Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I actually got rid of these just today. Only have the 2019 pair now. ☹️. I think the red on the 19s is closer to OG though. Overall 19s are better even though I loved my 01s since they were the first blk red 11s I ever owned.

**NOSTALGIA POST**

I had the 2001 Air Jordan 11 Black/red pair in my 9th grade year. Came out 12/15/2001 for $125. They were a very EASY purchase considering how high the demand was. I remember having a $160 Nike product voucher from returning the charcoal/red Flightposite 1’s. Of course, I saved it to use it on those that year. I remember waking up at 12am EST. to go on Nike.com to get them. Full size run and ordered my size 11 with no issues.

Later that morning, my brother wanted to get his pair at footlocker at Iverson mall here in PG county. I went with him and it wasn’t any long lines, no stupid raffles, no guarantee tickets, and no nothing. Walked in, asked for his size, tried them on, paid for it, and left. I remember as we were leaving, that’s where we started to see more people coming in to get a pair. Back then, it was more exciting to get the newest retro J’s and more appreciated after getting your pair. I guess it’s because retros were still a new thing back then and people wanted more. I miss those days!

E2B5B9A0-97BD-4E09-B442-37E1EE017E25.png

these are a sample from 10 yrs ago i think

Vrelvets? At least we bypassed the speculation of it being the Columbias this upcoming season (such is tradition)

**NOSTALGIA POST**

I had the 2001 Air Jordan 11 Black/red pair in my 9th grade year. Came out 12/15/2001 for $125. They were a very EASY purchase considering how high the demand was. I remember having a $160 Nike product voucher from returning the charcoal/red Flightposite 1’s. Of course, I saved it to use it on those that year. I remember waking up at 12am EST. to go on Nike.com to get them. Full size run and ordered my size 11 with no issues.

Later that morning, my brother wanted to get his pair at footlocker at Iverson mall here in PG county. I went with him and it wasn’t any long lines, no stupid raffles, no guarantee tickets, and no nothing. Walked in, asked for his size, tried them on, paid for it, and left. I remember as we were leaving, that’s where we started to see more people coming in to get a pair. Back then, it was more exciting to get the newest retro J’s and more appreciated after getting your pair. I guess it’s because retros were still a new thing back then and people wanted more. I miss those days!
Nice I was a senior in HS, copped them easily in Detroit from Sibley's Shoes. Was shocked how easy they were because of the CG fiasco from earlier that year.

**NOSTALGIA POST**

Saw this and had to agree. I was working at Niketown NY when these released that holiday season. We got so many pairs of Blk/Red XIs in, they literally went around the store asking employees to fill out a sheet with their size to get a guaranteed pair at discount. In my time working there, they have NEVER done anything like that and had not done anything like it since in my time there. There were even leftover pairs into January after the holiday season. So much so, employees were stashing pairs all over the building to buy later that LP couldn't even account for. I was able to snag 2 pairs during that time. Definitely one of the more rare XI releases I participated in.

Back
Top Bottom