AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

Nike/Jordan Brand are in the business of selling the same shoes over and over and over and over again. Of course they’re not giving you the OG DMPs. Of course they’re not going to give you the Concords again. How else are they going to make you buy a shoe you already have a pair of (or maybe more) stored in your closet? They’ve been doing this for over 20 years now. Lol.

I don’t care if you want the OG whatever, and are willing to stick to your guns and pass on them. Good for you. You’ve got a stronger will than me, and I applaud you for that. My gripe is when people will whine and complain in the thread for months about them not being OGs, but as soon as release day comes, they’ve completely changed their minds. Seen it happen with the Lost and Founds, and then the Reimagined 3s. Why spend months lurking and trolling a thread about a shoe you claim you’re not interested in, only to fall victim to FOMO? Lol

Nike/Jordan Brand are in the business of selling the same shoes over and over and over and over again. Of course they’re not giving you the OG DMPs. Of course they’re not going to give you the Concords again. How else are they going to make you buy a shoe you already have a pair of (or maybe more) stored in your closet? They’ve been doing this for over 20 years now. Lol.

I don’t care if you want the OG whatever, and are willing to stick to your guns and pass on them. Good for you. You’ve got a stronger will than me, and I applaud you for that. My gripe is when people will whine and complain in the thread for months about them not being OGs, but as soon as release day comes, they’ve completely changed their minds. Seen it happen with the Lost and Founds, and then the Reimagined 3s. Why spend months lurking and trolling a thread about a shoe you claim you’re not interested in, only to fall victim to FOMO? Lol
JB got me with the Royalty 12’s, and they sure as hell will get me with these too. :lol:

Screenshot_20230610-165358_Twitter.jpg

Not surprised they're going up but if they put soft plush leather that will break in nice on the upper I don't have any problem with the increased price.

11s been 220 or 225 for like 5 plus years now. Foams were 230 back when the 20th anniversaries dropped and raised $10 this year.

11s been 220 or 225 for like 5 plus years now. Foams were 230 back when the 20th anniversaries dropped and raised $10 this year.
Yeah but you would think by now they would be like $275-300 the way Nike has been increasing prices the past few years.

Yeah but you would think by now they would be like $275-300 the way Nike has been increasing prices the past few years.
Foams have always slowly raised in price compared to others because they were already high priced compared to other shoes. I mean when they first released in 97 they retailed at 180 which was like 30-40 more than the newest jordan sig back then. Holiday 11s have had a higher price tag than other Jordan retros for a while now, but that price difference is still about the same compared to other Jordan retros.

Honestly with the way people easily pay resale and how resellers have become such a embedded component of the shoe industry, it makes perfect sense for Nike to raise prices on anything that will get resold, from uptempos to jordans to anything limited. And a $10 price change here or there is nothing. They could raise it to $375 and be justified. Some of these shoes double in cost overnight on resale platforms.

By the time we know it, Holiday Jordan 11s will be $250 retail and nobody will complain.
I don’t think there’s much that can be done about it. It is only $5, but I don’t know what all factors into sneaker price points.

For as long as I been around, I haven’t seen a price drop on a sneaker due to public backlash.

I don’t think there’s much that can be done about it. It is only $5, but I don’t know what all factors into sneaker price points.

For as long as I been around, I haven’t seen a price drop on a sneaker due to public backlash.
The Jordan 3 True Blue is a prime example of public backlash... When JB tried to push the $220 price tag, the true blues sat and ended up in outlets for $165... They figured slapping the OG Nike Air tab in the back would justify a $20 price increase... NOPE!!! The public fought back. This was before the hype of sneakers selling out... Now we figure if the resellers buy all the pairs we don't have a chance. BUT, it's simple just don't cave in to buy... Hold your panties for about 2 weeks and watch the market crash. Resellers thrive on that fast sale... Notice JB decrease the pricing from 2016 TB release from 2018 Blk/Cement release...

Screenshot_20230613_104549_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230613_104651_Chrome.jpg

Man we wasn’t having it then. Plus they were very poor materials (most were at the time but I remember these were really bad).

They say for the LONGEST

Although that was less than a decade ago, things have changed drastically. Consumerism is at an all time high and people will pay whatever to be part of the "in" crowd. I just don't trust that the consumer in 2023 has the discipline to boycott a price hike on hyped products. Between resellers and the people wanting to flex for the gram I just don't know. Even if I'm indifferent on them, the masses seem to be pretty excited about these.

That was actually after the initial hype/everything selling out. There was a lull for a couple years like from 15/16 to about right around the last dance doc and Covid. Then it picked right back up again.

Lol. There were people buying doubles and triples of the Concord 11s in 2018. Plus it’s the Holidays. I don’t think the price hike is going to alter sales one bit.
Whatever the price is people are gonna go nuts for these especially because this colorway is a grail to many and also for those who couldn't cop the 2018 Concords this will be the closest they will get until the next retro.

Back
Top Bottom