Air Jordan 1 High sample-Ben "Benji" Wilson

air-jordan-1-benji-wilson.jpeg

Here's a brief summary on who he was.
In 1984, 17-year-old Ben Wilson was a symbol of everything promising about Chicago: a beloved, sweet-natured youngster from the city’s fabled South Side, and America’s most talented basketball prospect. His senseless murder the day before his senior season sent ripples through Chicago and the nation.
There's gonna be an ESPN 30 for 30 on him.

Last edited:
As a native Chicagoan who was around in the 80's and knew all about Benji, these are a must cop!  I just hope they release.  Those of you who were not around or living in the Chi at that time have NO idea the impact that him being killed had on the city...

As a native Chicagoan who was around in the 80's and knew all about Benji, these are a must cop!  I just hope they release.  Those of you who were not around or living in the Chi at that time have NO idea the impact that him being killed had on the city...
More info plz.

The shoes are not that bad. Cant wait for the 30 for 30

My hs coach used to tellus stories about him. He personally new him and said he was truly a dynamo.

Laney colors on a 1 though i'm not exactly feeling though.

Then again, i'm honest to goodness SICK of the 1's.

damn, honestly just reading the first post of this thread made me feel shook up a little bit. Hate hearing about tragedies due to senseless people. lets all just live life and get through all of this together.

on a brighter note, cant wait to see the 30 for 30

Man, when Benji got killed, it was like the whole city died.   Really, the world just stopped.  Benji was a dude who everybody loved, didn't have an enemy anywhere.  EVERYBODY had this dude's back.  He was the one dude who, when the **** was going down, everybody would get him away cause he was the one who was gonna make it. I mean, we had Isaiah, Mark Aguirre and those other cats before him but Ben was the first that everybody really rallied behind and the city claimed as their own.  He was really the first cat who almost everyone pointed to and said, anything is possible.  Chicago was so run down by drugs and gang violence(still is) and there was really no sense of hope in the hood(still isn't) and Ben was like the proverbial " rose that grew from the concrete".  That's why you see cats like Common, Nick Anderson and Marcus Liberty all still, to this very day, break down when you mention his name.  Back then, no one outside of the city really knew how bad the gangs and drugs were and his murder was the one that opened up the world's eyes to the city and showed them how bad it really was....and still is.

Last edited:
To this day, that is why the best player on the team(Simeon) wears no.25.  That's why Nick wore 25 his whole career in the NBA.

cool idea but why did they wait so long to do something unless its a big anniversary coming up but i cant see them releasing these at least without very limited numbers

great story, bs colorway. maybe hs colors, i get it, but the ones are being murdered and it sucks because ones are my FAVS!!!!!!

1's are my fav too, but this has been happening since '07. I really dont care anymore. Rather the 1's, then the 3's or 4's.

I remember my pops telling me something about this guy years ago. I didn't understand much then but I now I'm excited for the 30 for 30. Good job JB

30 for 30 was amazing.

Apparently, Benji too, was amazing.

Kicks are pretty dope.

Good post OP.

Back
Top Bottom