Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

What’s the big deal w the toe? Shape is angled, height isn’t any more high, size of the cut is the same?

1613830724759.jpeg

1613830810997.jpeg
Side view looks alright & some aren’t as bad as others. But the leather overlay on the toe rises up too far, and it looks worse on the other 85 colorways because of the color contrast. These can be overlooked easier since it’s white on white. But I wouldn’t argue with someone if they say toe complaints are nitpicking lol.
A9941AD6-46B7-4DF7-A1FF-40CB219887B6.jpeg

Side view looks alright & some aren’t as bad as others. But the leather overlay on the toe rises up too far, and it looks worse on the other 85 colorways because of the color contrast. These can be overlooked easier since it’s white on white. But I wouldn’t argue with someone if they say toe complaints are nitpicking lol.
A9941AD6-46B7-4DF7-A1FF-40CB219887B6.jpeg
The air holes are too big as well. And the width of the toebox is scrunched. The whole area of the toebox shape isn’t right. But I will get hate for complaining. I don’t care. Jordan Brand needs to get details right, and they need to stop lying to us saying that they are doing it.

I’m all in on future 85 releases as well...Toe isn’t ideal for sure but we’ve all been overlooking a great many features, on a great many releases from JB over the years...At this point it’s just whatever, not going to be 100 correct anyway...I’m too damn old to get hung up on a shoe not being 1:1...Only thing that gets me to pass is not getting down with the colorway 🤷‍♂️...

As for what releases...Chicago’s are THE ideal release...But I see JB holding those off for the model’s 40th anniversary...In the meantime anything from the OG 1’s pic will be just fine, and there’s more than enough pairs on there to work with...

AADF98AF-B32C-4E45-9B1F-835839B03E2C.jpeg

Would’ve liked a canvas collar, the toe is a whole different issue. Why can’t they use the right last for these if they went through the trouble to make it as close to the 85 as possible. Why can’t jb deliver and on top of that I had to shell out $$$

I’m all in on future 85 releases as well...Toe isn’t ideal for sure but we’ve all been overlooking a great many features, on a great many releases from JB over the years...At this point it’s just whatever, not going to be 100 correct anyway...I’m too damn old to get hung up on a shoe not being 1:1...Only thing that gets me to pass is not getting down with the colorway 🤷‍♂️...

As for what releases...Chicago’s are THE ideal release...But I see JB holding those off for the model’s 40th anniversary...In the meantime anything from the OG 1’s pic will be just fine, and there’s more than enough pairs on there to work with...

AADF98AF-B32C-4E45-9B1F-835839B03E2C.jpeg
It’s not a recreation, it’s more of an imitation

Guy comes in here and accuses all 85s of a banana toe, when in reality it’s a couple here and there. Mine are pristine. Acting like this is the Carmines with every damn pair being pink. :rolleyes

I’m asking why the toe panel is cut so high? That’s the reason it’s creating the banana effect. Asking a question to the 85 gods who have more knowledge than me.

I’m not trying to rain on your parade on purpose :lol:

My pairs...
20210220_075518.jpg

The rest of the '85 OG cut along with my 1994/1995 Chicagos...
20210219_080449.jpg

Old photo from 2015 when I copped the lows online on the day they released. Still have both pairs...
20150310_211258.jpg

In all, the leather quality on these is exceptional. Just like the other '85's, the leather is so thick and smooth like they are supposed to be. I'm glad that they did not use the tumbled leather on these. They can leave that with the non-OG colorways.

Back
Top Bottom