Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

100% agree, they really laid these out in quality shape color and all. Appreciate all IEs on hand but these are really special.
Hard to believe almost passed on them just because the 2010s* are still in great shape and never minded the smoke black sole.
On top of all that ... they are tanks. I have worn my first pair so many times since release 6.5 months ago, and they seem indestructable. They're presently pretty dirty, but I know as soon as I clean them up they will look great again. I've worn them in sun, rain, walked through dirt/mud, driven my manual-transmission car, you name it. The way they're holding up, it looks like they won't need to be retired until I wear all the way through the outsole

On top of all that ... they are tanks. I have worn my first pair so many times since release 6.5 months ago, and they seem indestructable. They're presently pretty dirty, but I know as soon as I clean them up they will look great again. I've worn them in sun, rain, walked through dirt/mud, driven my manual-transmission car, you name it. The way they're holding up, it looks like they won't need to be retired until I wear all the way through the outsole
I wish I could wear my pair. I had to completely stop due to the horrible squeaking. Probably wore them 20 times or so before it became comically loud. Agree they’re indestructible though.

You and i have to be one of the biggest IE fans here and both drive manual 👊🏼👊🏼
Gotta love getting that pivot rub burn on the right shoe rear corner all pairs have em lol.

I wish I could wear my pair. I had to completely stop due to the horrible squeaking. Probably wore them 20 times or so before it became comically loud. Agree they’re indestructible though.
I can fix that for you in 5 min worth of effort. Take the laces out so you can access as much of the inside of the shoe as possible. Remove the insoles. See the two little dark circles in the strobel, one in the heel and one in the forefoot? Take a can of WD40, line the tip of the straw up to each one of those holes (they aren't actually holes on this pair) and press it flat up against them, and give a short squirt. Just enough so you see a bit of WD40 spread around that same area in the strobel. I also gave a very short squirt to the edges of the forefoot and heel, both sides. Shake your shoe around a bit for 10 seconds, let 'em air out for awhile, and that's that.

I had to do this to my first pair of these IEs after less than two weeks of wear after they released. Haven't made a squeak since. Have had to do this on multiple XIs, it's just something about the way they make the midsoles. It haunted me for years till someone else on here suggested the WD40 and I tried it on a pair of my squeaking Navy Snake XI lows. I was skeptical but I'll be damned if it doesn't work every time. I did have to redo it with a small amount once or twice on my Navys, but still no big deal.

Someone also said to be careful with this because WD40 can break down glue, but I haven't had a problem with that. I think you'd have to really use a lot, and I'm just using a little bit. That said, something like a dry graphite spray lube might work just as well. I just haven't gotten around to picking some up but I plan to try it the next time I bust out some DS XIs and they start squeaking.

Either way, the squeaking on XIs is something that no longer concerns me. It is now a thing of the past LOL

Doubled up when they went on sale. I wear mine for indoor ball.
How are they for balling? Don’t seem like there would be much support or lock down fit. I had em in 96, wore em to ball in 03 but haven’t laced them up on the court in almost 20 years. I have a chance to get a perm pair for about $100 so I may give it a shot.

How are they for balling? Don’t seem like there would be much support or lock down fit. I had em in 96, wore em to ball in 03 but haven’t laced them up on the court in almost 20 years. I have a chance to get a perm pair for about $100 so I may give it a shot.

They are great for ball.

The grip is great too. Only downside for me is the insole will slip inside. I have gorrila glued the insole to thes show for now. We'll see if it holds or if the insole tears apart.

I can fix that for you in 5 min worth of effort. Take the laces out so you can access as much of the inside of the shoe as possible. Remove the insoles. See the two little dark circles in the strobel, one in the heel and one in the forefoot? Take a can of WD40, line the tip of the straw up to each one of those holes (they aren't actually holes on this pair) and press it flat up against them, and give a short squirt. Just enough so you see a bit of WD40 spread around that same area in the strobel. I also gave a very short squirt to the edges of the forefoot and heel, both sides. Shake your shoe around a bit for 10 seconds, let 'em air out for awhile, and that's that.

I had to do this to my first pair of these IEs after less than two weeks of wear after they released. Haven't made a squeak since. Have had to do this on multiple XIs, it's just something about the way they make the midsoles. It haunted me for years till someone else on here suggested the WD40 and I tried it on a pair of my squeaking Navy Snake XI lows. I was skeptical but I'll be damned if it doesn't work every time. I did have to redo it with a small amount once or twice on my Navys, but still no big deal.

Someone also said to be careful with this because WD40 can break down glue, but I haven't had a problem with that. I think you'd have to really use a lot, and I'm just using a little bit. That said, something like a dry graphite spray lube might work just as well. I just haven't gotten around to picking some up but I plan to try it the next time I bust out some DS XIs and they start squeaking.

Either way, the squeaking on XIs is something that no longer concerns me. It is now a thing of the past LOL
Definitely gonna try this and report back. Thanks so much for the info!

Only wore my pair like two times. Don’t remember the leather being this shiny when I was kid.
Finisher.
Theyve been all over the place in recent times either with no finisher heavy UV after coat or no UV overcoat smh.
Either way hit my pair with Satin finish to tame down the shine although in time with wear the shine should lessen. Leather quality itself however is best of any IE pair on hand. Only other pair that has similar quality are the Fire reds.

Definitely gonna try this and report back. Thanks so much for the info!
I promise you it will absolutely solve your problem. The first time I did it, I too was like, yeah, right, this isn't gonna work LOL
But it does. I'm pissed I didn't know about it years ago, it would've saved me many an XI I let go because of squeaking.

I promise you it will absolutely solve your problem. The first time I did it, I too was like, yeah, right, this isn't gonna work LOL
But it does. I'm pissed I didn't know about it years ago, it would've saved me many an XI I let go because of squeaking.
I would’ve just tried the wd40 but my can was missing the straw so I picked this up from Home Depot for $5.
EB20E542-D9C1-4824-9B1D-7B540964170D.jpeg

I did about a 2 second spray into each of the holes and left by the window to off gas. Squeaking is completely gone now! Now I can actually beat these into the ground, but I’m actually more excited to apply this fix to my concords and start wearing them again.

Can’t thank you enough for the tip!

I would’ve just tried the wd40 but my can was missing the straw so I picked this up from Home Depot for $5.
EB20E542-D9C1-4824-9B1D-7B540964170D.jpeg

I did about a 2 second spray into each of the holes and left by the window to off gas. Squeaking is completely gone now! Now I can actually beat these into the ground, but I’m actually more excited to apply this fix to my concords and start wearing them again.

Can’t thank you enough for the tip!
NICE! That's the exact product I have been meaning to buy and try as an alternative to the WD40, so it's great to get confirmation it indeed works as well! I'm gonna go get some and use it from now on whenever I need to de-squeak any XIs (or any other pairs, for that matter).
And I know what you mean about being excited to use it on the Concords LOL. Finding this fix is like getting some pairs of new shoes when it resurrects a pair you thought you couldn't wear anymore just because of that ongoing idiotic problem. I don't understand how Nike didn't fix whatever causes it long ago. Because it happens on virtually EVERY pair of XIs.

NICE! That's the exact product I have been meaning to buy and try as an alternative to the WD40, so it's great to get confirmation it indeed works as well! I'm gonna go get some and use it from now on whenever I need to de-squeak any XIs (or any other pairs, for that matter).
And I know what you mean about being excited to use it on the Concords LOL. Finding this fix is like getting some pairs of new shoes when it resurrects a pair you thought you couldn't wear anymore just because of that ongoing idiotic problem. I don't understand how Nike didn't fix whatever causes it long ago. Because it happens on virtually EVERY pair of XIs.
That’s the part that still bothers me lol. This has been a problem for years now. I hate the idea of having to fix a systematic flaw, but it’s literally a 2-3 minute fix that costs basically nothing.

That’s the part that still bothers me lol. This has been a problem for years now. I hate the idea of having to fix a systematic flaw, but it’s literally a 2-3 minute fix that costs basically nothing.
Exactly. And I've been extra-bonus surprised it's not something you have to do again every couple of weeks. Using WD40, my IEs have remained silent for six months since I did it. My Navy Snakes, after a few months I did get a little squeaking back (but nowhere NEAR what it had been like), so I just hit them again with a small amount and they've been pretty much all good since then.

Just a suggestion but I would recommend a silicone spray lube over WD40 since they aren’t petroleum based and don’t stink or break down rubber and adhesives.. Not the end of the world I’m sure but that’s prolly a slightly better route.

Just a suggestion but I would recommend a silicone spray lube over WD40 since they aren’t petroleum based and don’t stink or break down rubber and adhesives.. Not the end of the world I’m sure but that’s prolly a slightly better route.

I noted that in the back and forth engineer engineer and I had just a few posts prior. I too just happened to be at Home Depot the other night and bought a can of the Blaster brand dry graphite lube that he did and confirmed works. That’s what I’ll use moving forward. But as I noted, I’ve had zero issues with WD40. You only need to get a little bit into the midsole, you don’t come anywhere near saturating it.
13’s seem to have the squeaky issue also.

I’ve not yet had that with 13s but I only have one pair I wear. Same fix would work, I suspect.

Tied with those. These are more disappointing though, given the colors they used. A bulls cw should never look that bad. Mesh should’ve been red and sole should be clear.
While we're at it, they'd have looked way better without the EP in the red panels and just with those red panels being suede/nubuck like the OG black red IEs. In fact, I think all colorways of this shoe would be better if those panels were always like that and without any EP.

Tied with those. These are more disappointing though, given the colors they used. A bulls cw should never look that bad. Mesh should’ve been red and sole should be clear.
air-jordan-11-low-ie-white-red-sample.jpeg.jpg
Hear your take but man worse cw? smh although...that switch up suggestion does sound interesting. Actually wouldnt mind seeing a mockup of that red mesh clear or smoke bottom. Got a feeling the Gym Red PEs will be revisited at some point and wonder how theyll run them.
Rains suggestion of suede panels only does sound rather nice even though EP never bothered me.
Gym Reds are clearly one of my favorites. Wonder what IE will pop up this summer if they even have one in mind.

Back
Top Bottom