Air Jordan 1 OG NRG High "homage to home" - April 19, 2018

What should JB do with this sneaker?

• Release them to the public?

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • Keep them a sample?

Votes: 92 50.8%

• Total voters
The whole "salty" aspect of sneaker culture is asinine as well since most of the resellers do purchase a good bit of the stock. If they wouldn't then people would have a better chance at securing a pair. If you stand in the way of a person who wants to wear a shoe then of course they would be upset. Imagine a child that saved up all his money to purchase a shoe he really wanted to have/wear at retail and then have that chance ripped away because you want to purchase all the stock to further yourself. You could make money another way, a child who may not be old enough can't. Also, I have not resold a pair of shoes. I'm apart of this hobby because I love the history of the shoes, how they look, and the people who feel the same way. I don't care about resell value or how much money I could make off a shoe; I have a job to make money from and if I want to make more then I work more hours. That's the problem with people today, they care too much about money and gaining financial success through any means necessary instead enjoying the little things we have. This greed will be a lot of people's downfall in the end.

I was waiting for the person who would jump in and say they have never resold kicks or won't ever resell. If you walk into a store and Air Mags, Red Octobers, and some Shattered Backboards were for sale on display for retail, but not your size. Knowing their value and how much money you can get flipping it, I'm giving you the upmost respect and salute if you really wont cop for a "financial gain" (please no ill use as trade bait bs). If you can just walk out and leave money on the table like that, mad props to you man.

btw there's plenty of people who have love for shoes and the history and wear their kicks who resell too. It's just not one or the other. It's a mix of both in the hobby. Plenty of OG sneakerheads are in this hobby since back in the day but just adapted to the culture now how everything is limited and valued now and do the same what everyone is else doing. it is what it is.

I was waiting for the person who would jump in and say they have never resold kicks or won't ever resell. If you walk into a store and Air Mags, Red Octobers, and some Shattered Backboards were for sale on display for retail, but not your size. Knowing their value and how much money you can get flipping it, I'm giving you the upmost respect and salute if you really wont cop for a "financial gain" (please no ill use as trade bait bs). If you can just walk out and leave money on the table like that, mad props to you man.

btw there's plenty of people who have love for shoes and the history and wear their kicks who resell too. It's just not one or the other. It's a mix of both in the hobby. Plenty of OG sneakerheads are in this hobby since back in the day but just adapted to the culture now how everything is limited and valued now and do the same what everyone is else doing. it is what it is.

If they're not my size then I don't purchase, simple as that. Value of a shoe means nothing to me. I don't do the whole trade thing either. Just because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean me or others who feel the same way have to conform to that logic.

Then get another job and stop ruining things for other people but we know you won't do that because you want things easy instead of working hard for something.

See this is what I’m talking about lol. You’re trying to shame people for making LEGAL money. You’re not entitled to cop a shoe at retail or for steal prices.

If they're not my size then I don't purchase, simple as that. Value of a shoe means nothing to me. I don't do the whole trade thing either. Just because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean me or others who feel the same way have to conform to that logic.

If you say you wouldn't, I'll believe ya. Mad respect then.

AC053411-AA92-433A-AB11-072E676D5602.png

Really?

If I saw some, oh I don't know, Legends of Summer 1's, Carharts or Undefeated 4s, I'm copping. That's 30 - 40 grand you're leaving on the table. You can better believe the next guy ain't passing them up.

Hold up...if I could recall about 2-3 years ago a month after the release of Jordan 1 bred. Didn't a fellow NT by the name of ray ray offer you a size 11 for retail when u are actually a size 12 but u ended losing to instagram in a contest?

Air Sak been chill for a minute. Now y'all got my dude riled up like it's 2015 all over again. The beast has awaken!

bullllllllllllll ish

Really?

If I saw some, oh I don't know, Legends of Summer 1's, Carharts or Undefeated 4s, I'm copping. That's 30 - 40 grand you're leaving on the table. You can better believe the next guy ain't passing them up.

Why would I take a size that I can't wear, others may want to but I don't no matter how much they cost or are worth to some people.

Hold up...if I could recall about 2-3 years ago a month after the release of Jordan 1 bred. Didn't a fellow NT by the name of ray ray offer you a size 11 for retail when u are actually a size 12 but u ended losing to instagram in a contest?

Actually if I remember correctly it was a 12, that's why he created the "contest".

Check page 836 in the thread: https://niketalk.com/threads/nike-a...eck-in-1st-post.607957/page-836#post-23478650

Air Sak been chill for a minute. Now y'all got my dude riled up like it's 2015 all over again. The beast has awaken!

I'm still chill it's just that these new people only care about the "value" of a shoe instead of the hobby itself. It's gotten to the point where I'm just irritated.

You Been Complaining About The Same **** Since 2015 Tho :rolleyes

Exactly and my stance is still the same after joining NT in 2014. This is my hobby that I came to love, that I've met so many interesting and kind people over the years, and how I made so friends on NT and in the real world because we bonded over this interest. To see people enter this interest just for financial gain is just sickening and hearing it countlessly from thread to thread is irritating. The passion I have for these sneakers runs deep, I could never play basketball like Michael Jordan but wearing the shoes he did all of his exploits in makes me feel like I was along for the ride.

Back
Top Bottom