Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I think it’s just crazy how high this shoe is placed in sneakers, but they squeak after a couple wears.

I think my excitement for this release is dead.
At this point, I feel like I’m copping because I have to.

I think Jordan Brand’s roll out for these has been weak. Last year, and even in 2016, they had early drops, official images, and other ad campaign type stuff for these. Sure the shoes didn’t need it to sell, but that kindve stuff gets people hyped, and makes things kinda fun, at least for me. Doesn’t really feel like these drop in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Ad campaign, official images and shock drop I'd never hit on or not, I'm buying these regardless. All that other stuff to build up hype is just extra. They'll sell out either way.

I think my excitement for this release is dead.
At this point, I feel like I’m copping because I have to.

This makes me wonder. Do you actually like the concord 11s or are you following the masses?

happy that i don't have to get a reglue on some ds 2000's; and i can wear without fear of my shoe talking

I think it’s just crazy how high this shoe is placed in sneakers, but they squeak after a couple wears.

I got all love for ya AquaMan...except I see this as being irrelevant. Saying what you said makes me think this. Are the air Jordan 3-6 or even better, the Aqua 8s...any less of a shoe because over time they chip/crack/crumble? Not Imo.

Do Nike Mags have less appeal because the lights eventually stop working.

The AJ 11 had/has so much appeal because in 95/96 they were so ground breaking. Patent leather/ballistic mesh/full length air unit/phylon midsole/carbon fibre shank to give Mike more torsional support.

In all my years collecting I’ve had 1 of probably 40 pairs of 11s squeak, a pair of lows from 2007. I guess for the AJ 11 to truly understand its appeal or ground breaking tech you had to be around and understand in 95ish.

I got all love for ya AquaMan...except I see this as being irrelevant. Saying what you said makes me think this. Are the air Jordan 3-6 or even better, the Aqua 8s...any less of a shoe because over time they chip/crack/crumble? Not Imo.

Do Nike Mags have less appeal because the lights eventually stop working.

The AJ 11 had/has so much appeal because in 95/96 they were so ground breaking. Patent leather/ballistic mesh/full length air unit/phylon midsole/carbon fibre shank to give Mike more torsional support.

In all my years collecting I’ve had 1 of probably 40 pairs of 11s squeak, a pair of lows from 2007. I guess for the AJ 11 to truly understand its appeal or ground breaking tech you had to be around and understand in 95ish.
I’m saying that the 11 is held so high in regard to everything surrounding the shoe, yet it squeaked when’ve i had a pair. 3-6 and 8 wear with time, but I find squeaking a bigger inconvenience than paint chipping or heel drag that happens with wear. Those didn’t squeak. When I had 11s in 2009, they were the only shoe they squeaked. I tried baby powder and it didn’t go away. It would be great if they didn’t still squeak(despite there being methods to fix the issue. Idk how that was seen as an attack against the shoe but hey..

It’s all relative guys. I like the theatrics and marketing behind certain shoes. That contributes to the excitement for me, and makes it an event before I actually own the shoe. Of course I don’t need it, but I specifically, and others that like it, appreciate it. It’s all relative to who you ask.

This makes me wonder. Do you actually like the concord 11s or are you following the masses?

:lol: following the masses? I’ve been in to shoes longer than the high majority of this board. I’m saying what I said in the sense that these are one of my favorite Jordan’s ever but I don’t feel excited about buying. I’m buying to finally own a pair, but that’s it.

:lol: following the masses? I’ve been in to shoes longer than the high majority of this board. I’m saying what I said in the sense that these are one of my favorite Jordan’s ever but I don’t feel excited about buying. I’m buying to finally own a pair, but that’s it.

Word. Just what you said made it sound a little different.

Back
Top Bottom