Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate replying alot in one thread but ok... plush meaning padded not stiff....it's like it spoons with your ankle. lol

Originally Posted by ninjahood

these are a gimmick, nothing more, nothing less...., da 2001 pair, da BMP pair, da strap HI, phat lows, etc. ALL have da exact same leather.

and da 1994 jordan I's have that smooth leather as well...i lol at anyone paying more for these banned joints. then for anything of da aforementioned..
eek.gif

IGNORE THIS STATEMENT

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

these are a gimmick, nothing more, nothing less...., da 2001 pair, da BMP pair, da strap HI, phat lows, etc. ALL have da exact same leather.

and da 1994 jordan I's have that smooth leather as well...i lol at anyone paying more for these banned joints. then for anything of da aforementioned..
eek.gif

IGNORE THIS STATEMENT
grin.gif
c'mon duke, stop it...i've worked in sneaker store when all those dropped..same smooth leather b

at one point i had a pair of 2001's, phat lows black and red, and DMP I's and they were all da same leather, da latter releases had rolled edges but after that..same *!#...

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by aphexacid

01's normally run around 300+ and the check on the side is not leather...the red x isn't even that noticable and can be taken off. Quality is better and the 01's is closer to an red-orange than true red.
woah woah woah......are you being serious right now?? Thats a bold statement broham. How is the quality better??

do you own a pair of "Banned 1s" per say? Not speaking on the leather only but the insole is alot more plush, not as plush as the OLNL but quite close. The cut is almost even with OGs (looking at beat crumbling pair of 85s) and the padding is firm. This is coming from someone who balls in AJ1's.
but 1's dont crumble.

eek.gif

IGNORE THIS STATEMENT

exactly what i was gonna do but i cant bold or enlarge at work  
roll.gif
....once i saw that i just logged out & went home....... ninja must have been smoking some strong while typing or something.... i dont think ive ever heard a comparison from him that off(& fyi i have the bmp ol's/straps/phat low's & banneds & they are def ALL different leather)
& mj all day 45 there was a comparision with all three from RL but when i looked back they were gone  

eek.gif

IGNORE THIS STATEMENT
grin.gif
c'mon duke, stop it...i've worked in sneaker store when all those dropped..same smooth leather b

at one point i had a pair of 2001's, phat lows black and red, and DMP I's and they were all da same leather, da latter releases had rolled edges but after that..same *!#...
SORRY JO BUT THE FACT THAT YOU BOUGHT THESE HAS VOIDED YOUR OPINION ON RETRO 1'S....
laugh.gif

THEY DIDNT HAVE THE SAME EXACT LEATHER...THE LEATHER GOT WORSE WITH EACH ONE OF THESE SHOES RELEASES. STARTING WITHE THE 2001

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by aphexacid

woah woah woah......are you being serious right now?? Thats a bold statement broham. How is the quality better??

do you own a pair of "Banned 1s" per say? Not speaking on the leather only but the insole is alot more plush, not as plush as the OLNL but quite close. The cut is almost even with OGs (looking at beat crumbling pair of 85s) and the padding is firm. This is coming from someone who balls in AJ1's.
but 1's dont crumble.

you stupid....the top leather around the collar does. And seeing how i was born in 87 and my uncle never stored them properly they crumbled.

but 1's dont crumble.

you stupid....the top leather around the collar does. And seeing how i was born in 87 and my uncle never stored them properly they crumbled.

only ones that don't really crumble right there are the black toes for some reason. like mrmar23 said, it's like it's baked on differently or something. big reason i just bought some OG black toes (besides the fact they're also my fav colorway of 1's), i can wear them and not really worry so much about jeans crumbling that part.
pimp.gif

the people that are saying hold onto these are completely wrong.someone even said south beaches 2?you've got to be kidding me.average price is going for only about $250 now,these will never go beyond $300 again.reason 1.people already have exposed how bad some of these are,some pairs are leaning or higher than another.2)quality is not as high as people once thought.they're the exact same leather as the shadow 1's and those were sitting forever.3)2001's will always be worth more & you can still get a pair for less than $400.40i honestly believe maybe not this version,but i guarantee there will be another banned jordan to actually release.
there you go,everyone that has a pair i suggest you sell them now,even if there's black x's on the new ones.you gotta understand some people won't mind.& people that's wanted pairs will have already have them

I'm just gonna say this is a totally diff shoe. Material is all diff so not even gonna bother comparin. Anyways mine is in the mail so I can't wait to make a final judgement on them.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tenorio88

the people that are saying hold onto these are completely wrong.someone even said south beaches 2?you've got to be kidding me.average price is going for only about $250 now,these will never go beyond $300 again.reason 1.people already have exposed how bad some of these are,some pairs are leaning or higher than another.2)quality is not as high as people once thought.they're the exact same leather as the shadow 1's and those were sitting forever.3)2001's will always be worth more & you can still get a pair for less than $400.40i honestly believe maybe not this version,but i guarantee there will be another banned jordan to actually release.
there you go,everyone that has a pair i suggest you sell them now,even if there's black x's on the new ones.you gotta understand some people won't mind.& people that's wanted pairs will have already have them
Somebody quickly take his GOODS sticker away.
He is making them look bad right about now..

but 1's dont crumble.

you stupid....the top leather around the collar does. And seeing how i was born in 87 and my uncle never stored them properly they crumbled cracked.
eek.gif
 oh so you mean the collar area, yes you are correct, it does crack. 
embarassed.gif

after seeing these in person, i'd take these over the 2001's anyday. the tumbled soft leather and the leather swoosh is perfection to me. plus, i like the tone of red they used.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

i would be VERY SURPRISED if the prices didn't go up. these are a one of a kind sneaker.

Check this out!
I sent a Paypal payment for a sz 13 to this cat who posted earlier in this thread. It took 2 days to get the deal solid. He sent me an invoice, I sent him payment. Out of the blue he backs out, says he's keeping them for himself. #%%! In addition I come to find out that he was just banned from NT. Luckily he refunded my money. It turns out he sold them on ebay for $20 more. He's not thinking about final value fees. Those are going to be close to $30...LOL So I'm back in the hunt for a sz 13.

Originally Posted by I MRDR PEEPS 4 FUN

Check this out!
I sent a Paypal payment for a sz 13 to this cat who posted earlier in this thread. It took 2 days to get the deal solid. He sent me an invoice, I sent him payment. Out of the blue he backs out, says he's keeping them for himself. #%%! In addition I come to find out that he was just banned from NT. Luckily he refunded my money. It turns out he sold them on ebay for $20 more. He's not thinking about final value fees. Those are going to be close to $30...LOL So I'm back in the hunt for a sz 13.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Ain't that some crap? people gotta learn man one of the richest men in america once said "if I had to choose between relationships or resources, I would choose relationships because through relationships I can get resources" I mean don't get me wrong I respect you for going for top dollar but this guy actually loses money and loses rep. I'm not saying cut your own legs out from under you to help out the so called "NT Fam" I'm saying I would rather sell to a guy I might be able to get a return favor from for 20 bucks less than not and wind up paying reseller prices on the very next release
laugh.gif

I swear it's like cats don't watch cop movies anymore you "let the small fish go so you can catch the big fish" it's that simple
grin.gif

Can we get some more opinions from people that have actually worn these a couple times, is the leather actually softer and are they more comfortable than the average 1? Think the looks of the leather in online pics might be playing tricks on some people. I have some 1 Low phats with a similar looking tumbled leather and of course more padding, but they still feel like cardboard. The look of that leather and the thoughts of it being a comfy shoe are a large part of whats driving me to pay resell prices, but I don't want to get them in the mail and have another pair of shoes that feel like wearing a shoebox.

Have to agree with the people saying size 9-9.5 seem to be the hardest to track down. I'd really expect their to be more of these on ebay for the amount released. Would be real nice to know what the deal is with the GR version too before dropping big bucks. These are a real gamble IMO.

For once they released merch that wasn't completely awful, and then they scrap it and dump it all at the outlet. I still think the shirt they have at thefreshnes is better though.

Sent off my 2nd pair todayand still have 2 to get rid of. Was going to send as gifts to family, but these are too nice and contemplating sitting on them.

I did try on my sz 12s and 11s and they are comfy as hell. Its been so long since I've had my 2001s that I can't remember the comfort factor. Compared to the Pack 1s, these reign supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom