Air Jordan 1 Hi ‘85 (New beginning) “ Reverse Bred”

So I got my Reverse Bred today and wanted to do a comparison to a regular remastered high OG and so I pull out the 16' Breds to find this..

IMAG1456.jpg

Joints covered in fairy dust, smh. But anyway the 16' Breds are higher in cut. Here they are next to 14'Carmines...

IMAG1457.jpg

They are the same height and as I thought, have about the same exact leather too. They fit very similar to pre-remastered 1's.. Also the tounges are the same height on both bred and 85's, it just seems longer because the toebox leather extends further up the lace stay.

IMAG1460.jpg
Btw, my pair from StockX didn't with the white and red logo tissue paper. Did this happen to anyone else? Also if there is anyone that doesn't mind letting go of theirs p'm me.

stockx has 20% off seller fees. might ship these to stockx

i love when people act like 20% off seller fees gonna save a ton

son you about to sell those shoes and gain $17.

wait a month or two and gain more.

i love when people act like 20% off seller fees gonna save a ton

son you about to sell those shoes and gain $17.

wait a month or two and gain more.
lol stockx gonna make so much money today because people rushin to sell for what they think is alot of money to make, and they just end up undercutting each other

jb really gotta make this silhouette a gr so we can get colorways every month. then throw these ****s in the garbage

Hate to cop on resale but the price on size 13 isn’t horrible and I really wanted these.

that 85 lace scheme. how's the leather feel

stiff like a work boot. For example, on OG hi’s you can easily squish the collar and feel the padding for any release. These are very hard to even squeeze, the leather doesn’t crease at the heel cause it’s so stiff, and they definitely aren’t as comfortable while breaking in since the stiff leather has to be broken down to soften up.

stiff like a work boot. For example, on OG hi’s you can easily squish the collar and feel the padding for any release. These are very hard to even squeeze, the leather doesn’t crease at the heel cause it’s so stiff, and they definitely aren’t as comfortable while breaking in since the stiff leather has to be broken down to soften up.
That’s fine. That’s how they should be like a good pair of boots that crease and fold over time. Really like the toebox.. reminds me of the 94s. How’s the insole? Did they actually put an air unit in the midsole?

That’s fine. That’s how they should be like a good pair of boots that crease and fold over time. Really like the toebox.. reminds me of the 94s. How’s the insole? Did they actually put an air unit in the midsole?

I agree, in years of wear these will have the buttery tumbled look but made of quality materials that can last a lifetime. The insole is definitely thicker, and feels like a high quality aftermarket insole. I believe they have the air unit in the sole. However they are a bit more narrow which for my personal flat foot is slightly less comfortable then the wider retros. I imagine these will fit like a glove with more wear since they are slightly tighter proportionally everywhere.

If these were 400-500 I would of scooped. A bit too expensive for me. Waiting to see how jb rolls out the 85 for the rest of the year. Heck they could move they’re manufacturing to the diadora plant in Italy and still make money off these

I agree, in years of wear these will have the buttery tumbled look but made of quality materials that can last a lifetime. The insole is definitely thicker, and feels like a high quality aftermarket insole. I believe they have the air unit in the sole. However they are a bit more narrow which for my personal flat foot is slightly less comfortable then the wider retros. I imagine these will fit like a glove with more wear since they are slightly tighter proportionally everywhere.
A tight fit is better. Enough with the tumbled leather. Just wanna wear a sneaker and forget about it. $200 retail was a good move to give better product. But the lack of pairs to go around. Could you ball in these?

These are so damn nice looking.. the lack of on foot pics in here tells me most people purchased these for resale lol. I’m gonna snag a pair, I’m hoping they drop down to the $500 range in a month or two.

The toe box is really 1994 retro-ish. I thought it was interesting when somebody posted those pics a while back talking about how the OGs in 85 were made in two different factories, and the toe rand was higher on the pairs made in one factory.

These are so damn nice looking.. the lack of on foot pics in here tells me most people purchased these for resale lol. I’m gonna snag a pair, I’m hoping they drop down to the $500 range in a month or two.

The toe box is really 1994 retro-ish. I thought it was interesting when somebody posted those pics a while back talking about how the OGs in 85 were made in two different factories, and the toe rand was higher on the pairs made in one factory.
Resale is setting me back from buyin these. Im diggin the rounded toebox and the higher material

3D94F22D-7A12-4201-9130-A12F780206A2.jpeg
5490E776-74D8-4114-A088-D12BB6CD0C5A.jpeg

Maybe I can set the record straight once and for all lol. The OGs were made in different factories back in the day so there are differences in the the thickness of the toe rand. My guess is they used a pair like my Chicagos for the remaster. The thickness is almost exact the same. The toe box and size of the holes on the other hand are quite off. Other differences I noticed was the back still had a slight curve. The leather could also be thicker and softer. I’d give the 85s a solid 9/10.
The toe on these looks identical to the 85 chicago’s in this pic. From an aesthetic standpoint i’d maybe prefer a little thinner toe rand, but doesn’t bug me much.

The toe on these looks identical to the 85 chicago’s in this pic. From an aesthetic standpoint i’d maybe prefer a little thinner toe rand, but doesn’t bug me much.
Nah even if the size of the rand is pretty close to the “higher cut” OG pairs, the shape at the front is way off. It’s bulbous.
There is something up with modern Nike/JB and toe boxes. They absolutely never get it right even when they seemingly try.

Nah even if the size of the rand is pretty close to the “higher cut” OG pairs, the shape at the front is way off. It’s bulbous.
There is something up with modern Nike/JB and toe boxes. They absolutely never get it right even when they seemingly try.
Ya maybe looking from the top the fronts a little different. . Guess I didn’t really look at that pic lol. From the side looks very very similar though.

They do it on purpose, or don’t stitch the front of the toebox lower. Also the last is probably shaped like a boot slanted upward

Talking one's self into liking an expensive shoe with wack mold and leather, hate to see it...

Back
Top Bottom