Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

It's pretty awesome that dudes that were helping out each other in the Black/Gold thread (King Kong, Mark, Gerald, Turbo Uno) were doing the same for the Black Toes. Funny thing is I couldn't get the Black toes online today but somehow lucked out and got my first pair of WC 88's in my size. Was able to score a pair of Black Toes at my local shop so all in all it was a good day. Haven't heard a word from H&S about my pre-order so no clue if they are going to come through or not.

Hopefully all the guys that were on this thread from the beginning were able to get their pairs without too much trouble! Cheers!

Last edited:
It's pretty awesome that dudes that were helping out each other in the Black/Gold forum (King Kong, Mark, Gerald, Turbo Uno) were doing the same for the Black Toes. Funny thing is I couldn't get the Black toes online today but somehow lucked out and got my first pair of WC 88's in my size. Was able to score a pair of Black Toes at my local shop so all in all it was a good day. Haven't heard a word from H&S about my pre-order so no clue if they are going to come through or not.

Hopefully all the guys that were on this thread from the beginning were able to get their pairs without too much trouble! Cheers!
atxballer- thats great news man. glad to see members like you coming up with a pair this morning. thanks for the kind words!!

royals were 3x more limited imo
correct me if i am wrong, but they only dropped on FNL right (i was one of the lucky who kopped from there) ? i never remember seeing them on NDC
same numbers- different distribution.

royals were more widely available in euro/asia

black toes hugely limited numbers (about 1/5 less than royal numbers) in euro/US

Reverse for US.

I think you meant to say my name and give me a shout out.. Unless there really is a Gerard around here
laugh.gif
but if it was directed towards me, thanks for the kind words Mark. You know we are brothers

But seriously that's a great story and things like that make me proud that I'm a part of this NT community. KK has also been good to me (after he COMPLETELY OWNED me in the black and gold thread
laugh.gif
). A really great guy I'm fortunate to have met. Even let me know that if I have problems, he is willing to help me out. Didn't want to take advantage of his kindness (though KK if you reading this, I might need you on those Black and Red 1s this fall lol). But really a great dude. Can't say nothing but praise for that guy
My thread post may be low, but in no way does it indicate how long I've been around.  Members like KK come around few are far between.  He has certainly been a credit to this thread, forum, and community.  Mark I'm certain considers himself very fortunate for having a stand up guy like KK, taking him under his wing and coming through in the clutch.  One can only wish to have a guy like that in their corner.  Cheers King Kong!

Hahaha thanks to you too Cdoobie!  Or whoever you are today.  You in that #bannedgang too,
laugh.gif
 I ain't talmbout the retro 1s either!  Cdang = Claude..... GA = Ray
roll.gif

For some reason those Hare 1's always catch my eye.  Nice pair Memph
nthat.gif

I don't understand all these pre order sites still taking orders after release, and then refunding them again.  They know they don;t have the shoes by now.  I'm a little confused on those sites and how they're operating today.  Is there a thread strictly to discuss those in the JB section?  Someone with a personal experience with one should start the thread with their story, and pretty much just say you post the site, the release they wronged you on (so people can judge for themselves whether it was fluke, i.e. blk/gold 1 or something they shouldn't have sold AND came up short on, i.e. THESE), and tell the story.  Seemed pointless a month or two ago, but these sites are doing a lot of guys wrong.  Would be nice to have a list like that running to check, similar to the legit check thread.

EDIT:  Thanks RRLgambler!  Appreciate that man.  Shadows up next!

Also, just noticed Abel Trujillo wore the Georgetown mid 1's to the weigh ins yesterday...not reppin JB very well! (UFC 160)

Last edited:
^^ yeah you nailed it! I'm very fortunate to have him on call. he never misses out. NEVER. its unreal haha 8) thankss

Last edited:
Hahaha thanks to you too Cdoobie!  Or whoever you are today.  You in that #bannedgang too, :lol:  I ain't talmbout the retro 1s either!  Cdang = Claude..... GA = Ray :rofl:

View media item 427790

For some reason those Hare 1's always catch my eye.  Nice pair Memph :nthat:

I don't understand all these pre order sites still taking orders after release, and then refunding them again.  They know they don;t have the shoes by now.  I'm a little confused on those sites and how they're operating today.  Is there a thread strictly to discuss those in the JB section?  Someone with a personal experience with one should start the thread with their story, and pretty much just say you post the site, the release they wronged you on (so people can judge for themselves whether it was fluke, i.e. blk/gold 1 or something they shouldn't have sold AND came up short on, i.e. THESE), and tell the story.  Seemed pointless a month or two ago, but these sites are doing a lot of guys wrong.  Would be nice to have a list like that running to check, similar to the legit check thread.

^ This. I think a legit list for pre-order will help a lot of NTers in the future ans stop this BS business.

I think it's resellers trying to look legit. They put up a preorder site and they guarantee they'll make back more than they paid. If they can't get that amount, they just cancel. If they can get more than that, they can cancel and just say they didn't get them as expected. Nobody is going to complain to paypal because they got their money back.

Seems like those bigcartel sites are popping up all over the place. And everyone is asking, is this site legit?

LOL looks the same to me. I think people are trying to come in here to bash the value of the black toe so the royals will worth more. They are equal rarity. 
These definitely aren't as good quality as the Royal 1s.  I noticed it as soon as I picked them up.  And to be absolutely sure I wasn't putting the Royals on a pedestal, I pulled out my Royals and compared both pairs.  The Black Toes definitely are inferior.

Also, your last comment about them being equally rare is a red herring to the discussion.  Quality of leather between the two is unrelated to how limited each pair is.

Last edited:
I learned my lesson... Screw pre-orders period but hey thats just my opinion...

Is the #TeamRetail or bust taking any applicants :pimp:
Learned the same lesson this release. Only dealing with people who have pairs in hand going forward for sure.

not sure what's more shameful, someone offering that or you turning it down
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Ehhh I'd rather keep my Black/Gold's something that is more physically pleasing than 1000 added to my bank account. I don't care about that. Rather have something better and the Black/Golds take the cake.

I think it's resellers trying to look legit. They put up a preorder site and they guarantee they'll make back more than they paid. If they can't get that amount, they just cancel. If they can get more than that, they can cancel and just say they didn't get them as expected. Nobody is going to complain to paypal because they got their money back.

Seems like those bigcartel sites are popping up all over the place. And everyone is asking, is this site legit?

THIS. bigcartel is like kickstarter for resellers. Take a look at sneakerpresto, who took preorders for Black Toe 1s. My theory is that he used that preorder money to buy those Thunder IVs that he now has on hand. Using some excuse, he'll ask for a few more days to try and fulfill your preorder. But in reality, he needs time to sell the shoes he actually bought in order to have enough to refund those preorders. If he actually gets the Black Toes, he'll still refund you only to list them later at a higher price.

Don't believe me just watch.

Last edited:
anybody live in a area with a gs pair in size 6Y it's sickening how i can't get a gs pair as a female without standing in line. :rolleyes

ponzi scheming pre orders ,this game just keeps evolving release after release , soon you gonna have to go to college to learn how to buy shoes 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom