Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dont forget how hard they can be to maintain. my 09's arent beat, but a good cleaning would bring back so much life to them. 

how easy that nubuck gets dirty 
mean.gif
 and 
frown.gif
In regards to maintenance, I just don't get how dudes maintain the no creases look with ones, unless they really only wear them about twice a year and walk on their heels + flat footed when doing so, or something along those lines (with or without force fields).  I've worn the hell out of my '13 shadows and they're not at all dirty and do not require a clean, but the 'leather' across the entire shoe pretty much shows wear with extensive creasing. 

I busted out my UNC mids for the first time today.  I got past the whole force fields thing a while ago but decided to through an old pair into these kicks today to see what happens.  Granted, they are not creasing the way they would if I had went without force fields, but they are still creasing, in the same locations, just at a different rate and of a different nature.

So yeah, I think it's difficult to maintain Jordan 1s in general if you're wearing them on the regular.

In regards to maintenance, I just don't get how dudes maintain the no creases look with ones, unless they really only wear them about twice a year and walk on their heels + flat footed when doing so, or something along those lines (with or without force fields).  I've worn the hell out of my '13 shadows and they're not at all dirty and do not require a clean, but the 'leather' across the entire shoe pretty much shows wear with extensive creasing. 

I busted out my UNC mids for the first time today.  I got past the whole force fields thing a while ago but decided to through an old pair into these kicks today to see what happens.  Granted, they are not creasing the way they would if I had went without force fields, but they are still creasing, in the same locations, just at a different rate and of a different nature.

So yeah, I think it's difficult to maintain Jordan 1s in general if you're wearing them on the regular.

I don't wear mine regularly. The only 1's I've worn out of the "big 3" are the royals and I've only worn them once out of fear that the leather would need to breathe after being factory laced super tight since RD on those. I love the natural type creasing on em and I want to wear them gently so they can still look amazing 5 years from now

i dont mind creasing on 1's. 

you wont catch me wearing sneakershields or whatever else dudes use. 

my main grip is cleaning the nubuck. it attracts dirt so easy and water marks are even worse. only real maintenance ive done on the 09s cleaning the midsole with some jason mark. they have begun to yellow so ill be doing a whitening of the midsoles soon 

My 09's are wrecked though. Heel drag and all and I where them everywhere. I even threw them on to the club :smokin

I've yet to wear my '13's though. I want another pair to beat up sooooo bad. They are THE most versatile sneaker of all time

Yeah, creasing on 1s are to be expected and it doesn't bother me - it's just that I see dudes posting their collection of the big 3 with no visible creasing and the first thing that comes to mind is that they could t have worn those kicks more than a couple times, if that.

And yes, keeping nubuck, especially black nubuck looking fresh is no easy task. Agreed.

Yeah, creasing on 1s are to be expected and it doesn't bother me - it's just that I see dudes posting their collection of the big 3 with no visible creasing and the first thing that comes to mind is that they could t have worn those kicks more than a couple times, if that.

And yes, keeping nubuck, especially black nubuck looking fresh is no easy task. Agreed.
its easy to tell that they aren't wearing them but instead just hoarding them.

i can't stand seeing nice shoes just sitting there

its easy to tell that they aren't wearing them but instead just hoarding them.

i can't stand seeing nice shoes just sitting there

Ha - yeah, over the past week I've been called out twice for wearing my kicks. 1st was with my fear IVs at the gym, and 2nd was Bred 1s at the federal reserve bank here in Chicago... Gotta wear your kicks man.

Just saying tho - when the Zombie Apocalypse goes down, people are gonna regret not ever wearing their kicks.

Ha - yeah, over the past week I've been called out twice for wearing my kicks. 1st was with my fear IVs at the gym, and 2nd was Bred 1s at the federal reserve bank here in Chicago... Gotta wear your kicks man.
what do they do? 

just stare at them behind closed doors?

kinda creepy if you ask me

Lol about 220.. when instyleshoes and flight club have some of the best prices I've seen recently, you know theres a problem. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places

What's the difference between 554724-023 and the 555088-014 on the shadow greys?
2 different shoes.

color blocking is different for one

554724-023 is a Mid, has a jumpam on the heel

555088-014 is a true OG high w/ Nike Air branding

Last edited:
Wow why do you ppl care about how the 1s will crease? I don't think girls are even that paranoid about thier shoes. Wear rain boots if you don't like creases. I'm sure Michael Jordan didn't put on crease protectors before each game. I get that you wouldn't want creases on a shoe that's brand new and want to keep DS for a while but once they get laced up, wth cares? Seen a video on YouTube of a sneaker head going ham on his military iv's with a wet shirt an iron technique to get out creases and it comes across as almost OCD. I mean it was military iv's too for crying out loud.

Wow why do you ppl care about how the 1s will crease? I don't think girls are even that paranoid about thier shoes. Wear rain boots if you don't like creases. I'm sure Michael Jordan didn't put on crease protectors before each game. I get that you wouldn't want creases on a shoe that's brand new and want to keep DS for a while but once they get laced up, wth cares? Seen a video on YouTube of a sneaker head going ham on his military iv's with a wet shirt an iron technique to get out creases and it comes across as almost OCD. I mean it was military iv's too for crying out loud.
MJ was ballin in those and could get new pairs whenever he pleased most likely, he aint have to worry bout creasing when a bazillion pairs was on deck for him.

To each his own broski.

dont forget how hard they can be to maintain. my 09's arent beat, but a good cleaning would bring back so much life to them. 
how easy that nubuck gets dirty :smh:  and :frown:

In regards to maintenance, I just don't get how dudes maintain the no creases look with ones, unless they really only wear them about twice a year and walk on their heels + flat footed when doing so, or something along those lines (with or without force fields).

wear them like shoes & not care ......at least thats how i do

View media item 770459
need to re-take this pic with the blk toes for the real Big 3....%^& royals

Last edited:

what do they do? 

just stare at them behind closed doors?

kinda creepy if you ask me
Dude at the gym straight up told me that I was in violation of MJ code (some random number)... at first I had no idea what he was going on about.  He was a big MTF too, haha - and then he looks at my IVs and points saying, "those stay in the box" 

The box?  Dude, at least put them on display at the crib or something.

Last edited:
Dude at the gym straight up told me that I was in violation of MJ code (some random number)... at first I had no idea what he was going on about.  He was a big MTF too, haha - and then he looks at my IVs and points saying, "those stay in the box" 

The box?  Dude, at least put them on display at the crib or something.

Was told similar things in the past at the gym. Usually I play ball after wworkouts for my cardio though, but I always use my beater jordans. Honestly....my beaters are still in at least a 8/10 condition and better than most even though they may be 10+ years old

My hooping shoes as of recently are the Olympic Air Jordan 1's from '08. The insole on those things are amazing

Not sure who in this thread recently stated that they care about/are paranoid about creases. I chimed in on the maintenance tip and was just referring to dudes that post pics of their OG 1s that have no visible signs of wear.  Did some tests, and came to the conclusion that they must just put those kicks on ice (for the most part) for them to look that fresh.

@dunkbeast  either way, sounds like you're tripping over someone else's business.  *scratches head*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom