Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

I am saying it has tumbled leather which makes the shoe look stupid. Its a wack shoe, I have 4 pairs of the 17 and I still wear my 13s. Why do I have so many I dunno cause I hoard.. You can't really defend a wack shoe in terms of is the shoe better quality wise sure yes, does the shoe visibly look better than the 13.. No way. Am I buying $150 dollar basketball shoe for quality? No. I don't care about the leather quality of some shoe made in a sweatshop. I just want the damn shoe to look good. The 13 looks better than the 17 just off the strength that the 17 has that garbage tumbled leather and the blue is wrong. You can have all the quality in the world but if the color is wrong, its wack.

I hear you but that's what YOU like.. I said what I said and stated its my opinion. For all that passion, 4 pairs of garbage is senseless unless you're selling down the line :lol: 2013's are garbage compared to '17s.. nothing is going to change that for me. Lucky13s Lucky13s I'm pretty sure the 17 is a lighter blue but the Banned 16 joints do have a darker red.

I hear you but that's what YOU like.. I said what I said and stated its my opinion. For all that passion, 4 pairs of garbage is senseless unless you're selling down the line :lol: 2013's are garbage compared to '17s.. nothing is going to change that for me. Lucky13s Lucky13s I'm pretty sure the 17 is a lighter blue but the Banned 16 joints do have a darker red.

Oh dang, you're right. My 2017 pair seems pretty dark, I wish it was a little brighter, so I assumed the 2013s were brighter.

Here is a pic I grabbed from google. 2017 on the left, 2013 on the right. I prefer the 2017 but fully understand why others would prefer the 2013.

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course I plan on selling them, because there garbage. I buy multiples of almost everything because I live on the principle that once a 30 year old leaves a 17 year old takes his place, lol this is better than the stock market if you know what your doing.

Oh dang, you're right. My 2017 pair seems pretty dark, I wish it was a little brighter, so I assumed the 2013s were brighter.

Here is a pic I grabbed from google. 2017 on the left, 2013 on the right. I prefer the 2017.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yuck censor this pic.

Grow up, people have different tastes. And what's up with so many NT posters calling everything "garbage." There's levels. You can love a shoe, like a shoe, be indifferent, dislike a little, or hate. There's even models that may not look good on you but look good on others.

But no, to some of you a shoe can only be a grail, or garbage. No in between. How lame.

3god 3god Oh wait, the year? I thought you meant the model, which is why I chose my handle. Please clarify. :lol:

I'm predicting a “both” response.

Last edited:
Grow up, people have different tastes. And what's up with so many NT posters calling everything "garbage." There's levels. You can love a shoe, like a shoe, be indifferent, dislike a little, or hate. There's even models that may not look good on you but look good on others.

But no, to some of you a shoe can only be a grail, or garbage. No in between. How lame.

You sound upset.

Sit down, breathe.

Here is a pic I grabbed from google. 2017 on the left, 2013 on the right. I prefer the 2017 but fully understand why others would prefer the 2013.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not a fan of the brighter royal on the 2017, my brother wore his pair the other night when I saw him. Meh

But then again I’m one of the very few who prefers the 2013 mold. Like I said not much of a fan of current 1s especially with all the tumbled leather

Black toes were done perfectly tho

Let’s get back on track. It’s Friday and the weather here is nice, so it’s a perfect time to wear my favorite pair of shoes. Enough time has passed, so now I’m confident in stating: Black Toe Unions are my 2018 Shoe of the Year. Sorry, Sean Wotherspoons and Blue Levis 4s.

I was running late so just snapped a quick pic. Didnt have time to adjust the laces or notice that the colors came out weird.

010A5CAF-8630-46F6-B36E-2753A22AC7FD.jpeg

Let’s get back on track. It’s Friday and the weather here is nice, so it’s a perfect time to wear my favorite pair of shoes. Enough time has passed, so now I’m confident in stating: Black Toe Unions are my 2018 Shoe of the Year. Sorry, Sean Wotherspoons and Blue Levis 4s.

I was running late so just snapped a quick pic. Didnt have time to adjust the laces or notice that the colors came out weird.

You held the blue Levi’s that high? I think if they came distressed I’d have them that high

You held the blue Levi’s that high? I think if they came distressed I’d have them that high

Yes. To me, they were executed perfectly. When I think of Levis, I think of that color blue and the brown tag and the red levis tag. The shoe screams Levis, and the Jordan 4 was the perfect silhouette. Other than the jumpman on the heel, the rest of the shoe is sheer perfection.

Putting the shoe size on the brown tag was a great touch. The fact that you can distress them, and it often looks AMAZING, is a dope option. I personally am going to continue wearing and enjoying them as is, and in a year or two if they're beat up or I just feel like changing it up, I'll distress them. They look amazing to me both ways.

Last edited:
Strange question but does anyone have a set of the black lower/cream upper laces that they don't plan on using and want to get rid of them?

Old news man. Black Toe Union been the 2018 shoe of the year since Soon Come.

Back
Top Bottom