Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I hate any shipping box that has branding...it's saying "Hey! I'm a brand new pair of sneakers, come take me!"

Might as well have the held at a UPS location.

or maybe people should just stop being theives

this. and also people just need to know their environment and be proactive about keeping ya packages safe. sign up for ups mychoice and have em held at an access point near ya house or work. its holiday season time. theives get extra bold/desperate this time of year. swoosh or not, ya joint gnna get stolen if a theif comes around.

So if leaving the plastic out of this release helped them save money, and put effort in the shoes, what’s the excuse for other models that don’t have any plastic?

8s QC and OG remastering has been stellar, 3s, 4s, 6s, 7s, and 13s have been pretty bad

Same exact scenario over here. Supposedly delivered yesterday, still no shoes.

I contacted Nike through their chat platform, and they opened up an investigation. This sucks.

I've had approximately 30 pairs delivered to my house this year, with absolutely no issues. Now Nike decides to ship in boxes with a giant "steal me" Swoosh sign on them. So stupid. :smh:

Yea, I'm going through this now...

Checked my app for delivery updates yesterday afternoon and it said it was out for delivery...

Checked it later around 530PM and it said it was delivered...

Called my parents (where I have packages delivered) and they said nothing got dropped off...

Dropped by around 9PM just to double check... still nothing...

Left and got an notification at 950PM from SNKRS saying that the shoes were delivered 12 HOURS AGO at 950AM...

Got me buggin... I'm hoping it was some system screw up and that they'll be dropped off in a few hours, or I'll have to make some calls smh

This was for Concords and ROTY 1s...

So if leaving the plastic out of this release helped them save money, and put effort in the shoes, what’s the excuse for other models that don’t have any plastic?

8s QC and OG remastering has been stellar, 3s, 4s, 6s, 7s, and 13s have been pretty bad

That’s the thing. This release isn’t significantly better quality than 2016 Space Jams (you could even argue it’s worse since the “45” on the Jams is a high quality stitching) and the Concords’ packaging, although OG, is objectively cheaper. Yet the retail prices are the same for whatever reason.

As for other models, you are absolutely correct that materials, craftsmanship, and overall QC have been all over the place. That, along with over saturation with essentially a new retro release every week or two, have led to people simply not paying retail prices and waiting for disco/outlets on 80-90% of retro releases nowadays.

they didnt save that much, card board is card board and wholesale prices. not that much more paper being used in general

more than likely the savings came as above said, the plastic insert

True on the boxes, but also that plastic piece isn't that expensive. When you're buying 1m+ of things like that, I highly doubt they spend more than like $0.50 per plastic insert. They are mass produced in China.

This is the first package ive had stolen/lost from Nike. Also the first package Nike decided to put outside branding on.

Question: will thse be easy to cop on dec 8 or should i just grab a pair for $260 via local meetup?

This is the first package ive had stolen/lost from Nike. Also the first package Nike decided to put outside branding on.

Question: will thse be easy to cop on dec 8 or should i just grab a pair for $260 via local meetup?

get UPS myChoice/Fedex and always pick up your packages especially this time of the year.

I had a package delivered (although it was throught USPS), and the tracking said it got delivered and LEFT ON MY PORCH on Monday at 9PM.

I was trippin off that, so i was ready to open up a claim with USPS yesterday, and guess what - i get a knock on my door (from the postman) and as soon as i open the door the package was right there on my welcome mat....

Guess they're already backed up delivering packages, but why would they mark it as 'delivered' when it clearly wasn't? do they have a quota they have to meet or something?

Not sure if it's the same for everyone else but for my area FedEx < UPS... you should check with your neighbors to see if FedEx delivered to the wrong house. My shoes were delivered 2 streets over. Neighbor was nice enough to drop it off when they were walking their dog. I know with FedEx, you can change the deliver to a FedEx store for pickup. I hope this FedEx change isn't a set deal. UPS is never an issue except for black Friday when they hire temp to help out.

I had a package delivered (although it was throught USPS), and the tracking said it got delivered and LEFT ON MY PORCH on Monday at 9PM.

I was trippin off that, so i was ready to open up a claim with USPS yesterday, and guess what - i get a knock on my door (from the postman) and as soon as i open the door the package was right there on my welcome mat....

Guess they're already backed up delivering packages, but why would they mark it as 'delivered' when it clearly wasn't? do they have a quota they have to meet or something?

they mark it that way because they dont wanna let everyone see that theyre backed up. its not a good look and doesnt instill confidence in customers. theyd rather give everyone the impression that they can handle the voluime of packages with no issue and that everything is going fine, and just deliver to u the next day.

ive had all the carriers do that to me at some point.

Checked my app for delivery updates yesterday afternoon and it said it was out for delivery...

Called my parents (where I have packages delivered) and they said nothing got dropped off...

Left and got an notification at 950PM from SNKRS saying that the shoes were delivered 12 HOURS AGO at 950AM...

Got me buggin... I'm hoping it was some system screw up and that they'll be dropped off in a few hours, or I'll have to make some calls smh

This happened to me last year w the all red xis. I honestly think the drivers take them. Now i hold all my packages at the ups or fed ex facilities. You should get your refund and a few coupons at least i did

Had this happen to me back in the early 2000's when the low XI in baby blue and red came out. Back then, XI didn't sell out right away. I called Nike and told them the packages never showed up. Nike sent me new pairs. A week later the shoes showed up at the house. No idea where they were sitting for that week. I called Nike and told them they arrived and they told me I could keep the second set or send one of the sets back for a refund. Back then right out of college funds were tight, so I sent the second set back. So I basically got a set of the XI lows for free for being honest.

51054341-79F3-4B35-94A1-E09C1C6AB921.jpeg

Since we’re talking about boxes, dude on my IG said he’s not copping the new the Concords because it’s not the slide out box.

A045D37E-B88D-43B1-9294-F93C28883E82.gif

i liked them both, since when i was into shoes, it was the og boxes, but when i was able to afford to buy my own, it's the pull out boxes, so i wish they had both and we get to choose, but that'd be too much trouble for nike.

My first pair of 11s and grails are the playoff joints. Those didn't come with a fancy box in 2012 so all the boxes after felt like a treat not a must. At least for me anyways.

i liked them both, since when i was into shoes, it was the og boxes, but when i was able to afford to buy my own, it's the pull out boxes, so i wish they had both and we get to choose, but that'd be too much trouble for nike.

And stupid lol

Back
Top Bottom