Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I’m finally free after these. Don’t need any other Jordan’s.

B5DED760-F903-41EA-ABB5-79578962C97D.gif
I wish I had a dollar every time I said this right here. You are never completely out.
You're definitely never out, but I'm down to not much for a good while. Two pairs of these, then a pair of white/red Vs (if they're still coming), maybe one pair of the Chi 1s (I have never owned a pair of 1s), and one pair of the flint 13s.
Stuff I still need before I say I'm truly out on Js for a couple of years, and some of it may not ever happen:
OG colorway 3s but only if they fix that damn shoe to be way closer to what it should be.
A better retro of white/cement 4s. (Would probably buy one pair of white/red 4s just because it was the first Jordan I ever had, in 8th grade LOL)
CG 11s, but I don't care that much.
White/red 12s.
A fresh pair of black toe 14s.
Black/red 11 IE lows done properly with clear soles and no elephant print overlays (I will buy 4 pairs of those if the day ever comes).
One pair of carmine 6s.
One pair of white/blue OG colorway 17s.

If I had all of the above in my closet right now, there's nothing else I'd feel like I needed. That might seem like a lot but it really isn't LOL. They could easily drop most of that within the next two years, though I'm sure they won't. There's also always random outliers we don't expect, like if they made a white 11 low with red snakeskin, but basically I'm solid right now even without most of the above. Once I got four pairs of concords last year, the rest became a bonus :lol:. Except for those damn OG black/red 11 IEs. Most people don't seem to care much about them but those things look so goddamn good on your feet. One of the most sleek, versatile Js of all time. I still can't believe we've never got a true retro.

You're definitely never out, but I'm down to not much for a good while. Two pairs of these, then a pair of white/red Vs (if they're still coming), maybe one pair of the Chi 1s (I have never owned a pair of 1s), and one pair of the flint 13s.
Stuff I still need before I say I'm truly out on Js for a couple of years, and some of it may not ever happen:
OG colorway 3s but only if they fix that damn shoe to be way closer to what it should be.
A better retro of white/cement 4s. (Would probably buy one pair of white/red 4s just because it was the first Jordan I ever had, in 8th grade LOL)
CG 11s, but I don't care that much.
White/red 12s.
A fresh pair of black toe 14s.
Black/red 11 IE lows done properly with clear soles and no elephant print overlays (I will buy 4 pairs of those if the day ever comes).
One pair of carmine 6s.
One pair of white/blue OG colorway 17s.

If I had all of the above in my closet right now, there's nothing else I'd feel like I needed. That might seem like a lot but it really isn't LOL. They could easily drop most of that within the next two years, though I'm sure they won't. There's also always random outliers we don't expect, like if they made a white 11 low with red snakeskin, but basically I'm solid right now even without most of the above. Once I got four pairs of concords last year, the rest became a bonus :lol:. Except for those damn OG black/red 11 IEs. Most people don't seem to care much about them but those things look so goddamn good on your feet. One of the most sleek, versatile Js of all time. I still can't believe we've never got a true retro.

Good god I need and will take literally everything you named here if it were available in proper form :rofl:

I tried to say I was done a long time ago. But they just keep releasing **** I want. Mostly original colors but there are a slight few I really cant pass up. I have just accepted to keep it open if you get what I mean. There are just too many I still would like for them to re release.

Good god I need and will take literally everything you named here if it were available in proper form :rofl:
:rofl:
But really that IS all I "need." If I had all of those now, the only reason to buy anything else would be because stuff got so old it wasn't safe to wear anymore. Basically I need Nike/JB to drop another round of what it did between early 2016 till now. That period crossed off half of what I had been waiting a decade or more for. I've never been one to need every damn Jordan that comes out. My list up there is legit all I care about at this point. If they all came out tomorrow at $200 a pop, I could be over and done with it for like $2500 bucks. Not chump change, but not that crazy, either. And I wouldn't have to spend anything for years after that other than random **** I bought just because I love sneakers LOL.

Last edited:
Black and Red XIs are the GOAT of all athletic shoes IMO, I know its my opinion but you cant help but see the influence in many more shoes compared to any other silhouette or am I wrong? I know the black and red is subjective as the best but the XI is by far the best basketball sneaker of all time for performance and style.

Yeah, once you cop all those, more OG colorways/models will be announced and those will keep you coming back.

The cycle is vicious.
That's the thing ... between what I have in my closet now and what I listed in my post above, that is literally all I care about having. There are other models and OG colorways I wouldn't have, but they aren't important to me and I'll skip them when they drop. Like taxi 12s, I had them on release day back in '96, but these days I just want the white/reds and would probably pass on taxis when they re-release. At the same time, I'll never not buy concord 11s, or black/red 11s, or .... so no, you can never REALLY leave LOL

Last edited:
Shock drop would make more sense around Black Friday if there are really as many pairs being produced as touted

if i miss the shock drop, ill be alright. im confident i can grab em on RD. but it would be nice if i could score a pair on the shock drop so then i would only need to go after 1 pair on RD.

Shock drop would make more sense around Black Friday if there are really as many pairs being produced as touted

It really wouldn't. The What The 4s drop on that week. Between this week and next week,only the Island 5s and 13s drop.

My family laid my uncle to rest today. We knew it was coming with his cancer but still not easy. Amazing to see the appreciation he had to our family and our history. Chicago sports was a big deal up north Indiana. Looking at the basement I was always in as a kid now holds a display of so much history including myself. He was only 58 and stubborn as hell but loved all of us regardless of his ways. Him knowing I was a big MJ/Bulls fan he still kept original Wheaties calender that started all this for me including many other things . I am summing all this up of course but just wanted to share. My uncle really had a sense of history along with understanding of what this stuff means to a lot of us. Bieng able to see the stuff I got to see was amazing tonight. Between he and my Dad, I def know where I got my display room mentality from. Tough day but great day. I had to say this on here. Thanks for reading.

My family laid my uncle to rest today. We knew it was coming with his cancer but still not easy. Amazing to see the appreciation he had to our family and our history. Chicago sports was a big deal up north Indiana. Looking at the basement I was always in as a kid now holds a display of so much history including myself. He was only 58 and stubborn as hell but loved all of us regardless of his ways. Him knowing I was a big MJ/Bulls fan he still kept original Wheaties calender that started all this for me including many other things . I am summing all this up of course but just wanted to share. My uncle really had a sense of history along with understanding of what this stuff means to a lot of us. Bieng able to see the stuff I got to see was amazing tonight. Between he and my Dad, I def know where I got my display room mentality from. Tough day but great day. I had to say this on here. Thanks for reading.
Hey brotha, so sorry for your loss. Great post and I sincerely hope you and the fam are doing OK in a tough time. It doesn't ever matter even when you know it's coming. My thoughts are with you.

Back
Top Bottom