Air Jordan 1 "Top Three" To Release This Holiday (555088-026 $160)

well like you referenced with basketball shorts, you wouldn't say I'm about to go cop some basketballs, because you would be buying basketballs, if I say I'm bout to cop some tennis what else would I be talking about
Tennis racket?
Tennis ball?
Tennis net?
Should I go on? :lol:

Last edited:
Sold my extra pair from ndc locally for $250 and kept my footaction pair .. ndc pair had dents on the box thanks to ups .. lol

This. The Air Jordan legacy transcends generations. In this case, three in my clan.

I'm in my 40s and my pops and uncles are well into their late 60s and even they are still rocking Jordans to this day. My teenage son has a handful of pairs.
kend Pops takes his Harley out for a cruise and there are times hen old dude is rockin' the OG Playoff 12s I bought for him in the 90s when takin' his chromed out softail deuce custom for a ride.
'
First, great to hear that you and your Uncles still rock the Jordan's. Very cool. I'm also a Harley owner, thus my name.

Second, as an older connoisseur myself, I also purchased the Playoff 12's when they first released, I still have my wearable pair to this day.
Not to digress but I still have my original receipt showing I purchased them from "Sneaker Stadium" flagstaff store in Paramus NJ.
Any of you guys remember this sneaker retailer? It was hands down the best sneaker retailer in the business. Basketball courts, tryout tracks, large video screens, tv's with loops of basketball games, pinball machines, etc. Throw on a pair of Jordan's and have at it on the court to see if you liked them and best of all, no pressure to purchase.

Third, I'm older than MJ but younger than Keith Richards. Did anyone see those red NIke's Keith's been rocking out lately? He was wearing them at the big concert in CA last month.

Forth, those old photos were slick and reminded me that I have an old video tape of myself as a teenager playing ball for my school team in 1975.
It shows me proudly wearing my customized Puma Clyde Frazier's. Before NIke's, you were nothing if you didn't own a pair of Puma Clyde's. Most players used Pro Keds, Converse and occasionally Adidas. And yes, back in 75 we were customizing the sneakers. Several of my teammates followed my lead and dyed the puma Swoosh from black to bright orange to match our uniforms. I'll never forget my late Mother freaking out at the price of the Puma's. The going price for Pro Keds, Converse were about 11-12 bucks back then, the Puma's on the other hand were about double, 25 bucks.

suede pumas with fat laces, at that! and back then, we laced our kicks so they'd go straight across rather than criss cross. ah, the memories...

on another note, i unDS'd a pair of these tonight to dinner with the wife for her brother's bday and i must say these are really fresh on feet. kept it nice and simple with blue diesel denim, white polo tee and black burberry crew neck sweatshirt. i kept the black laces in too. can't really see myself rocking the red or blue laces in these. MAYBE white.

Last edited:
Saw the Top 3 1s in person today can't say I hate them but for some reason they scream 04 Patapsco Flea Market to me. That being said something inside of me atill wants them just because they are 1s.

Somebody said fab dressed like a Jimmy Jazz mannequin lol

15275567_1475081795853239_95778960406740992_n.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to pull the trigger at the x. Took my bid @ $206 shipping is $13.95 minus $25.00 first time buyer came out to $194.95. Not a word about tax. I will probably load some pics for you guys to triple authenticate them. If anyone is still around when I get them.
30 over retail, winning, I'm still on my peanut butter sandwich over here

Saw the Top 3 1s in person today can't say I hate them but for some reason they scream 04 Patapsco Flea Market to me. That being said something inside of me atill wants them just because they are 1s.
aye yo

Last edited:
Hold on hold on hold on, if I say I'm bout to go cop some shoes, everybody understands. When I say I'm bout to go cop some shorts, everybody understands. If I simply say I'm bout to go cop some tennis, bmore heads will interpret it the same way as if I had just said I'm bout to go cop some shoes but everybody else would just look at you sideways like how you bout to go buy a sport? Maybe if I'm pronouncing it as "tenn-ies" like "I'm bout to go cop some tennies". I get that part
well shoes don't specify what type of shoe, and if I'm not mistaking they were originally called tennis shoes, and I don't even begin to understand wtf you're talking about "tennies" so I'm not even going to respond to that reach, but everyone knows what copping tennis means, you don't use the word cool, but don't say ppl will assume you're buying a whole sport, because reaches like that will give you tennis elbow

Last edited:
Old folks used to say "tennies".
It was short for "tennis shoes".
Thats because they didn't identify with brand names back then.

We identify our kicks by their brand or street name, so you rarely here us say "tennis shoes" anymore.
I have always just said shoes, kicks, Js, or whatever the shoe is called.

Back
Top Bottom