Air Jordan 1 Bred Banned 2016 Legit Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, 

I purchased this pair of Breds from an eBay seller, who apprently got it from Kickz.com, a leading European sneaker retailer.

The reasons why I have my doubts are as follows:

1. The wrapping paper and right shoe tree were missing (he claims that he forgot to put them back in after taking photos of them)

2. Just like another member, jaylaw15, who posted about 10 hours ago with regard to the same concerns that I have - the right shoe (especially the toe box) barely has any tumble leather. It seems to have a stiffer leather feel while the left one has more of a tumble leather. When I use my finger to press the right toe, the leather sinks in and goes back into shape only after a couple of seconds. When I press the left toe, the leather is much softer and returns to its original shape almost instantly

3. In contrast, the right heel seems to have a slightly more tumble leather feel to it than the left

4. The dates on the labels on both shoes are different - one states '01/27/16 & 06/01/16' and the other '04/12/16 & 06/01/16'. Don't think I have come across one which is January.

Based on how things have turned out (i.e. the missing right shoe tree and much poorer quality found on the right shoe), I can't help to think that I got myself a lemon. 
tired.gif

Do let me know if you think they are fakes or just some poor quality kicks from JB. Thanks so much.

These are legit! Almost half the pairs out there we've seen have mismatch leather. You're tongue looks good, shape, wings logo, and perforations look good!

Thanks so much cdynasty24 and EAski3! Appreciate the prompt verification.

It's such a shame that the difference in quality is so huge...

Anyone else care to share their thoughts on this as well?

The difference between the tumbled leather on the shoes are a thing people always get skeptical about. But don't worry it's just the factory getting trippy. Enjoy your shoe!

Those are legit. My toe boxes are exactly the same and I got them straight from Nike

Thank you so much, WarTime Sneakers, concerto5 and Chryxszz!

It's great to know that I can wear them in peace. 

i also have a pair of banned size 9.5, one shoe has more of a straight leather, and one has tumbled

View media item 2218229View media item 2218230View media item 2218232View media item 2218233View media item 2218234View media item 2218235View media item 2218236View media item 2218237View media item 2218238View media item 2218239View media item 2218260View media item 2218261
Not 100% sure how to feel about these, started to lace them up and came to be suspicious about some things. These came in the mail yesterday off eBay. The drastic difference in outside & inside swoosh, outside is greatly more tumbled that the inside. No QC stamp inside the actual box, etc... can anyone notice some inconsistencies and please let me know if they're real? Thanks!

Your tongue looks good, lace bags looks good. shoe looks good. My 2016 bred doesnt have a QC stamp inside either, only on the top.

Last edited:
A pair of my breds don't have a tumbled swoosh either, personally I think they look better that way.

They're legit. They came out really weird for some reason. Some are a brighter shade of red. One shoe is more tumbled than the other. Just really weird.

good pair of fake??. shoes look dead on legit. lace bag and box sticker is off. I would like to see a picture of the nike under the shoe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom