Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

To criticize the toe on the ‘85, and discard the mold in full because of it, But to love and admire, and talk up the High OG Mold, which has many faults compared to the OG from 1985, is hypocritical and laughable.
I think he is talking about me. :lol:

To me, the toebox shape is a big factor in making the 1 look sleek and great on feet. No one can say the OG high mold doesn’t look great in all areas. It may not be completely faithful to the OG, but they produced a mold that looks beautiful to the eye in every aspect. It certainly doesn‘t have a smashed up looking clown toe. Some ‘85 retro pairs look better than others, but they certainly need to tweak it.

pair just came in and yeah toebox stands out but not that bad and i’m beating these so not a big deal to me

lows and comparison with the OG chicago

8F09EEDA-1456-4A44-869E-6D87DB85E9F9.jpeg

2E6E6770-5F25-4D30-8488-6DCF83AE4905.jpeg
The lows are the winner here. Wish I had those. It kicks the retro ‘85 out of the car while moving. Even check the swoosh size. 🔥

The lows are the winner here. Wish I had those. It kicks the retro ‘85 out of the car while moving. Even check the swoosh size. 🔥
The thing about the lows is the leather is complete garbage. It’s like tissue paper thin. All of the og low pairs are like that, unfortunately. Also the 3M swooshes are kind of a bummer.

Last edited:
i dont think you can compare a clearly worn broken in pair of chicagos from 1985 to a fresh out of the box shoe frm 2021. once you break in the NG's and soften the leather by wearing it, im assuming the toe box will break in as well and fall and look closely to the 85's. real thick leather will seem thick and hard at first.

For those of you who have the pack, what’s the fit like on the Air Ships? Or those of you who have the black / red pair...

D1D04DBB-7A8B-4CE9-AC7F-B51AF0D9F5D8.jpeg

6AF373C9-ABC2-49C8-97DA-E51308BE63CB.jpeg

toes have been hit or miss. But when they’re a miss, they’re borderline ski slopes. Overall not mad at these.

I wish JB did more due diligence when it came to redoing retros. Those AMIII (90s) were damn near flawless from: reshaping the outsole/lip, packaging, and shape. The fact they made these Neutral over Natural grey was an air-ball. Stepping down from my sneaker snob mentality, I’m fine w these.

toes have been hit or miss. But when they’re a miss, they’re borderline ski slopes. Overall not mad at these.

I wish JB did more due diligence when it came to redoing retros. Those AMIII (90s) were damn near flawless from: reshaping the outsole/lip, packaging, and shape. The fact they made these Neutral over Natural grey was an air-ball. Stepping down from my sneaker snob mentality, I’m fine w these.
Jb aint ****

weren’t NGs primarily produced in the ST-P factory back then? there are dudes that theorized that the shoe that was deconstructed and what the 85 mold is based off of, was a BY factory shoe...based on the measurements and proportions of the new beginnings and reverse breds.

i can see why the 85 mold can have wildly differing opinions on how true these were to og, because there are different original shapes/molds to compare to.

Back
Top Bottom