Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

But we are only talking Concords.

No, my initial post was directed to modern AJ11 releases and the respective pricing vs what we got for it (including packaging).

The retail price point for 2016 Space Jams and 2018 Concords is comparible for this reason.

2011 Concords were significantly cheaper at $175 retail.

Anyone else get this email from Foot Locker?
Screenshot_2018-11-21-12-56-52.png

Nike probably paid 10 cents a box for the slide outs, and maybe 4 cent for the OG style box lmao. Y’all really think paying 219.94 for these instead of 220 makes a dent lmao. “Sneaker heads “ are funny asf.

So the price increase for better packaging is acceptable but a decrease for cheaper packaging is not? Not sure I understand this logic tbh.

I like how you didn’t mention 2016 Space Jams because that release doesn’t fit your narrative.
I like how you don’t realize they spent money again since 2016 changing the shape of the shoe once more to produce a more accurate product smh. But go ahead and be salty over a 10 cent shoebox. If you think they are gonna even cut the price $5 for a change in boxes that probably helped their bottom line 5 cents per pair your dreaming. That’s not how business works.

So if leaving the plastic out of this release helped them save money, and put effort in the shoes, what’s the excuse for other models that don’t have any plastic?

8s QC and OG remastering has been stellar, 3s, 4s, 6s, 7s, and 13s have been pretty bad
Inside, the quality of 8s wasn't good

I like how you don’t realize they spent money again since 2016 changing the shape of the shoe once more to produce a more accurate product smh. But go ahead and be salty over a 10 cent shoebox. If you think they are gonna even cut the price $5 for a change in boxes that probably helped their bottom line 5 cents per pair your dreaming. That’s not how business works.

How much more accurate is the Concords vs the Space Jams? AFAIK, people have said the leather on the upper is actually cheaper quality. Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong point as I clearly said Nike/JB will NEVER cut the price over the box, although we as consumers have reason to be salty about it because we don’t see those cost savings via price reduction. It’s easy for them to implement it on releases like the 2012 Breds or these Concords because the shoes sell themselves, regardless of packaging.

Fam must drink his orange juice out of a measuring cup to make sure he doesn’t drink more than 78 cents worth of juice per serving

u cant be talking all crazy like you know whats up and how much JB actually pays for their packaging, but then say "they probably spent this....they probably spent that...." lol if you say probably, that means u dont know either and your guess is just as good as any1 elses. you could still be wrong.

How much more accurate is the Concords vs the Space Jams? AFAIK, people have said the leather on the upper is actually cheaper quality.
They changed the whole heel area of the shoe, and the cut of the patent towards the toe. While we may think these are small changes the fact is producing these changes no doubt cut into their bottom line. They actually didn’t have to do a thing because fact is most of us would’ve bought the shoe with the same mold as the WL82’s. They are actually showing effort into getting it right for once. As far as the leather on upper, I absolutely haven’t heard that. Did you watch @MJO23DAN video? He definitely said that the leather was nice and soft. I’m confused are you arguing for the sake of arguing?

I never got the big deal about the fancy box. You're wearing the shoes, not the box. If the shoe is good quality and I don't have to go through some silly process just to get a pair it's a win.

As a collector, that box actually served a utilitarian purpose. On a personal level, I thought the design was thoughtful. Regardless of subjective opinion, the materials used were objectively more expensive than the cheaper OG box which only uses cardboard.

Enough of this box talk. The $220 is the price of the SHOE. Box or however it comes in, is an added bonus. They tried to make this shoe as close to the original as possible, down to the box. Some of y’all are talking like you get more out of the box than the one thing inside them we’re all here for. Last time I checked we aren’t out here wearing boxes around.

So the price increase for better packaging is acceptable but a decrease for cheaper packaging is not? Not sure I understand this logic tbh.
Do you actually believe they saved enough money on packaging to justify say a $10 decrease?? How much do you really think they are spending on boxes when they are literally buying 1 million of them. Lol

Do you actually believe they saved enough money on packaging to justify say a $10 decrease?? How much do you really think they are spending on boxes when they are literally buying 1 million of them. Lol

The 72-10 boxes were selling at $30/each on eBay in 2015. I based my estimate on that, obviously Nike has economies of scale here. OG AJ 1s cost them $20/pair to produce (including materials and labor), to this point.

Back
Top Bottom