Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Think we will see playoff XIIIs next year? My gut feeling says no 😪. In five years what do you think will replace the 1 and IV and V hype we have now? My gut says VIII, XII, and XVII will be the next wave.
Not sure what the next J wave will be, but the hype around 11s and 1s will never go away. Those 2 are part of the culture permanently.

For that price right now, no brainer considering how much you've wanted a pair. That creasing will happen quickly, anyway, to pairs that get any real wear at all. I have pairs of recent XIs that I've only worn inside and they get that creasing. It's unavoidable. Shine those up when you get them and just enjoy.

Yeah. It's not going to last. Not to this degree, anyway. This might be the craziest we've seen it, but we've also seen it before for different reasons. I honestly don't believe there are enough people who are now willing to pay these prices who actually have a deep enough love for sneakers/Jordans to keep the bubble going long-term. It's not sustainable, at least not for what is right now almost literally every pair being snatched up and resold. People are going to tire of dropping $300-plus on freaking shoes, and they're going to move on to other things.
Thank you for that brother, I swear I had to be one of the luckiest shoppers on Ebay last night. Also i dont think he was signed up for the Ebay Authentication system. I cant wait to rock them and shine em up. What is good for shining the patent? I have used wd40 and it works wonders but smells like Wd40 lol.

I was just going to pay 370 for a used pair on Ebay and these pop'd up for 220 so I cashed in. They only have the 1 crease. What do you guys think?
Screenshot_20210323-201042_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-201049_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-201056_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-201105_eBay.jpg
Perfect price and pickup!
That crease will happen regardless with wear anyhow, thats the kind of condition i usually shoot for. Would much rather pay that for a lightly used pair from a legit sneakerhead than whatever the scum are asking for botted DS.

Thank you for that brother, I swear I had to be one of the luckiest shoppers on Ebay last night. Also i dont think he was signed up for the Ebay Authentication system. I cant wait to rock them and shine em up. What is good for shining the patent? I have used wd40 and it works wonders but smells like Wd40 lol.
I think with used shoes on eBay, they only authenticate if the shoe price is 300+. And new shoes 100+.

Last edited:
Perfect price and pickup!
That crease will happen regardless with wear anyhow, thats the kind of condition i usually shoot for. Would much rather pay that for a lightly used pair from a legit sneakerhead than whatever the scum are asking for botted DS.
🤣🤣 man this couldn't be closer to the truth I hate buying off of someone who doesn't give a damm about the community or what the sneakers actually signify.

What makes you think that the bubbles will burst? I could see Sports Cards etc bursting because they went from damn near worthless to insane values just in the last few years, but I'm not sure I see the sneaker bubble ever really "bursting" - except maybe for shoes that aren't anything special. Like these black and red XI's.... if there isn't another release from Nike within the next few years, why would the values on the already limited amount of DS pairs existing ever go down? Such an iconic shoe that Nike only brings back every 4-7 years. But maybe in time its "cool" to wear non-hype sneakers so the value of those hype sneakers begins to fade?
I don't think anyone was talking specifically about shoes like these. To me, the bubble refers to virtually everything selling out instantly, and enough people being willing to pay resale prices to make it all worth the effort for resellers. We knew it was out of control when the freaking Air Raids, Barkleys etc sold out in three minutes. That's the bubble I'm talking about. Retros of the money OG Jordans are always a thing, and it fluctuates over the years. Most of them aren't "easy" to get ever, in the strictest sense of the word. But what's happening right now across the board is an all-time high of nonsense. People are buying things to resell with no thought given to what the demand is, and people seem to be paying resale just because resellers made them sell out instantly. It's a bizarre circle. At some point, a lot of people are going to stop caring and feeling like they need a lot of these releases enough to pay the extra tax. I mean, I'm a DIEHARD 30-year Nike/Jordan nut, with a strong income ... and I'm losing motivation. Imagine what the casual, hype-based buyers of the moment are going to feel like after this goes on long enough.

Don't put WD-40 on your shoes. For quick duty, I use alcohol free wipes. I also have some Vernis Rife patent cleaner/conditioner I bought from Amazon.

Last edited:
I agree. I myself have started to move in other directions. Because like you said laying 3 bills for a shoe every week or every other week, you’re gonna hit the wall. At least in my case. I love the brand but my days of buying 3 pairs are done.

Last year killed me.. morale with both JB and Nike went to ****. I had to get a HEAVY chunk of stuff from the aftermarket. By the end of the year.. I was hitting wall mode.

I agree. I myself have started to move in other directions. Because like you said paying 2 and 3 bills for a shoe every week/every other week, you’re gonna hit the wall. At least in my case. I love the brand but my days of buying 3 pairs are done.

I drew the line back in 2017. I made like 1 or 2 jordan purchases in the last 3 years at most. I bought a cpl runners but thats it.

Here i am 2021 and some releases i actually like, i feel like a newbie all over again. Looking back at pairs i got rid of back then and the price theyre at now to get em back :sick: that goes for any brand not just the jumpman

I don't think anyone was talking specifically about shoes like these. To me, the bubble refers to virtually everything selling out instantly, and enough people being willing to pay resale prices to make it all worth the effort for resellers. We knew it was out of control when the freaking Air Raids, Barkleys etc sold out in three minutes. That's the bubble I'm talking about. Retros of the money OG Jordans are always a thing, and it fluctuates over the years. Most of them aren't "easy" to get ever, in the strictest sense of the word. But what's happening right now across the board is an all-time high of nonsense. People are buying things to resell with no thought given to what the demand is, and people seem to be paying resale just because resellers made them sell out instantly. It's a bizarre circle. At some point, a lot of people are going to stop caring and feeling like they need a lot of these releases enough to pay the extra tax. I mean, I'm a DIEHARD 30-year Nike/Jordan nut, with a strong income ... and I'm losing motivation. Imagine what the casual, hype-based buyers of the moment are going to feel like after this goes on long enough.

Don't put WD-40 on your shoes. For quick duty, I use alcohol free wipes. I also have some Vernis Rife patent cleaner/conditioner I bought from Amazon.

Damn man this is amazing thank you for that. I definitely like to keep the leather shiny and fresh 🙏

Does the patent leather cleaner also help with cracking?

People have been talking about the sneaker bubble bursting for years. The bubble was supposed to burst most recently when Covid broke out, but the bubble just got bigger 😄. Welcome to the new sneaker norm.

Yeah since that's when supposedly everyone was supposed to be broke , but yet things got worse....and then ( The Last Dance ) was the final nail in the coffin.

Everyone started spending their unemployment checks and stimmys on shoes.
Wow man I'm stuck on Unemployment while I look for a new job after mine closing down. I'm surprised so many people are able to do that. I have bought a few over the Year or so we've been laid off but damn man people who can get every release are getting govt money and more on the side. Unemployment pays bad.

Wow man I'm stuck on Unemployment while I look for a new job after mine closing down. I'm surprised so many people are able to do that. I have bought a few over the Year or so we've been laid off but damn man people who can get every release are getting govt money and more on the side. Unemployment pays bad.
Yeah and i didnt mean that in a disrespectful way at all. People are just being resellers and trying to make a buck. I cant blame them when times get hard and its a hustle that you know.

I know I'm going to sound crazy here but stick with me. This Lace company I ordered laces from for my fresh prince 5s has the OG thick Jordan XI laces I just got my pair in from Rope Lace Supply and man they are noticeable thicker in hand. I'm sure not many will care but it's kinda cool lol.
20210409_152152.jpg

Thicker laces are in the shoes retail are out.

I know I'm going to sound crazy here but stick with me. This Lace company I ordered laces from for my fresh prince 5s has the OG thick Jordan XI laces I just got my pair in from Rope Lace Supply and man they are noticeable thicker in hand. I'm sure not many will care but it's kinda cool lol.
20210409_152152.jpg

Thicker laces are in the shoes retail are out.

Do you have the a link to those laces? I've been looking for some of those for awhile now. I DAMN near took the laces out of my OG pair!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom