Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

My and wife and I are always talking about this. The older I get the more I hate spending money on things I can't keep. I can't keep an expensive dinner lol. Same with a vacation as you said. Almost everyone on here seems like they have a genuine love for kicks as far as I can tell.

Not to mention that most of the stuff people on niketalk collect is the kind of stuff you can get most or all of your money back on. In some cases more. Very far from a waste to me.
LOL That's what I'm saying. I mean, I like eating out and all that other stuff, too, but truth be told, if it wasn't for my significant other, I'd do a lot less of that than I do (non-covid times, of course). Regardless, your other point is real, too: I don't generally buy shoes as investments and for resale and all of that, but a good percentage of the stuff I buy (and especially if I buy multiples), I can get most or all or more of my money back if I decide I don't need or want them anymore. That's a rare thing with most consumer goods.

The ONLY thing that lately has given me pause a couple of times is, this thing where almost EVERYTHING has become a nightmare to get at retail price. I'm most definitely not about to make it a normal thing where I shell out $375 and up for every release. Yeah, I did it for the Grinches, but take something like the Carmines coming next month. If I can't get those at MSRP, then I'm not getting them. I'm only willing to pay significantly more than MSRP for a few select shoes that mean something BIG to me for a reason. Carmines, for example, mean something to me, but not enough to pay $300 or whatever for them.

LOL That's what I'm saying. I mean, I like eating out and all that other stuff, too, but truth be told, if it wasn't for my significant other, I'd do a lot less of that than I do (non-covid times, of course). Regardless, your other point is real, too: I don't generally buy shoes as investments and for resale and all of that, but a good percentage of the stuff I buy (and especially if I buy multiples), I can get most or all or more of my money back if I decide I don't need or want them anymore. That's a rare thing with most consumer goods.

The ONLY thing that lately has given me pause a couple of times is, this thing where almost EVERYTHING has become a nightmare to get at retail price. I'm most definitely not about to make it a normal thing where I shell out $375 and up for every release. Yeah, I did it for the Grinches, but take something like the Carmines coming next month. If I can't get those at MSRP, then I'm not getting them. I'm only willing to pay significantly more than MSRP for a few select shoes that mean something BIG to me for a reason. Carmines, for example, mean something to me, but not enough to pay $300 or whatever for them.
Yep. I don't sell any of my stuff but it's nice to know that if I decided I didn't want them anymore then I could get what I put in back. That is definitely a very rare thing.

I have gotten most all of the shoes I have wanted but it has gotten harder for sure. Missed a couple here and there. It won't stay like that forever. Lately it's seemed like it's starting to ease up some to me personally.

Thats the core reasons why the Kobe line is momentarily dead to me. Refuse to contribute any longer to botters and havent done so for years now. Even when say for instance i flirt with the higher end GRs i missed out on its typically a while if not years after and sold by sellers with good ratings who do not appear to be botting.
Somewhat leads way into why i prefer gunning used pairs vs ds because people seem to be a bit more intouch with a sneakers true value. If DS and years after i actually expect to be taxed in some occassions but nothing excessive and float around 3 - 350 range. Once hitting that 4-5 range really need consider do i really want them that bad? 5 and over is Grail territory so thats rather close at that point. Hard to say just yet if years down the road these are grail territory but for the time being id let them get away with that 3-350 range anything higher is out of question but then again thats coming from someone with a pair. Id probably be dying by now to get hands on a pair lol.

These and the space jams are the only J's I really regret not doubling up on the last few years

These especially because the soles on the jams look like trash already

These are the last pair of Jordans I've bought for retail. Not a thing since then. It's been next to impossible getting anything for retail locally since then. Kinda turns you off when you're always having to pay resale if you want something.

Think I'll be switching over to Air Maxes and Air Force Ones lol.

Drop it in there! May be going that route unless i can find a way to get my hands on actual airbags which when you think about it really isnt too far off mark so as long as you have and can work a dremel.

Time to push out a finished product is my guess. What ive learned overtime is the more i concentrate take my time and give consideration to each and every step the happier ive been with the look and feel of the finished product.

{ OG Jordan / twenty19 retro rant }
At this point I would highly encourage people to NOT go for the OG Bred and heres why.
Though some OGs have been hailed as being much better in shape quality etc the reality is thats not always the case and two it greatly depends on how well theyve been conditioned and stored.
Something i love pushing the community on is doing better, i get that the idea of keeping a grail DS is a thing for some but these things still need to breath and be conditioned rubber upper and all otherwise breakdown is certain at some point. What im getting at here is that the OGs have long since hit classic territory and much like a classic car restoration is not a maybe its a must.
So unless were ready financially to pay someone or willing to put in the work for a Grail its best to leave them be. There are too many videos out there of piss poor restorations or skipping it completely just to flex. All this does is push the going rates up higher and higher to either finding a well restorised or stored pair.

twenty19Nt.png

As for these beauties my thoughts are you could hold out on on the rare occasion someone like myself chooses to thin the collection and list way below going rates. Most of my pickups have been that way, simply holding out until i hit three criteria's;
- Right condition
- Right cost
- Right time
You may have to slide into a pair that are not DS but its never taken the joy away for me. That aside between do i think going rates are on target?
Think the above photo answers that rather well lol.
They really really did the damn thing on these. These were where it all began for me as a kid, not a single retro has hit the mark as well as the twenty19s. Remembered getting my hands on the CDP 11/12 and being so happy. The Taxis were cool but the 11s just did NOT do it for me and i could never understand why at that point in time.
Bacon strip patent awkward toe and oh god that backwards facing Jumpman wtf?
From that point on i wasnt impressed or cared to purchase a single 11 aside from some IEs because they just looked goofy as hell. Then the Concord Jams came along followed by the Concords and these and i was all in. I would consider these worthy of sub Grail territory which is somewhere between retail and $500. Only thing that hinders me saying that is the gross amount that were made and literally sitting somewhere by botters. The shape color materials everything is beautifully done.
Is it the OG? No, nor does it need be because its the twenty19.

Hot damn bro that was an amazing read that really opened my eyes up a lot! Thank you a lot for dropping this in here for me to see! That 2019 pair the shape color everything is amazing I'm really blown away, definitely changes the way I look at things. I'm not gonna lie I'm just gonna go for another pair of 2019s in my correct size and shop around for one in this shape too lol.

I bought a pair of DS unlaced 96 Black and Red XIs for my collection in the early 2000s. The money I paid was stupid as hell. Purchased with no intent to wear. They still are DS, but if I could do it over again, with how they have aged I would. OGs were godlike. Key word, WERE. I would never suggest anyone to buy originals from the 90s if they want to wear them. The newer releases are a much better purchase. Regardless of the little things we all ***** about.
I appreciate the input here man really I'm definitely wanting to go get another 2019 pair. I always figure I'd be good restoring a pair of OG's and wearing them. I change my mind now man these are powerful messages imo.

I appreciate the input here man really I'm definitely wanting to go get another 2019 pair. I always figure I'd be good restoring a pair of OG's and wearing them. I change my mind now man these are powerful messages imo.
Yeah brotha you really cannot go wrong with the 2019s. Hypebeast and OG sneakerheads alike can agree that theyre beautiful. Id even go so far as to say these are the modern day OGs and down the line will likely be sought after in the same respect once the 96 OG well runs dry.
Going for restoration is a specialty thing, something id only care to entertain for a grails only and not for the mere sake of nitpicking OG vs Retro details (atleast for this model).
I enjoy it because it was my youth, Jordan was a superhero to us and because much like other older heads were at that point in life where we can afford to invest the time and finances to enter such territory. Crazy that were at that point were much like classic cars people are having interest in restoration work to bring out classics every so often only on sunny Saturdays lol.

Thats the core reasons why the Kobe line is momentarily dead to me. Refuse to contribute any longer to botters and havent done so for years now. Even when say for instance i flirt with the higher end GRs i missed out on its typically a while if not years after and sold by sellers with good ratings who do not appear to be botting.
Somewhat leads way into why i prefer gunning used pairs vs ds because people seem to be a bit more intouch with a sneakers true value. If DS and years after i actually expect to be taxed in some occassions but nothing excessive and float around 3 - 350 range. Once hitting that 4-5 range really need consider do i really want them that bad? 5 and over is Grail territory so thats rather close at that point. Hard to say just yet if years down the road these are grail territory but for the time being id let them get away with that 3-350 range anything higher is out of question but then again thats coming from someone with a pair. Id probably be dying by now to get hands on a pair lol.
I feel this statement. I got out the sneaker game around 2013 and sold off the entire collection. Got that itch again back in April of 2020 which caused me to miss these. Recently broke down and paid resell and basically had to talk myself into it. There’s only two other Jordan’s I would pay resell to get in this inflated era and these are one of them. I had to have em. I just consider it my tax for passing on the retail release. Definitely not going to make a habit out of it though lol

I feel this statement. I got out the sneaker game around 2013 and sold off the entire collection. Got that itch again back in April of 2020 which caused me to miss these. Recently broke down and paid resell and basically had to talk myself into it. There’s only two other Jordan’s I would pay resell to get in this inflated era and these are one of them. I had to have em. I just consider it my tax for passing on the retail release. Definitely not going to make a habit out of it though lol
Id call that a fair tax, it be different if you were in and had a solid collection like so many then id say a year out is too early. Funny thing is they arent really being resold at the moment once in hands of those who actually want them.
Ive mentioned that much like the 18 Concords i consider these the modern day OG Black n Reds and stand by that 100% unless the next run somehow tops them which is possible just not likely. Once the OG96 well runs dry these will be grails albeit in a rather high produced number.
{ ps rant }
You believe these *******s have the nerve to launch an attack on UA sites...and not bots? smh

LOL as for my last post.. nevermind
Long story short copped thru stockx for more than 300 which is my cutoff but I “needed” them

stockx emails me just now saying they passed inspection but are in a replacement box.. “is that okay”
For 300+? Absolutely not okay .. I don’t collect I wear everything but I DO keep my kicks in boxes and something about that just don’t sit right with me

Gonna take a refund and strategize for them a lot cheaper .. with the right damn box

LOL as for my last post.. nevermind
Long story short copped thru stockx for more than 300 which is my cutoff but I “needed” them

stockx emails me just now saying they passed inspection but are in a replacement box.. “is that okay”
For 300+? Absolutely not okay .. I don’t collect I wear everything but I DO keep my kicks in boxes and something about that just don’t sit right with me

Gonna take a refund and strategize for them a lot cheaper .. with the right damn box

That's so freak'n dumb. They shouldn't even accept those and move on. It's possible someone legit got a generic box from Nike on RD; we've seen that before. However, that person got screwed b/c no resell platform should accept them. Only feasible to sell on eBay so people can see what they're getting, and likely at aa lower than avg price. I'm sure you'll find your pair eventually!

yeah like it shouldnt even have gotten to the point of hittin me up, they shouldve just told me they didnt pass inspection and gave me my money back

funny cuz they even said see atatched pics and let us know.. but there wasnt any pics attached -_-

D26E0D12-92D0-4EEE-AA09-B1BCBDC7F032.jpeg
I went nuts on last years breds to match my 20 pairs of concords lmfao
As ridiculous as this is, I can't even blame you LOL
My fav shoe ever. U can never have too many pairs of these, though I settled on 3.
I would have three, if those mother****ers at END didn't hit me with the "you won" raffle notification, only to then find out I was one of the people they told won when we really didn't. But hey, I have two, and four Concords, and two SJs, and nowhere near enough time as is to wear them all and beat them up. So I can't really complain.

yeah like it shouldnt even have gotten to the point of hittin me up, they shouldve just told me they didnt pass inspection and gave me my money back

funny cuz they even said see atatched pics and let us know.. but there wasnt any pics attached -_-
Thats one of my core issues with StockX, listings never include actual images of on hand product, way too many variables that can go wrong.
No different than the morons who post on eBay...of the box..just the box and maybe stock imagery like really dude?
We just gonna post a photo of the box while asking premium? Ok.

That's so freak'n dumb. They shouldn't even accept those and move on. It's possible someone legit got a generic box from Nike on RD; we've seen that before. However, that person got screwed b/c no resell platform should accept them. Only feasible to sell on eBay so people can see what they're getting, and likely at aa lower than avg price. I'm sure you'll find your pair eventually!
They should get accepted but the buyer should be fully aware they are getting a replacement box. I think Goat tells you you’re getting a replacement box before

I also think that shouldn’t be allowed to list them for the same price tbh, that’s just me though.

Back
Top Bottom