Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had to LOL when I read this.  Supply and demand does not say that supply determines demand.  It says that supply and demand together determine PRICES.  Simple economics huh?  
roll.gif

For example, the supply of Shadows is staying the same or even decreasing as remaining pairs are being bought and worn and taken off the market.  Demand is increasing due to Black & Red hype.  Therefore, prices on Shadows are going up.  THAT is simple economics.  
laugh.gif
I also had to LOL when I read this. 

We were not talking about determining market prices at all if you actually read our back and forth. We were talking about the plans of JB as a business assuming the price is constant at $140 and in no way I was saying that supply determines demand. 

If you obviously produce less than what the Consumers want for $140, will there be leftover demand? Yes. If you produce more than enough of what the Consumers want, will there be demand? No. 

Does JB want demand for their product? Yes. That was my point. 

Deals are out there... Just saw a DS sz 13 for $170 shipped on FB.

If I didn't already have a pair I woulda jumped on it. Just be observant.
Not If you're a 9, which I am. And not if you're not on FB, which I'm not. |I

Can anyone tell me what material the midsole is really comprised of? I read somewhere before that rubber was used on the ogs and now they use polyurathane mix for the retros.

Excited to wear my first pair of shadows, but on the hunt for another. It will make me feel better after looking at people's royal auctions haha

Was fortunate enough to trade my VNDS HGG XIII's or whatever you wanna call em for a pair of DS Shadows a few weeks ago. All I need left is the Royals smh...

I also agree with both you. Passed in 09, but could NOT pass in 13. Correct me if I am wrong, but the leather on the 09s were the same as all the releases of that era. The only difference is that nubuck toe that seems to make people think the 09s are of high quality.

NA, blank heel, high cut > nubuck toe, jumpman, mid cut

Na. Chill. The leather on the 09s was/is much better (soft like butter) than everything else except the Banned 1s. Every other 1 made in 09 was the same nice, yet stiff leather used on the 1s in 2013.

Yes the leather on the 09's is only second to the banned's and the quality isn't too far off. Those 09 shadows are so slept on, it's ridiculous

Yes the leather on the 09's is only second to the banned's and the quality isn't too far off. Those 09 shadows are so slept on, it's ridiculous
it's the jump man logo. Had they made them with "Nike Air" on the tongue it would've been a different story obviously

it's the jump man logo. Had they made them with "Nike Air" on the tongue it would've been a different story obviously

I guess. If you're simply collecting or reselling that makes some sense... Sentimental value and such. But, if you're wearing these shoes, and especially if you're wearing them under pants, the name on the tongue and whether or not there is a man stitched on the back seems insignificant. I'd go for better/softer leather every day of the week.

I know what you mean. But they released at a time when NA on the tongue was seeming impossible to appear on retros again. Even though the '09 pair is superior in quality the '13 pair is in its original look. One gripe I had with the '09 pair was the wings logo just being imprinted

I know what you mean. But they released at a time when NA on the tongue was seeming impossible to appear on retros again. Even though the '09 pair is superior in quality the '13 pair is in its original look. One gripe I had with the '09 pair was the wings logo just being imprinted
dont forget how hard they can be to maintain. my 09's arent beat, but a good cleaning would bring back so much life to them. 

how easy that nubuck gets dirty 
mean.gif
 and 
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom