Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

They look amazing, as long as you like em, that's all that matters.

Can you elaborate on the Black Infrared 6s having the wrong material though? I liked the durabuck they use.
The materials used on recent 6s have all been suede or nubuck. They have yet to recreate it the way they were in 1991. 2000 being closest and even those weren’t.

The materials used on recent 6s have all been suede or nubuck. They have yet to recreate it the way they were in 1991. 2000 being closest and even those weren’t.
The recent infrared pair is definitely a synthetic nubuck. Not exactly what they used on the og but definitely not as far off as a nubuck would be.

76841EAF-3A56-4021-98CD-25D7DA7DFE11.png

beluga whale toebox from 85

My pair comes in today. My only concern is the leather. Everyone who has these seems to want to say that the leather is so quality and good despite being and looking hard as a brick (not sure how both can be true). Finally get to see for myself. Yes the OGs leather was thick and real but it still looked pliable and bendable unlike these “85’s”. Just wish they would’ve/could’ve used a more softer “genuine” leather.

My pair comes in today. My only concern is the leather. Everyone who has these seems to want to say that the leather is so quality and good despite being and looking hard as a brick (not sure how both can be true). Finally get to see for myself. Yes the OGs leather was thick and real but it still looked pliable and bendable unlike these “85’s”. Just wish they would’ve/could’ve used a more softer “genuine” leather.
I have a friend that has a few worn pairs of 1985 and one DS of 1985 and the leather is damn near identical thickness of the leather and how hard it is. I’ve only worn my NG about three or four times and the leather around the toolbox I’ve gotten extremely soft.

I as well enjoy nice and soft leather but when it comes to these 1985 shoes I don’t mind it at all they’re going to last 20 to 30 years easily

It’s good leather. Smells like cowhide

it's nice how everybody is a leather expert but has no experience except buying and looking at sneakers. go jump in a Ferrari look at the material the seats are made out of feel them smell them ..that's a good start when it comes to leather quality. once you look further you will notice that Nike does not use leather of high quality it's a full-grain leather at most. these 85's are a full-grain leather,at most I can promise what everybody considers quality leather Ie SBB are actually crap.. ill explain leather comes from cows, cow leather is what our shoes are made from. cows are like people no 2 are identical. high-quality leather comes from hand-picked hides.. this might be a surprise to some of you but Nike does not hand pick every single hide it's that simple... SBB is decent at most it might be high quality for Nike but for leather it's trash why do you ask? well, it's tumbled for 1 which tells me that there hiding blemishes in the hides that is a common reason to pebble leather hides. let's look at those Ferrari seats again you won't find one single blemish or tumbled hides in a Ferarri.. to take it even further the cows that are used to make high-quality leather hides are open range cows meaning there are no fences to contain the cows... why because they dont want a cow to even rub on a fence to scratch. because guess what those fences will scratch the hides and ruin the leather before it leaves the cow. so if one scratch drops a hide from being high quality to just a full grain leather do you really think they would waste high-quality hides by tumbling them?

Pair came in I’d be lying if I said I’m not impressed :pimp:. My first 85 HI and as expected the differences compared to the current OG HI are substantial. The leather is thick, the cuts are smooth, it’s real hide leather with a coating and I can see why folks say it will last. They’re made better for sure. Always wanted the OG AJ 1 card, so glad to have that in the collection now too. Almost bought the reverse Breds along with these and still want them but torn on them as they’re not an OG cw. These on the other hand were necessary for me. Any additional OG cws in this mold will be auto copped.
8E42F4EB-EFBC-437F-9C71-5AA3A02BF954.jpeg
8263E01B-DB24-4AF7-8E6B-04249BB50CA5.jpeg
EDA93711-BBCA-46DE-9C7C-4B186838975E.jpeg
BCE4AA1B-2DFD-4A92-B015-69044F28AAF5.jpeg
62E24179-E9F8-4161-8930-84843F3EC824.jpeg

Pair came in I’d be lying if I said I’m not impressed :pimp:. My first 85 HI and as expected the differences compared to the current OG HI are substantial. The leather is thick, the cuts are smooth, it’s real hide leather with a coating and I can see why folks say it will last. They’re made better for sure. Always wanted the OG AJ 1 card, so glad to have that in the collection now too. Almost bought the reverse Breds along with these and still want them but torn on them as they’re not an OG cw. These on the other hand were necessary for me. Any additional OG cws in this mold will be auto copped.
8E42F4EB-EFBC-437F-9C71-5AA3A02BF954.jpeg
8263E01B-DB24-4AF7-8E6B-04249BB50CA5.jpeg
EDA93711-BBCA-46DE-9C7C-4B186838975E.jpeg
BCE4AA1B-2DFD-4A92-B015-69044F28AAF5.jpeg
62E24179-E9F8-4161-8930-84843F3EC824.jpeg
What size is this?

Can’t comment on the leather until JB stops playing games and releases a great OG colorway.

Back
Top Bottom