Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by apthekid

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

True fan??? Most true fans couldn't even cop because they didn't even release in major cities such as Philadelphia. This was more of a release for the small towns and the middle of no where outlets where jordan fans probably don't get too much heat due to not have boutiques or certain sneaker stores.
There's no outlet in Philadelphia...there's on in A/C though...where they did, in fact, release.  All of 45 mins away...Not sure what "true fan couldn't" cop these...if you wanted them, then you have them...there were plenty to go around

I disagree respectfully. Although I got my pair, it was not by far an easy pick up. Considering that they came out nowhere NEAR Ohio, it was a mission to say the least to come up with these. Love them to death. Not even a 1 fan, but my favorite pick up since my Playoff VIII's(grails).

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

There's no outlet in Philadelphia...there's on in A/C though...where they did, in fact, release.  All of 45 mins away...Not sure what "true fan couldn't" cop these...if you wanted them, then you have them...there were plenty to go around

Someone who works a 9-5, thats who.

i wk a 9a-5p monday-friday......... so Yes

Me too...I called my job and told them that I was going to be late...I was back at work by 11.  That's what you have PTO and sick days and such for right?  I mean, you're working a 9-5 so you have weekends off and paid time off right??

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

I disagree respectfully. Although I got my pair, it was not by far an easy pick up. Considering that they came out nowhere NEAR Ohio, it was a mission to say the least to come up with these. Love them to death. Not even a 1 fan, but my favorite pick up since my Playoff VIII's(grails).
Honestly CJ, from what I've seen on this thread, you are correct homie.  From what i remember when I was in this thread all day, Ohio definitely got the no vaseline treatment...

But to defend my point, if you really wanted them, you coulda got them...not talkin about you specifically (since you did get a pair), i'm just sayin, for those people that were like "this is bs, i dont have a nike outlet by where i live", etc ("...will tell you i'm nice with the blah blah blah"), if they wanted them as bad as they say they wanted them, they woulda got them. 

It kills me when people complain about spending over retail on limited sneakers and this, that, and the 3rd.  Let's keep it real here, NONE of us is "frugal" when it comes to shoe purchases...keep it real, how many pair of sneakers does one actually need?  So if you got x amount of sneakers, which is well more than you need, whats teh big deal about splurging on a pair that you really want.  Foams are $200...but people will cry over having to pay a reseller the same price for a "piece of history"...makes no sense

Honestly CJ, from what I've seen on this thread, you are correct homie.  From what i remember when I was in this thread all day, Ohio definitely got the no vaseline treatment...

But to defend my point, if you really wanted them, you coulda got them...not talkin about you specifically (since you did get a pair), i'm just sayin, for those people that were like "this is bs, i dont have a nike outlet by where i live", etc ("...will tell you i'm nice with the blah blah blah"), if they wanted them as bad as they say they wanted them, they woulda got them. 

It kills me when people complain about spending over retail on limited sneakers and this, that, and the 3rd.  Let's keep it real here, NONE of us is "frugal" when it comes to shoe purchases...keep it real, how many pair of sneakers does one actually need?  So if you got x amount of sneakers, which is well more than you need, whats teh big deal about splurging on a pair that you really want.  Foams are $200...but people will cry over having to pay a reseller the same price for a "piece of history"...makes no sense

I guess I was speaking more to fact that it wasnt an easy RETAIL pick up....But to your point about spending $100 or so over retail for these and having them versus 2 bills for some foams, I totally agree.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

And the people arguing black vs. red laces. I just ask myself, what would MJ do?

nice pix, but um, have you seen the way MJ dresses... i'll just say i wouldn't look to him for style tips...

the black laces go the hardest.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bnesdatruth

W T F ^ True Fan? The hell are you talking bout. Don't say I'm not a true fan because I don't got a whip to go to a outlet and not paying Re-sale prices. Btw both Shoes are equally as good imo.

Not to be a jerk, but you sound a little salty.

I never said that fake fans of MJ or Jordans were the ones who passed these up. I'm saying this release were for the Jordan I enthusiast..the people who remember how durable they were and the great quality of JB's past. People who have become tired of the joke the Jordan I has become. To say that these aren't better than the ones coming out is perposterous.  There were PLENTY of these to go around. So what if there wasn't a outlet close to you? Do the hard work to track down a pair or pay the resell price if you really want them. For instance, the day these first came out at the outlets, I had to work. I too had no chance on getting these, especially seeing as how I live in the Chicago area. But I sold two pair of beaters that I no longer had a use for and had $165 chilling in my paypal. So I essentially added another $110 (which was what these cost at the outlets) and bought them.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by bnesdatruth

W T F ^ True Fan? The hell are you talking bout. Don't say I'm not a true fan because I don't got a whip to go to a outlet and not paying Re-sale prices. Btw both Shoes are equally as good imo.

Not to be a jerk, but you sound a little salty.

I never said that fake fans of MJ or Jordans were the ones who passed these up. I'm saying this release were for the Jordan I enthusiast..the people who remember how durable they were and the great quality of JB's past. People who have become tired of the joke the Jordan I has become. To say that these aren't better than the ones coming out is perposterous.  There were PLENTY of these to go around. So what if there wasn't a outlet close to you? Do the hard work to track down a pair or pay the resell price if you really want them. For instance, the day these first came out at the outlets, I had to work. I too had no chance on getting these, especially seeing as how I live in the Chicago area. But I sold two pair of beaters that I no longer had a use for and had $165 chilling in my paypal. So I essentially added another $110 (which was what these cost at the outlets) and bought them.

Off topic, but I always wonderd, can u always let money chill in your paypal account for how ever long you wnt or do they have fees for stuff like that? Is it pretty much like a diff saving account?..

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by djuzi05

And the people arguing black vs. red laces. I just ask myself, what would MJ do?

nice pix, but um, have you seen the way MJ dresses... i'll just say i wouldn't look to him for style tips...

the black laces go the hardest.
pimp.gif

.. but I might throw in d white laces for d white banned ts.

^ i believe you can. the money never expires so you can save it if need be. it's good because you're not tempted to spend it like you would if you had cash in hand.

Originally Posted by sthebest

^ i believe you can. the money never expires so you can save it if need be. it's good because you're not tempted to spend it like you would if you had cash in hand.

Not really. Lol but it is a nice wayy to stack for sure. Then transfer later on to ur bank str8 to savings

I live in Ohio and I'm use to not getting the limited kicks.  I'm an hour from the nearest outlet that doesn't get *!*@ for shoes and 2.5 hrs from Jeffersonville outlet.  You are right about getting them if you really want them.  I've learned to let the hype die a little before making a purchase.  But like you said....what's the big deal about paying over retail when most of us have way more shoes than we actually need, especially if it's something you really want.

Originally Posted by BIG MIKE

I live in Ohio and I'm use to not getting the limited kicks.  I'm an hour from the nearest outlet that doesn't get *!*@ for shoes and 2.5 hrs from Jeffersonville outlet.  You are right about getting them if you really want them.  I've learned to let the hype die a little before making a purchase.  But like you said....what's the big deal about paying over retail when most of us have way more shoes than we actually need, especially if it's something you really want.

Being in Ohio...yea we got #*%@!$ over pretty bad. I gave up caring because I don't have too many contacts outside Ohio and I'm not one to pay $200+ for 1 pair of shoes...sorry. After tax the most I've paid was $188, that was for the spacejams in 09 from finishline(I also have only copped in stores only, all but 1 pair of shoes I have came from local stores or online retailers). Call me lucky(I also don't cop everything that comes out, but EVERYTHING I've wanted with the exception of the BIN 9 and these, and a special exception for the guy that forced me to get a size 9 instead of a 10.5 DMP
indifferent.gif
) but I'm not big on buying from other people.
With that said, maybe I don't want them bad enough, but paying $250-300 is crazy to me, and considering I'm at work every weekday I can't always check the thread to keep up on restocks, etc. Basically I'm #*%@!$. That's cool, I'm content with that now because I don't need more pairs(which we've stated) but that's only because I have no real chance other than paying something ridiculous and that's not happening. And had I been able to get to an outlet June 1st or whenever for a restock, I would've been on it. I had plans to be around most Ohio outlets...until we didn't get them
eyes.gif

Anyway, maybe I don't fit the same criteria of the criers we're speaking of but I'm just saying it's not as black & white as you either got them if you really wanted them or you didn't.

Man I hate this thread
grin.gif

sorry it's the jealousness coming out
laugh.gif

finally got mine......will post the picture here soon after taking some photos.....

n luckily mine doesnt have any b stamp on them.....but the bad news....the box a bit beat up....

Originally Posted by kobejames21

finally got mine......will post the picture here soon after taking some photos.....

n luckily mine doesnt have any b stamp on them.....but the bad news....the box a bit beat up....

I dont know if anybody's had a b-stamp on the actual shoe...just on the inside of th box.  Mine certainly didn't.  But i think EVERYONE'S box was beat up...they even felt cheap.  And the lid had short sides...perfect storm for losing or damaging the lid further as it is easily dislodged from the box

dude offered me DS banned 1s for vnds grape 5s and og jams. should i do it? neither of mine have boxes. his is complete.

Originally Posted by matt2126

dude offered me DS banned 1s for vnds grape 5s and og jams. should i do it? neither of mine have boxes. his is complete.
Sounds like dude is trying to beat you in the head 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kobejames21

I dont know if anybody's had a b-stamp on the actual shoe...just on the inside of th box.  Mine certainly didn't.  But i think EVERYONE'S box was beat up...they even felt cheap.  And the lid had short sides...perfect storm for losing or damaging the lid further as it is easily dislodged from the box

Mine actually had B Grade stamped on the size tag inside the left shoe.

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by matt2126

Sounds like dude is trying to beat you in the head 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

As much as I wanna rock em tomorrow and wear em all week long, I am going to show some restraint and wait for an extra special occasion.  I know I shouldn't be like that, but there is something about these that just screams special, and not just everyday ordinary b.s'ing around.  Great to see them on feet though and not on Ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom