Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AIN'T GON' EVEN LIE, THE KNICKS 1's ENDED UP GROWIN' ON ME... SO MUCH SO THAT I ENDED UP SCOOPIN' UP A PAIR (AT RETAIL) A COUPLE DAYS AGO. I INITIALLY PASSED ON 'EM IN JANUARY IN FAVOR OF THE CHICAGO 1's, BUT AFTER GRABBING THE BLACK TOE'S AND SHADOWS, I STARTED TO REALLY FEEL THE KNICKS MORE AND MORE,SO I PULLED THE TRIGGER AND GRABBED 'EM. DON'T SLEEP IF U CAN STILL GRAB 'EM...THESE WILL BE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER DOWN THE ROAD, WORD UP. STRAIGHT CLASSICS :smokin . HOLLA...

CED B.

I love knicks 1s, celtics not as much but love those too...all the hate in here can't sway me. Shadows are the only 1s Ive doubled on tho.

Last edited:
Love the Knicks... Team and the 1's... sorry Knicks haters.

...BUT...

OG colorway is always better than a retro+ colorway, therefore, black/grey 1's > Knicks 1's.

I thought it was two people when I looked at it quick, I was like "weird photo of two dudes" then once I focused on it I realized it was a mirror smh lol
Damn y'all thought I was flaming with the homie[emoji]128562[/emoji] I thought it was a nice pic because I was sitting at a sales desk buying some furniture when my wife took it. She said she had to take a pic because she really thought the salesman was wearing them too at first glance.

What do yall think. Greys vs Breds? Personally, I'll be getting the Breds rather than these. Can't get both.

You should try to find a pair of banneds. They're better than both of these.

For the price of those, he could get both of these from this year, and still have about $500 left over.

I'm assuming he said he can't get both because he can't afford both, so I assume he definitely can't get the banneds.

Last edited:
The Breds coming out this year look more like the OGs. I don't really like the big red X on the banned shoes.

The banneds are well constructed. I doubt the black/red 1s that are releasing this year will come close to them.

The whole thing with the banned's to me are funny. The material on them is second to none but I remember when they were about to release the big draw wasn't the material, the extra sets of laces or none of that. It was the Nike Air tongue. Now that we've been relatively spoiled with Nike branding back on retro air Jordan's, materials have now become the forefront of purchasing air Jordan's. Of course the "Banned" edition of the black/red 1's are in their own class but essentially they are just a special edition of a timeless shoe. It's basically the DMP XI's vs. regular concord XI's

But banned's are still black/red 1's at the end of the day...

The banneds are well constructed. I doubt the black/red 1s that are releasing this year will come close to them.

They still aren't worth $800

I can go buy some $80 no name brand shoes with the same quality as the banned 1's.

I would definitely get this pair releasing this year over those overpriced and hyped Banneds.

They're a great pair of shoes, no doubt. But they still aren't worth anything over $300.

I can go buy some $80 no name brand shoes with the same quality as the banned 1's.

I would definitely get this pair releasing this year over those overpriced and hyped Banneds.

They're a great pair of shoes, no doubt. But they still aren't worth anything over $300.

True. Only really practical if you have a lot of dispensable income.

True. Only really practical if you have a lot of dispensable income.

Yeah, they're imo only really for the hardcore collectors and the guys with a lot of extra cash as this point. These are a collectors item, while the Black/Red pair coming out this year are more of a pair you buy to wear.

If he wants to wear his shoes and save money/get the most out of his money, I would say get the pair coming this year.

I believe that the Shadow 1's are the second best Air Jordan 1 release this year so far behind the Royal's. That includes the Black and Gold 1's which I love but had to bump down due to the glittery bottom and the Black Toes.

As for that argument of Banned 1's compared to Black/Red 1's, I'll take normal Black/Red 1's all day, that tumbled leather on the Banned's are wack. It should be the smooth leather...period. That "X" on the Banned's also looks dumb, but hey you kno that most people fiend for a limited Jordan no matter what and then back up the hype by mentioning quality which tumbled leather does not guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom