Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

@marztharealist thank you for the support.

One thing that's for sure is that we are all passionate about this Brand and we all want what's best and will always have an opinion on whatever they create.
That being said, my pair of the 2018 comes in Saturday. I'll start the review and comparison immediately and post here for NT.

I'm in for at least four or five, and that won't change even if I have to buy them all on StockX (going to be in the middle of Death Valley for work when these drop). No effs given on this one.

So you're a Concord Connoisseur :lol: .. I respect it but I just can't rationalize it man. Most of us own at least 20-30 pairs of kicks and that's being super generous. Unless you're a gym teacher or something how on earth are you going to find time to run through 5 pairs of Concords (in general or in 5 years). I have DMPs and lows and eventually 2 of these.. Im good good lol.

I'm definitely not here to tell people what to do with there money.. do you octopus legs :lol: I just think it's overkill.
I own over 100 pairs of shoes and I can honestly say my shoes generally fall apart on me before I beat them up enough to need another pair. That said I usually double up on Jordan 3s. I have learned through doing this that it isnt really necessary. I have literally gone like 8yrs before UnDsing a double and had the midsole crack on me immediately. This happened with my Fire Reds and CDP black cements that I doubled up on. But of course I went ahead and copped 2 pairs of Nike Air Black Cements recently. So I currently have a beat pair for the gym, a pair with a totally cracked(paint chipping) midsole and DS like upper, and 2 DS NA pairs.

Also in my many years on here hearing peoples stories and through my own experience I can tell you the longer a shoe goes unworn something happens with the glue that causes separation of soles. Especially on 11s. Take what you will from this

Last edited:
I own over 100 pairs of shoes and I can honestly say my shoes generally fall apart on me before I beat them up enough to need another pair. That said I usually double up on Jordan 3s. I have learned through doing this that it isnt really necessary. I have literally gone like 8yrs before UnDsing a double and had the midsole crack on me immediately. This happened with my Fire Reds and CDP black cements that I doubled up on. But of course I went ahead and copped 2 pairs of Nike Air Black Cements recently. So I currently have a beat pair for the gym, a pair with a totally cracked(paint chipping) midsole and DS like upper, and 2 DS NA pairs.

Also in my many years on here hearing peoples stories and through my own experience I can tell you the longer a shoe goes unworn something happens with the glue that causes separation of soles. Especially on 11s. Take what you will from this

I'm well aware. From time to time I double on stuff, and I'm trying to cut that out because I have wasted money on six or seven shoes the past two years buying two and not needing to have done that. However, THIS shoe is different for me. And 11s last a long time even keeping them on ice, so I have zero concerns if I don't get to wearing a pair for several years.

And then there's this: Let's say I buy four pairs as planned. Let's say that three years from now, I'm only just barely onto wearing the second pair. Or maybe it's still the first pair if I'm happy with the way they are aging/being used. I really can't predict what I will wear a lot or only here and there. I think I can, but you never really know.

So let's say it's three years from now and I'm sitting on 2-3 pairs of these. Like it's going to be difficult to recoup at least what I paid for them? I just sold a DS pair of 2011 Concords on StockX last week for $395. 2016 Space Jams are not going for that right now, but they are going for more than retail. So why not? There's no risk on my end. I am lucky to be in a position where the few hundred bucks difference between two pairs and four pairs now isn't having an impact on my life whatsoever. If something changes and it is, I will react accordingly.

In fact, after StockX fees, in the past two weeks I sold 2011 Concords for $395 and the Baron lows for $215. Net to me was $533. So that alone just paid for two pairs of these, as if I traded them straight up LOL

Last edited:
I'm well aware. From time to time I double on stuff, and even trying to cut that out because I have wasted money on six or seven shoes the past two years buying two and not needing to have done that. However, THIS shoe is different for me. And 11s last a long time even keeping them on ice, so I have zero concerns if I don't get to wearing a pair for several years.

And then there's this: Let's say I buy four pairs as planned. Let's say that three years from now, I'm only just barely onto wearing the second pair. Or maybe it's still the first pair if I'm happy with the way they are aging/being used. I really can't predict what I will wear a lot or only here and there. I think I can, but you never really know.

So let's say it's three years from now and I'm sitting on 2-3 pairs of these. Like it's going to be difficult to recoup at least what I paid for them? I just sold a DS pair of 2011 Concords on StockX last week for $395. 2016 Space Jams are not going for that right now, but they are going for more than retail. So why not? There's no risk on my end. I am lucky to be in a position where the few hundred bucks difference between two pairs and four pairs now isn't having an impact on my life whatsoever. If something changes and it is, I will react accordingly.

In fact, after StockX fees, in the past two weeks I sold 2011 Concords for $395 and the Baron lows for $215. Net to me was $533. So that alone just paid for two pairs of these, as if I traded them straight up LOL
Yes they do in fact hold their value. Like someone said on another page "None of this is normal anway". Just try explaining it to a normal person.

Yes they do in fact hold their value. Like someone said on another page "None of this is normal anway". Just try explaining it to a normal person.

I think that was me who said that. Or if it wasn't me, I did say a version of the same thing. I said it's ALL a waste of money, if you want to look at it that way. Then again, so is everything anyone spends money on in life other than food, shelter, education and health. So ... yeah.

I love almost everyone on NT, but it makes me chuckle when people who already spend too much money on dumbass sneakers tell another member of the club that, well now, YOU'VE lost your mind. Not that I haven't ever said that on here as well :lol:

Then again, I have a Porsche sitting in my garage that I've put about 6K miles on in the last three years and just paid $1,800 to insure again for this year, so take my advice at your peril. :smh: at myself LOL

i remember when i unds these to work it was the 2011 pair... i had a pastrami sandwich for lunch and the juice from the sandwich spilled on the mesh smh... i cleaned it off asap but a month later it left a mean brown stain on it... ended up selling it and using my second pair that stayed fresh even after wearing them... sometimes doubling is not needed but for these its a must at least for me

I wonder if Nike is gonna switch up some stuff since all the early reviews on this shoe here been all out and about.

Waking up to shipping confirmation

giphy.gif

Almost missed out on the shock drop, I was thinking it was just more offiicial images being sent out lol. Woke up to shipping, pair should arrive next week on Tuesday. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom