Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forget which forum you're in. Not worth it to kick knowledge.

C'mon man, it is worth it to kick knowledge. Especially in this forum, We should be dropping knowledge to help out these kids. After all even the most knowledgeable NTers started off not knowing anything. I know there is a lot of new members that don't care and just buy Jordan's because its the cool thing to do, and they think they can make bank flipping shoes :rolleyes
But there are also kids that love and appreciate Jordan's just like the older heads, and they deserve the chance to gain knowledge from us.
Def feel you. It's just tough to see what this forum has become. Admittedly comments like mines above doesn't help matters, but reading these threads, especially around release dates is migraine inducing.

I wasn't trying to put you on the spot at all sorry if I came off that way. I just wish more of the older members tried to help out in the Jordan brand forum and would try to bring it back to its old glory, instead of just turning their backs on the forum.
And you should try being a mod in the threads on release day, talk about headache :lol:

C'mon man, it is worth it to kick knowledge. Especially in this forum, We should be dropping knowledge to help out these kids. After all even the most knowledgeable NTers started off not knowing anything. I know there is a lot of new members that don't care and just buy Jordan's because its the cool thing to do, and they think they can make bank flipping shoes :rolleyes
But there are also kids that love and appreciate Jordan's just like the older heads, and they deserve the chance to gain knowledge from us.
Exactly don't let the age of people turn you away from dropping some knowledge. I love jordans even tho I'm pretty young and tho I wasn't able to watch the GOAT play I respect all the great things he did in his shoes to make them iconic

Def feel you. It's just tough to see what this forum has become. Admittedly comments like mines above doesn't help matters, but reading these threads, especially around release dates is migraine inducing.

Word. Air Jordans are my favorite sneakers of all time man. So when I see how this forum of the boards has gotten so out of hand with the craziness that goes on in here, its sort of hard not to be so abrasive towards outlandish comments. Especially when they're made with such arrogance at times by newer posters or people who just don't know what the heck they're talking about at times.

I'll keep dropping what knowledge I have in here. I guess it'll take all of the older members.

I wasn't trying to put you on the spot at all sorry if I came off that way. I just wish more of the older members tried to help out in the Jordan brand forum and would try to bring it back to its old glory, instead of just turning their backs on the forum.
And you should try being a mod in the threads on release day, talk about headache
laugh.gif
It's all good.  We're adults, no need to apologize.

Shoot, after 5 mins I'd be ready for the dark liquor cleaning up one of these threads on RD.

C'mon man, it is worth it to kick knowledge. Especially in this forum, We should be dropping knowledge to help out these kids. After all even the most knowledgeable NTers started off not knowing anything. I know there is a lot of new members that don't care and just buy Jordan's because its the cool thing to do, and they think they can make bank flipping shoes
eyes.gif

Word. Air Jordans are my favorite sneakers of all time man. So when I see how this forum of the boards has gotten so out of hand with the craziness that goes on in here, its sort of hard not to be so abrasive towards outlandish comments. Especially when they're made with such arrogance at times by newer posters or people who just don't know what the heck they're talking about at times.

I'll keep dropping what knowledge I have in here. I guess it'll take all of the older members.
I respect it.  JB will always be king for me, even if my attachment to the newer stuff isn't what it once was.  It's not even an age thing to me either, I've never gotten involved in those petty arguments or felt that age=entitlement as far as shoes go.  Your bread isn't any better than the next man's.  Still gets spent the same once the retailers get it.

Still...tough to blame some people for thinking that these terms are actually the official names of some of these shoes.  After all, JB is not only coining this **** nowadays, but BRANDING it as well.

Air-Jordan-XI-Breds-T-Shirt-508072-010-Black.jpg

roll.gif

The Concords are called what they are because thats the color on the box. White/Black-Concord.

The Space Jams are nicknamed the "Space Jam" because they Debuted in the movie.

They are still the Black/White-Varsity Blue XI on the box. And I know a ton of guys who actually call them by that too.

There are a lot of other "Cool Grey" colored shoes too. But we call the XI and IV the "Cool Greys" because thats what the box says..

Some of ya'll make up nicknames just because ya'll want them to have some quirky name. 90% of the time that **** is wack.

Royals are called Royals, guess why? Because they are Black/Varisty-Royal and White..

Its not rocket science man. A handfull of shoes have always had nicknames. I was cool at first, but EVERY shoe that comes out doesn't need a nickname.

Yeah its cool for a couple shoes to have it. Its easier to say "Concords" rather than "White/Black-Concord XI" or "Space Jams" rather than "Black/Varsity-Royal white XI". But why the hell do people call the White/Black XIII the "He got Games"? That doesn't shorten the name AT ALL.

Whats the resell price on the shadows right now? Whats a decent price range to cop them for? I missed them, but I want a pair.

ok thanks for that info, but i wasnt asking where the name came from...u quoted my post and said that "banned isnt a color" and that concord is named such because of the shade of purple, so i suggested space jam and that obviously is not a color and it still refers to a very specific version of the shoe-if im not mistaken the actual space jam movie version had the concord too but they are not the black concords...all i was saying is that despite the shoe color of the black/red 1 being banned in the league way back when, the "Banned 1s" really refer to the 2011 nike outlet release to most ppl

And you should try being a mod in the threads on release day, talk about headache :lol:

I'm curious to know what its like to be a mod on release day or any day. It would be cool to be a mod for a day and write about the experience.

Sitting on 3 right now, but will likely sell or trade my third and call it a day with two.  Breaking them out this weekend.  Definitely one of my top 10 pickups of the year.

Last edited:
Sitting on 3 right now, but will likely sell or trade my third and call it a day with two.  Breaking them out this weekend.  Definitely one of my top 10 pickups of the year.
I'm happy to have just one pair lol. I need some black toes and then the black and reds to finish off the year

LMAO- that's hilarious... Repped for a sense of humor, hard to find on NT these days...

I wonder how much his OG shadows where worth after they dug his *** up.

It says "I (almost) got away with it" right on the picture, that's the show.
youre the reason why nt has created the block list feature. see you on the other side fam. what epesiode?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom