Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Billionaire Swag

I would like to know what's the purpose of paying over $200 for these when could just acquire the '01 Breds.
Personally, I like the leather better on the banned I's.

I have the '01 black/ royals and if it's anything like the black/ reds it's too "plastic" for my taste. 

Funny seeing everyone hate on them on the first page. Shoe was dope and now people seem to ride them.
mmmmm...

Originally Posted by ColdCity

I would like to know what's the purpose of paying over $200 for these when could just acquire the '01 Breds.

01's run 275-350

I didn't know they go that high. 160 hookd it up with a great price! Shouts out to him! I know your around dawg.. 01s have that brighter red compare to these. But more padded. Which is great.

Originally Posted by bruza

I have the '01 black/ royals and if it's anything like the black/ reds it's too "plastic" for my taste. 

Agree 100 % with the "plastic" comment.  The Banned 1s may very well not be "better" quality, but the execution and the overall finish on them is more appealing than just about any other AJ1 we've seen in quite awhile.  Just my .02

This release was so different then past releases. They had a gimmick but it was done so well. And they didn't skimp on the quality for once. It was enough for me to buy my first jordan in 4 years, which in turn led me to buy true blues and cool greys... Feels good man
smile.gif

Whats good NT.. After having to wait for a month to post.. I am making my first post in this thread because this release pretty much brought me back to Jordan Brand and NT. I was doing some major lurking in this thread to get the information I needed. I was doin research and puttin in work like I was 14yrs old all over again. So shoutout to all the NT'ers who provided solid info. I needed these. My 2001s are on their last legs and the quality is excellent on these Banneds. Especially for $109.

I got my pairs from Seattle Premium Outlet. There was no way I was camping.. Especially in the middle of the week. So I left my house at 6am picked up my friend and made it to the outlet at about 7:45am. When we arrived we saw the long line and got in the back. As soon as we get in line the security guard tells my friend and I that we may not even get any pairs because there are about 90 people ahead of us and there about 100 pairs total. So I give him the stoneface and post up in the back and wait. After a few mins I decide to walk around the line to see if I know anybody. I knew a few people and talked with them for a bit but I began to notice a lot of people with their moms dads and girlfriends.. I even saw some senior citizens.. At this point I get kinda of annoyed at the thought of possibly missing out on these kicks because some guy brought his grandparents with him so that he has extra pairs to resale. So I go back to the end of the line and do some quick math. 90 people here.. About 100 shoes total.. One pair per person.. That leaves about 10 pairs. So I figured I would be walking away with some Banneds but I was almost positive that I wasnt gonna get my size 10 or anything close to it. I thought I was gonna be left with a size 14 or something like that. Around 8:30am the manager starts passing out tickets with the sizes on them. He gets down to me.. I ask him what sizes are left. He says we have three size 9.5s left and some other sizes. Me and my friend are very surprised to hear that there are three 9.5s left and we grab two of them. So after that. The word spreads that there are sizes left and the hypes from the front who have already purchased their pairs get back in line to scoop up whats left.

Overall it was fun and I would not mind another release like this. It was handled very well and most of the employees were real cool especially the two girls who interviewed me (I still have no idea what the interview was for.. Facebook?). One of em was thicker than a jar of peanut butter but come to find out shes still in high school! I couldnt believe it.. But then theres always a few employees that act like this was the biggest release of all time and they think have a superior life because they work at the outlet store.. They make me
laugh.gif
.. It feels good to be back tho.. I will post my pics when I get home from work.

^^good to hear that.. it was meant to be.. I camped once and never again. I was way back in line too after running, not no 90 people *!+ but still I ended up with the last pair 8.5.. my size! Dude behind me wasn't that lucky.. its was his size aswell... if I would have camped out for these I know for a fact that there's no way id end up with one...

Welcome to NT!

Originally Posted by ColdCity

01's run 275-350
laugh.gif
For the most part, sellers try to get rid of these for the same price.

Originally Posted by bruza

I could see it from that standpoint.

Although this is not really "better" leather like someone said, the tumbled leather finish does look rather appealing.

Still don't want to pay over $200 for these.

Pairs in the B/S forum don't go under $250.

30t6p3b.gif

I like the box.... thats really it.... I made a comment prolly several dozen pages bacc about how I liked how they did the release it was as if the AJ1 was actually banned and all the remaining pairs were yanked and sent to outlets.... genius marketing and a neat/clever little ploy I must admit....

I camped out at Ontario Mills and the place was hectic! Luckly, I was 5th in line however, they didn't have anymore 8.5s -____- So I had to settle with a 9 and a 10

Originally Posted by RV019

I camped out at Ontario Mills and the place was hectic! Luckly, I was 5th in line however, they didn't have anymore 8.5s -____- So I had to settle with a 9 and a 10

dam i wish i wouldda saw ur post sooner, i jus coppd an 8.5 from a fellow nt'r and they fit SUPER snug on my feet.. i woulda been down to trade you for the 9,
but i already wore mine, been tryng to break these joints in and make em looser

if ur an 8.5, ud prob be able to do those 9s without too much wiggle or space

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Whats good NT.. After having to wait for a month to post.. I am making my first post in this thread because this release pretty much brought me back to Jordan Brand and NT. I was doing some major lurking in this thread to get the information I needed. I was doin research and puttin in work like I was 14yrs old all over again. So shoutout to all the NT'ers who provided solid info. I needed these. My 2001s are on their last legs and the quality is excellent on these Banneds. Especially for $109.

I got my pairs from Seattle Premium Outlet. There was no way I was camping.. Especially in the middle of the week. So I left my house at 6am picked up my friend and made it to the outlet at about 7:45am. When we arrived we saw the long line and got in the back. As soon as we get in line the security guard tells my friend and I that we may not even get any pairs because there are about 90 people ahead of us and there about 100 pairs total. So I give him the stoneface and post up in the back and wait. After a few mins I decide to walk around the line to see if I know anybody. I knew a few people and talked with them for a bit but I began to notice a lot of people with their moms dads and girlfriends.. I even saw some senior citizens.. At this point I get kinda of annoyed at the thought of possibly missing out on these kicks because some guy brought his grandparents with him so that he has extra pairs to resale. So I go back to the end of the line and do some quick math. 90 people here.. About 100 shoes total.. One pair per person.. That leaves about 10 pairs. So I figured I would be walking away with some Banneds but I was almost positive that I wasnt gonna get my size 10 or anything close to it. I thought I was gonna be left with a size 14 or something like that. Around 8:30am the manager starts passing out tickets with the sizes on them. He gets down to me.. I ask him what sizes are left. He says we have three size 9.5s left and some other sizes. Me and my friend are very surprised to hear that there are three 9.5s left and we grab two of them. So after that. The word spreads that there are sizes left and the hypes from the front who have already purchased their pairs get back in line to scoop up whats left.

Overall it was fun and I would not mind another release like this. It was handled very well and most of the employees were real cool especially the two girls who interviewed me (I still have no idea what the interview was for.. Facebook?). One of em was thicker than a jar of peanut butter but come to find out shes still in high school! I couldnt believe it.. But then theres always a few employees that act like this was the biggest release of all time and they think have a superior life because they work at the outlet store.. They make me
laugh.gif
.. It feels good to be back tho.. I will post my pics when I get home from work.

Glad you got your pair, at riverhead ny, an employee took pictures saying it was for corporate to see. Its probably to see if they will do an outlet release again... who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom