What should JB do with this sneaker?

• Release them to the public?

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • Keep them a sample?

Votes: 92 50.8%

• Total voters
B862521D-0CBC-4F1B-8A1E-8C2C44833BDA.jpeg
EEFE71BC-49F8-4E35-AC3D-4FE3B1DE0162.jpeg
Can’t feel any difference but Homage pair is definitely more tumbled.. also inside linear is different than usual, still not as good as the FF 1s tho.

always wondered how some consignment shops are surviving, just speaking on the ones in my area. The shops are usually dead and quiet and every shoe they have is like $100-150 more than what you can get on Stockx, any body (sneaker heads) with a bit of common sense would just cop on stockx for cheaper. I agree Stockx is definitely killing these shops, they are doing what these consignment shops are doing but just on a more advance technological level. Their business is adapting to how everything else is advancing in this world with the convenience of the app, etc. Consignment shops just seem so old school and outdated, but then again...maybe im wrong.
I agree websites like stockx are making it hard for small resale shops, but most of these owners aren't out to make millions. They just want enough to support their habbit & make some extra change on the side.

That being said, some walk-in shops have online websites aswell. Along with that, most shops are small & require very little overhead. (No machines or gadgets or signs or materials to pay for & maintain). And only a couple employees are needed for payroll. But imo survival comes down to one thing. Location, location, location. Doesn't matter if your in a big or small city, what matters is where in that city you are located. Are you around buisnesses that compliment your store, or in an area where the residents & foot traffic consists of people who are into the sneaker culture?

In the end it comes down to numbers. Lets say a small shop averages a few sales online & in store giving them a daily profit of $300. @ 6 days a week thats $1800 a week & $7200 a month & $86,400 a year. Subtract payroll & rent & what your left with is enough for a sneaker habbit & some change doing something you enjoy.

All speculation btw. Jus taking a stab in the dark as to how and why a shop may survive.

Like Air said, Sean even corrected that tweet saying there was a misunderstanding and people are taking stock x tags on fakes and then taking them to round two to sell. Rounds twos business is booming btw. It’s not a consignment shop, it’s buy/sell/trade and a lot of their business is with used clothes and shoes. Stock x is great for selling brand new stuff but there is still a huge market for used.

At least with consignment shops, you can pull up and look at the shoe yourself. With stock x, you have to wait a week and if it’s fake then now you have to file claims and go through a whole bunch of garbage.

Celebs, drug dealers, tourists, and a few regular people support consignment shops. They charge top dollar, but they have plenty of sneakers for sale. I guess you can cop off stock x for cheaper but you have to wait a week and they could potentially be fakes (low chance). Consignment stores are getting back door pairs from boutiques and foot stores while stock x is a middle man for a transaction between you and a random person on the internet

You think you have a better chance of getting fakes from stockx (where they have sneaker enthusiast legit checkers) as opposed to a corner store consignment shop (I’ve been to some that knew nothing about grey market pairs)? What u smokin b?

Quaility differs from pair to pair I have no complaints with mine.

Attachments

• 20180520_123109.jpg
    20180520_123109.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180520_123045.jpg
    20180520_123045.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180520_114305.jpg
    20180520_114305.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180520_114214.jpg
    20180520_114214.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180520_114017.jpg
    20180520_114017.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180520_113924.jpg
    20180520_113924.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 26
Brah, stockx ain’t sending you fakes

not intentionally or on purpose. their authentication isnt 100%. once in blue moon a pair might slip thru the cracks. but most likely, like 98-99% of the time you should be good. but never say never.

we know stockx's authentication of surpreme is subpar. because ive seen many people on twitter get their authentic supreme items sent back as fake or sus. a few of these are reputable sellers.

not intentionally or on purpose. their authentication isnt 100%. once in blue moon a pair might slip thru the cracks. but most likely, like 98-99% of the time you should be good. but never say never.

we know stockx's authentication of surpreme is subpar. because ive seen many people on twitter get their authentic supreme items sent back as fake or sus. a few of these are reputable sellers.

I’ve had shoes that I know are legit sent back every once in a while. I feel like all of that is evidence that they are extremely cautious about what they send to customers such as they did with the supreme items your referring to. The results show that if they are not totally 100% sure the item is new and authentic they will not accept it.

To be clear I’ve only had pairs returned twice, once for the wrong size, and once because they thought the shoe was worn because it was laced up and was bought from display

I’ve had shoes that I know are legit sent back every once in a while. I feel like all of that is evidence that they are extremely cautious about what they send to customers such as they did with the supreme items your referring to. The results show that if they are not totally 100% sure the item is new and authentic they will not accept it.

To be clear I’ve only had pairs returned twice, once for the wrong size, and once because they thought the shoe was worn because it was laced up and was bought from display

but your legit kicks didnt get sent back due to questionable authenticity. it was for obvious things like wrong size and laced up when they shouldnt be. anybody can spot those things.

im just saying their authentication process isnt always 100%. none of these companys have 100% authentication.

rule of thumb is, when you get your shoes in from stockx, goat, flight club etc etc, chances r theyre good, but ya never know so always look over ya pairs anyway.

Copped yeezy 700s on stock x and they came in flawless so guess I was lucky ...at the end of the day , even if someone is low enough to wear something and sell as brand new , if no one could tell and the customer is happy then who cares , and if your not happy just return them

Back
Top Bottom