Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

No, that is not true. This is an OG Jordan 1. You can’t substitute for them. That’s like saying you can go find another white/red/black shoe instead of having Chicago’s.

I'm aware that they are OG Air Jordan 1's, but no one other than sneaker heads even care. People have no idea about the work it takes to aquire these and if they found out, they would just think it's a waste of money and time.

Last edited:
I'm aware that they are OG Air Jordan 1's, but no one other than sneaker heads even care. They have no idea about the work it takes to aquire these and if they found out, they would just think it's a waste of money.

But what does what others think have to do with the way you view the shoes? I remember buying Js when people would laugh at them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

you wastin your keyboard clicks man....some cats are better suited in the mids or air force or dunk threads if that's how they feelin

....or a factory outlet

I've never worn AF1's or mids, nor would I ever. Plus, don't act like you've never shopped at an outlet before 😂

But what does what others think have to do with the way you view the shoes? I remember buying Js when people would laugh at them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I knew that "I don't care what people think" would come up. That's a strong attitude to have, but the truth is ... that you do care what other people think. Everyone does whose into fashion and sneakers. The levels of self-consciousness just varies from person to person.

Last edited:
I knew that "I don't care what people think" would come up. That's a strong attitude to have, but the truth is ... that you do care what other people think. Everyone does whose into fashion and sneakers. The levels of self-consciousness just varies from person to person.
you're not enlightening anybody here, dude. we're all here because we genuinely like the NGs....you're here because? you want us to convince you to like them? or?

like you said, and i echoed, there's plenty of sneakers out there for you if you dont like these, man....you dont have to rationalize or justify anything to yourself or to us. pick a lane and keep it movin.

Come down to $300

That's much more reasonable. If someone is single and pulling in a substantial amount of income each week, then that should be a drop in the bucket for them.

But if someone is just scrapping by and has bills they haven't paid, or work that needs to be done and they drop $200-$500 on a pair of sneakers? They need to be smarter with their money.

This is an age old joke that's been in the hood since forever.

FTL Chi/NYC delayed drop or naw? This is extremely odd.

Apparently that's dead. It went from FA 23 (Chi, NYC, LA) to what is now called FTL Jumpman stores which includes all of like 2 FTL's which were just HOH before. Everything is upside down right now. Not sure if you were talking about FA or FTL but that's what I heard about Foot stores.

That's much more reasonable. If someone is single and pulling in a substantial amount of income each week, then that should be a drop in the bucket for them.

But if someone is just scrapping by and has bills they haven't paid, or work that needs to be done and they drop $200-$500 on a pair of sneakers? They need to be smarter with their money.

This is an age old joke that's been in the hood since forever.

let people spend their money the way they want lol

most of us in here like these NG and have been waiting a long time for it, if we wanna spend our money on it, then let us

you're not enlightening anybody here, dude. we're all here because we genuinely like the NGs....you're here because? you want us to convince you to like them? or?

like you said, and i echoed, there's plenty of sneakers out there for you if you dont like these, man....you dont have to rationalize or justify anything to yourself or to us. pick a lane and keep it movin.

How ever you spend your money is obviously up to you. I can understand someone having this same pair in 1985 and wanting to have it again? Or perhaps a reseller looking to make $100-$200+ profit? Or maybe someone who is so rich that it won't even dent their funds?

But if none of those, "what void in my soul am I trying to fill by purchasing this product?" Less people now than ever have the ability for that type of introspection.

It's easy to get caught up in the way it makes you feel when you aquire them. The sense of accomplishment. But then ask, "What am I really accomplishing?"

let people spend their money the way they want lol

most of us in here like these NG and have been waiting a long time for it, if we wanna spend our money on it, then let us

I'm not going to hold you back. These are just some things to think about.

Back
Top Bottom