Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Defiant $175

thumb test :lol:

love how he mentions “gotta find a size swap” in case anyone asks why he didnt just bother walking in them >D
Better than biting the shoe with that viral IG pic looking like teeth marks, shape, indentations and all

Better than biting the shoe with that viral IG pic looking like teeth marks, shape, indentations and all

actually nowhere near better. one thumb test video isnt gonna erase the memory of that ig pic. and we all know he didnt bite his toebox, the crease happened cuz homie did this...
DE94F4AA-14A7-4B2B-97B2-8167BA88D300.jpeg

lemme see a video where someone does this in them & then shows the condition of the toebox. will never happen.

let me clarify, I LOVE this colorway. Im just pissed that JB hyped up premium leather when thats clearly not the case (& not because of the crease, but the dozen youtube reviews stating its not)

actually nowhere near better. one thumb test video isnt gonna erase the memory of that ig pic. and we all know he didnt bite his toebox, the crease happened cuz homie did this...
DE94F4AA-14A7-4B2B-97B2-8167BA88D300.jpeg

lemme see a video where someone does this in them & then shows the condition of the toebox. will never happen.

let me clarify, I LOVE this colorway. Im just pissed that JB hyped up premium leather when thats clearly not the case (& not because of the crease, but the dozen youtube reviews stating its not)
Fair enough on your point about the hyped up leather quality, but my gripe is about the embellishment (seemingly) of the toebox creasing. I too am interested on the creasing from wearing and kneeling. However, there's already some who has the pair and stated that the creasing isnt nowhere near as bad as that IG pic claims it to be. Furthermore, the pic of the leather doesnt seem to be the same as the the gif of dude bending it with his thumb. So again, it seems suspect.

man seeing that reddit video makes me wanna get a second pair of these lol. stockx needs to hurry up

Seth Fowler’s video points out the terrible paint job on the red stripe though. To me, that is a bigger concern because it could lead to some bad cracking in the future.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on GOAT....They're sitting at $205 in both Sz. 11.5 and 12. But this has got to be one of the more perplexing purchases I've made in a while #Creasegate. Waiting it out could result in a higher buying price.

Edit: And $192 on StockX.

Last edited:
So I got my pair in today from the SNKRS app. It was the first win ever btw. They came with some flaws as expected but also a couple I'm annoyed with. There's about 3 spots on the left midsole where it looks like someone had touched it with dirty fingers but I can that off no problem. Then there's sloppy edges on the red stripe that was noted already, not a deal breaker at all. But what got me to now wanting to put in a raffle at FA to see if I can get a better pair is the OD razor cut on the left toecap and a scuff on the right toecap. SMH. Here's some pics.
IMAG0407.jpg
IMAG0408.jpg
IMAG0409.jpg
IMAG0410.jpg
IMAG0411.jpg
IMAG0412.jpg

Last edited:
Also as far as the FA app goes, I got the all zeros headstart and I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app 4 times now. I also tried logging out and then back in with no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Dang bro! That's a lot of flaws on one pair.....Sure, common QC issues. But not to be all on one pair of sneakers...LoL. What kind of bad luck of the draw is that?!

That sucks bro...

I just toyed around with my pair... I like them quite a bit... No leather flaws but the paint isn't the best. Definitely not sending back to Nike.... There is much more I like versus dislike.

As someone else noted, the leather is soft. Not super shiny and nothing like patent in look or feel.

Given the opportunity to cop a second at retail, I won't hesitate.

A3DCA302-E9EC-49B0-BB6E-BDA243286DE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Crease out the box. Leather is hard. It is a beautiful shoe.

As for my background I’m 42, owned Jordan 1s as a kid and sold over 100 pairs when I moved to Miami. This and the Recent Charlotte 1s are my first Jordan’s in over 8 years.

They feel classy enough to wear to a business dinner or party. That’s another reason why I like them.

Not sure keep or sell

D76A67A7-DEAC-4CD9-A886-27EF8932BE74.jpeg
B84BF08B-3B58-472D-B878-B315A2878733.jpeg

Indeed they're fire in hand. Just the leather on the toebox is inconsistent on my pair. One is thin and prone to creasing like that viral pic. The other is strong but pliable and will break in nice over time.

Yeah got these in hand as well. Leather is not as bad as others demonize it to be and the usual reported flaws of the red paint. The red is a bit more darker than pics which I thought is a pro.

*i was asked to post this from the AJ1s thread in here lol*

yea its brazy how one bad pic turned alot of ppl off on these.

Very nice in hand.

And i rolled the tox box all the way up and yea. No creases.

Theses actually may be more resistant to creases than most other 1s

D0dKkNnWoAE2MGL.jpg

Also if the reason thats holding you back from buying is that viral crease picture or seth fowler cc GrizzlyAnimal GrizzlyAnimal ,

i can attest that the leather isnt bad at all. It's just different from what youve seen over the years.

D0dV69oXcAElSQe.jpg

D0dV69uXQAAn0SD.jpg

So I started my first layer. I’m going to hit it again tomorrow make it a bit thicker. I hit the inside too, I’ll post more angles when I’m completely done.

5DCF553D-7A5D-474F-87DA-96B51F7183BD.jpeg
0DE5CC8B-36E0-4603-AA8C-9EC35C6E058C.jpeg

This looks dope and fits the couture aesthetic better imo. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom