Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Why for so cheap and where? That's crazy.
I work for a Goodwill in Houston. Someone donated yesterday. Priced them that day, within 2 hours someone bought them.

I was glad to see them especially in that condition because most of the shoes brought in there for sale are heavily worn and not worth much(at least in my opinion). Someone is always willing purchase them though.

Granted I've never seen a legit 2019 pair, I went off the carbon fiber and it wasn't plastic lol. Seemed legit to me.

BB58BCBA-BE9D-4E60-B7C8-CDA75503F617.jpeg

I work for a Goodwill in Houston. Someone donated yesterday. Priced them that day, within 2 hours someone bought them.

I was glad to see them especially in that condition because most of the shoes brought in there for sale are heavily worn and not worth much(at least in my opinion). Someone is always willing purchase them though.
Man I'm still in the market for a 11.5 of the 2019s I can't find a pair for under $400-500. That's just too much for me on 1 shoe.

The entire sneaker market is nuts. Jordans that were on discount for the longest time are going for mad money (ex. Motorsports 4, etc.), let alone the OG classics. Will be interesting to see how long this bubble lasts.
I really hope not too long man the price ranges on the biggest GR's are ridiculous. Plus everyone thinks they can buy a shoe and make 200 bucks off it, instead of just enjoying the shoe.

I was just going to pay 370 for a used pair on Ebay and these pop'd up for 220 so I cashed in. They only have the 1 crease. What do you guys think?
Screenshot_20210323-201042_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-201049_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-201056_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-201105_eBay.jpg
For that price right now, no brainer considering how much you've wanted a pair. That creasing will happen quickly, anyway, to pairs that get any real wear at all. I have pairs of recent XIs that I've only worn inside and they get that creasing. It's unavoidable. Shine those up when you get them and just enjoy.
Once again, and as we know. That Last Dance documentary sent prices through the roof. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. Couple that with the funds people have received.

I don’t see this tapering off until maybe next year when the extra money is all but dried up.
Yeah. It's not going to last. Not to this degree, anyway. This might be the craziest we've seen it, but we've also seen it before for different reasons. I honestly don't believe there are enough people who are now willing to pay these prices who actually have a deep enough love for sneakers/Jordans to keep the bubble going long-term. It's not sustainable, at least not for what is right now almost literally every pair being snatched up and resold. People are going to tire of dropping $300-plus on freaking shoes, and they're going to move on to other things.

I agree. I myself have started to move in other directions. Because like you said paying 2 and 3 bills for a shoe every week/every other week, you’re gonna hit the wall. At least in my case. I love the brand but my days of buying 3 pairs are done.

Last edited:
I agree. I myself have started to move in other directions. Because like you said laying 3 bills for a shoe every week or every other week, you’re gonna hit the wall. At least in my case. I love the brand but my days of buying 3 pairs are done.
Ya. If nothing else, I'm becoming even more discerning in what I buy. There are a handful of shoes I want bad enough that I'll pay the resale right now if I have to, but it's not a long list. And what happens as a result is, if I drop $100-plus over retail on the pairs I really want, I will no longer make impulse purchases of other models I like a lot but that don't mean as much to me. I have no idea when this bubble might burst, I just know it's not sustainable. It sucks the fun out of it for the majority of people, even if they can technically "afford" the inflated prices. That's basically where I'm at. And once enough people get burned out on what they have to go through and spend to get the next pair, that's when it bursts. The day is coming. It could be months, a year, two years away. But it will come.

For that price right now, no brainer considering how much you've wanted a pair. That creasing will happen quickly, anyway, to pairs that get any real wear at all. I have pairs of recent XIs that I've only worn inside and they get that creasing. It's unavoidable. Shine those up when you get them and just enjoy.

Yeah. It's not going to last. Not to this degree, anyway. This might be the craziest we've seen it, but we've also seen it before for different reasons. I honestly don't believe there are enough people who are now willing to pay these prices who actually have a deep enough love for sneakers/Jordans to keep the bubble going long-term. It's not sustainable, at least not for what is right now almost literally every pair being snatched up and resold. People are going to tire of dropping $300-plus on freaking shoes, and they're going to move on to other things.
Agreed. I see all types of bubble bursting within a year or two for anything that is deemed collectable. Sneakers, cards, action figures etc...

Agreed. I see all types of bubble bursting within a year or two for anything that is deemed collectable. Sneakers, cards, action figures etc...

What makes you think that the bubbles will burst? I could see Sports Cards etc bursting because they went from damn near worthless to insane values just in the last few years, but I'm not sure I see the sneaker bubble ever really "bursting" - except maybe for shoes that aren't anything special. Like these black and red XI's.... if there isn't another release from Nike within the next few years, why would the values on the already limited amount of DS pairs existing ever go down? Such an iconic shoe that Nike only brings back every 4-7 years. But maybe in time its "cool" to wear non-hype sneakers so the value of those hype sneakers begins to fade?

Can't even call sneakers a bubble anymore. This is the new normal, you will see shifts on what is coveted and valued. Like how we went from Nike basketball and Jordan retro's, to Adidas and Air maxs, then Jordan 1's and Dunks.

There will be another shift of what's "hot" but the sneaker "bubble" talk is basically out the window at this point.

Think we will see playoff XIIIs next year? My gut feeling says no 😪. In five years what do you think will replace the 1 and IV and V hype we have now? My gut says VIII, XII, and XVII will be the next wave.

Back
Top Bottom