Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

What if shoes were meant to be worn a lot, age, and then tossed at some point? Cuz I feel like sneaker companies never intended their shoes to be worn for 10-20 years.

Shoe companies intend to make profit. That's it. Consumers have to dictate what they want as much as they can or else shoe companies will continue to push inferior products for inflated prices.

This is why I hate the whole “closed cell PU” BS that gets brought up all the time with 3s and 4s. I’d much rather they go back to the softer, more comfortable open cell material that the originals had. Just produce more pairs every 5-7 years.
Having shoes crack is a bad look to the brand after a number of years but they sure don't have any problems making a mockery of it on the Off-White 2 Lows.

IMG_20230208_115806849.jpg
The Bred Pack!!!

Shoe companies intend to make profit. That's it. Consumers have to dictate what they want as much as they can or else shoe companies will continue to push inferior products for inflated prices.
I don't understand for my part why they don't respect the remaster programm since 2015? In 2015, my Double Nickel were confortable, also my 2015 72 10. The air sole unit was very good. Since 2018 2019 shoes are more expensive and the cushionning decreased. Just because of the OG PL and the good Jordan logo? Man when i received my pair i didn't think i will break the shoe to see if the cushionning will be good or not. Now trust me after breaking my bred 2019, i can tell you that the cushionning is awful and i had pain during 2 weeks to my right foot.
But i saw a man where i live oversea and he bought from newyork from what he told me (holiday), a low 72 10. I checked his pair, foam was like an OG foam, perfect and soft, and air sole unit was like my 2015 72 10 (space jam 2016). He had the perfect pair. I even checked if the right airsole was the same than the left, and it was. Trust me man I was jaleous. My first pair of 72 win low was perfect but the air sole unit was excatly the same than my concord 2018 and my bred 2019, just zero cushion.
It is not honest to give us shoes without cushionning. It is not comprehensible. My 2016 10 NYC are made of concrete.
My 2017 Win like 82 are not bad but not like my 72 win 2015. Right now i just want to sell my bred 2019. I'm a little bit disgusted and the logo of the right shoe is ugly.

Last edited:
Having shoes crack is a bad look to the brand after a number of years but they sure don't have any problems making a mockery of it on the Off-White 2 Lows.

I don't understand for my part why they don't respect the remaster programm since 2015? In 2015, my Double Nickel were confortable, also my 2015 72 10. The air sole unit was very good. Since 2018 2019 shoes are more expensive and the cushionning decreased. Just because of the OG PL and the good Jordan logo? Man when i received my pair i didn't think i will break the shoe to see if the cushionning will be good or not. Now trust me after breaking my bred 2019, i can tell you that the cushionning is awful and i had pain during 2 weeks to my right foot.
But i saw a man where i live oversea and he bought from newyork from what he told me (holiday), a low 72 10. I checked his pair, foam was like an OG foam, perfect and soft, and air sole unit was like my 2015 72 10 (space jam 2016). He had the perfect pair. I even checked if the right airsole was the same than the left, and it was. Trust me man I was jaleous. My first pair of 72 win low was perfect but the air sole unit was excatly the same than my concord 2018 and my bred 2019, just zero cushion.
It is not honest to give us shoes without cushionning. It is not comprehensible. My 2016 10 NYC are made of concrete.
My 2017 Win like 82 are not bad but not like my 72 win 2015. Right now i just want to sell my bred 2019. I'm a little bit disgusted and the logo of the right shoe is ugly.
At this point they should just have 2 separate products.

- One that doesn’t break down, even after decades sitting in a box.
- One that’s meant to be worn.

I don't buy the above rationale; sorry. If a shoe that's comfortable to wear but breaks down after 10+ years instead of 20+ years, that's not a reflection of the brand. It's a reflection of collectors not wearing them. Make your product with good materials and comfortable and wearable. For those who choose not to wear them, whether they crumble in a decade or two decades is irrelevant, they're going to crumble regardless. Let those of us who want to wear them at least enjoy the OG comfort (which doesn't compare to modern materials, but at least aren't bricks).

And, closed cell PU results in the paint cracking problem (though they seemed to have mostly figured that out in recent years). Paint cracking on brand new shoes with minimal wear was so pathetic. Using the OG open celled PU with dies instead of paint was way more durable. Though they tended to keep the midsoles white on most pairs, which ultimately yellowed. Everything has its tradeoffs.

What if shoes were meant to be worn a lot, age, and then tossed at some point? Cuz I feel like sneaker companies never intended their shoes to be worn for 10-20 years.

As soon as the warranty period is over, the life of said materials is spent. They are expecting you to be wearing them the entire time. For example midsole glue. Most glues have a shelf life, even unused in the bottle.

I agree. This is a shoe that should be in permanent rotation, even over the concords and I love concords. I was able to hit on 2 pairs on RD and I don't regret it. Prior to this release, I was able to scoop a 2001 pair, so I have 3 pairs. I regret selling my previous extra 2001 pair back in 05/06 I think.

Damn. They forreal hurt. I stuffed the toe with some shoe paper or whatever I got from some other shoes lol. Bunched it up so it’s pushing the toe region and will check back on it in a day or 2

Damn. They forreal hurt. I stuffed the toe with some shoe paper or whatever I got from some other shoes lol. Bunched it up so it’s pushing the toe region and will check back on it in a day or 2
My personal method with shoes like this is to triple or even quadruple my socks and where them at home for 2-3 hours at a time.

After 5-7 days of this, they usually become wearable.

Not kidding at all…it works.

If they still too tight after this, then it’s time to cut bait and walk away.

…just wasn’t meant to be.

Best thing is to just wear ‘em. Mine broke in after a few wears and they’re fine now. But I definitely noticed a difference in how they felt in the toe from the Concords a year prior. It’s strange cause they use the same mold but the toe on the breds is narrower.
The 2012 playoffs felt smaller and stiffer than the other pairs from that era too.

Back
Top Bottom