Air Jordan 1 OG High -" Dark Mocha" October 31st 2020

Here they are:

8C0D985F-11E2-4EF9-8929-F9993C054866.jpeg

Can a few of y’all check your mocha’s inner shoe tag. I am trying to confirm the UPS and manufacturing dates. I got a pair with two differing manufacture dates and two different UPC codes. Anyone else seen this or did I get taken...may throw photos up here for a legit check. Thnx

Can a few of y’all check your mocha’s inner shoe tag. I am trying to confirm the UPS and manufacturing dates. I got a pair with two differing manufacture dates and two different UPC codes. Anyone else seen this or did I get taken...may throw photos up here for a legit check. Thnx
From a size 11:

Left shoe: 06/16/20 - 08/13/20
Right shoe: 06/16/20 - 08/13/20

Both shoes have the same UPC code.

From a size 11:

Left shoe: 06/16/20 - 08/13/20
Right shoe: 06/16/20 - 08/13/20

Both shoes have the same UPC code.

Appreciate it. So to keep everyone informed, I picked up a pair via FB marketplace. Dude was selling two pairs of Mocha’s. When he showed me the shoe, he showed me one of the two shoes to look over, everything checked, paid, got box, 2nd shoe etc. Arrive home, inspect all else, this is when I start getting butterflies. I think dude had an authentic pair and possibly was previously sold a UA pair. In order to try and resell both as legit, switched shoes and sold 1 legit left shoe and 1 UA right shoe, hence the difference in UPC and manufacturing dates. Never came across this “strategy”. Left dude bad feedback on FB Marketplace, repurchased and now have a legit pair.

I’m pretty sure that’s normal bro

Appreciate it. So to keep everyone informed, I picked up a pair via FB marketplace. Dude was selling two pairs of Mocha’s. When he showed me the shoe, he showed me one of the two shoes to look over, everything checked, paid, got box, 2nd shoe etc. Arrive home, inspect all else, this is when I start getting butterflies. I think dude had an authentic pair and possibly was previously sold a UA pair. In order to try and resell both as legit, switched shoes and sold 1 legit left shoe and 1 UA right shoe, hence the difference in UPC and manufacturing dates. Never came across this “strategy”. Left dude bad feedback on FB Marketplace, repurchased and now have a legit pair.

gagi gagi

Just FYI, it's not uncommon for a Jordan sneaker to have different manufacture dates on the left shoe compared to the right shoe. I believe they are made in different factories across different dates.

Some scumbags definitely mix a real sneaker with a fake one. There is a special place in hell for those losers. But some normal people mix/match real pairs to get a "perfect" pair, and sell the other ones, which is fair game IMO. So it's possible that's what happened, and why they may not be the best looking / best QC.

After checking a few of my pairs and doing some reason, I believe the UPC codes should match though. My understanding is that every sneaker of a particular model, colorway, and size should have the same UPC code. So all Mocha Jordan 1 Size 9s should have the same UPC code, even if they have different production dates. I'm not 100% sure if that's true if they're in different countries, are both the left and right shoe from the same country?

I would have Google'd this stuff or waited for more feedback before buying another pair based on a single member's experience. One person having matching dates & UPC codes doesn't mean they always do.

Edit: Doing some research, according to legitcheck.app one of the best ways to tell real vs fake Mochas is the inside of the tongue tag. The fake pairs font is thicker and a bit blurry.

1612960972552.png

Last edited:
Thanks gagi gagi , my pairs have pretty bad stitching. That is a red flag but could just be terrible QC. The brown looks different than the pair I got for my brother directly from SNKRS, but again that can just be inconsistent QC. I got them from a big Nike distributor so I was like 95% sure they were real, but with this store recently getting pairs extremely late it made me wonder.

After doing some research in response to your posts, I feel much better. Matching production dates, UPC codes, and the inside of the tongue tags all check out, so I feel much better. Thanks!

^^^right, nikes QC can be all over the map on real pairs. The deeper you look, the more you realize. I’ve seen the things mentioned, different production dates L vs R, different shades of color, even diff color stitching underneath an insole (IE white stitching vs white+black stitching) etc. On real pairs.
Combine that with how good fakes are getting and it makes it damn hard for us consumers. I’ve heard from talking to a consignment shop owner that the smell test is one of the major giveaways, obviously need them in hand for that.

Back
Top Bottom