Toes are about half an inch longer so I don't know what's going on.

These are great, I really like everything about them from the color to the materials, the only complaint I have is the insole. They have this really thin and flimsy insole with a black bottom. The OG insoles aren't the best, but they are way better than these. They also come up on the arch of the shoe, I don't remember any other insoles covering that part.

Bumping this now that more people have them in hand to see if anyone else ran across the same thing.

Could be a lot of factors. Inflation. Recession. Jordan trend declining. Maybe people don’t like that hint of yellow and black.

I just know those Lost and Founds are $1000+ for that 11.5.
Chicagos and Breds are immune to the trends.
Same thing about the lace length. I like going to the top and couldn't get there on these. Weird thing is I pulled out the laces on my royals and Yellow Toes are about half an inch longer so I don't know what's going on.
My Hyper Royal white laces have to be way more than a half inch longer than the black Yellow Toes laces.

...the HRs are like Dirk Diggler long.

finally got my pair

great colorway

leather quality is mediocre even for a GR 1

been spoiled by the mystic navy's

Back
Top Bottom