Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

bred 11s are the shoe i first associated with the "people getting shot for their jordans" phenomena back then

51YFhgPR-3L._SX383_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So many innocent lives was lost over this sneaker, crimes, individuals getting incarcerated. Iono biggest release of 2018. It’s a toss up with me, growing up seeing violence all the time. I might not even cop to be honest.

So many innocent lives was lost over this sneaker, crimes, individuals getting incarcerated. Iono biggest release of 2018. It’s a toss up with me, growing up seeing violence all the time. I might not even cop to be honest.
Lol so this major release is your time to take some odd obtuse social stand? That overall won’t amount to anything?

People got killed or committed crimes for all the Jordan’s, not just the XIs.

You’re going to miss out on a massive release and most likely regret it my dude. People aren’t getting murked for Jordan’s anymore. Not like in the late 80s and 90s at least.

My family moved me from Dallas to Chicago in the summer of ‘95. Dallas didn’t have as many sneaker heads or dudes that wore Jordan’s at that time it seemed in my affluent area (Plano) ... I remember seeing this ad in a magazine and wanting them so bad.

Not just because I loved basketball / Jordan and was from Chicago either but because the shoe looked so distinct and eye catching. Sexy, and loud but in a very classy way.

I had the steel colored 10 (Pip Charity Classic Shoe) that I got the year prior and I got them because they were Jordan’s but I didn’t love the look of the shoe by any means.

But anyway the concords didn’t sell out on initial run out there, don’t know if they did back home here in Chicago. Actually all of them were readily available in full size runs for months up until the next major release. In fact, I distinctly remember walking into a Nike Factory store in Grapevine Mills Outlet just after the Breds released and no joke they had a STACK of them at the very front of the store on display.

1996 and 1997 to me are the most iconic years in basketball shoes, period. So many great releases. As an impressionable 11 and 12 year old ... I didn’t even just get the Jordan’s (at that time weren’t numbered) ... I also loved the Fila Hills, Nike Pennys, Reebok Questions and then being shocked at that first Foamposite.

Well hopefully with the new foot apps and all these new raffle system this release will turn out way differently than before.

I never understood why someone would rob someone's shoes. First it's used, who knows what piss or poop the owner stepped in. What if the shoe doesn't even fit?

Og’s sat
11 retros in 00/01 is when it got crazy and sold out
Og

You could call and order the OG's on eastbay well after they came out.

In our Champs Store, EVERY SINGLE 11 SOLD OUT THE FIRST DAY. EVERY ONE. It may have been different in your area or online, but in store our stock was sold.

Additionally, Nike had issues getting the shoes into stores. I recall we got our pairs late. After the first Concord drop we received a few more pairs in the next shipment.

Last edited:
I really can’t recall 11s ever sitting, except for the low top none patent leather. But I don’t recall OG patent 11s sitting at all. Concords were the first really really hyped Jordan shoe to my memory. Everything before the 11 was an easy cop if you or your parents was okay with spending “all that money”.

OG 11's??? Lol You can't possibly be too young since you said OG's fau2015 fau2015 but maybe it's an area thing. In NYC they did not fly off the shelves. The most popular color was the Black/Reds which sold fast but they didnt fly.

It was 1995/96.. Nothing flew. You want to know why? Because no one collected sneakers like that. Because everyone was practically poor. Because 100 dollar sneakers was insane. It never makes sense when people say "No thats not right, they sold right out immediately; I remember" lmao.

Maybe some how they did.. but I just can't see anything being gone in 1 week or less back then.. in NYC they were gone within a few months.

OG 11's??? Lol You can't possibly be too young since you said OG's fau2015 fau2015 but maybe it's an area thing. In NYC they did not fly off the shelves. The most popular color was the Black/Reds which sold fast but they didnt fly.

It was 1995/96.. Nothing flew. You want to know why? Because no one collected sneakers like that. Because everyone was practically poor. Because 100 dollar sneakers was insane. It never makes sense when people say "No thats not right, they sold right out immediately; I remember" lmao.

Maybe some how they did.. but I just can't see anything being gone in 1 week or less back then.. in NYC they were gone within a few months.
Never said I was a young buck, not completely an old head tho lol. I remember everything from the original 6s forward. Not everyone was poor in the early 90s tho.. the dope game was still very very strong in the Bahamas where I’m from. But bruh 11s sold out in the Miami area, I’m sure not day one but you couldn’t walk in store a month later to purchase, hell most 12s sold out the following year also and I know that for a fact because we had to skip school for 12-14.

I remember I had to cop my navy 12s from jcpenny in a smaller size because no one had my proper size at FTLs n such.. good old days when these kicks were everywhere.

Now I’m wondering how old you actually were in the mid to late 90s.

Technically, you’re wrong. There was way more disposable income in the late 90s then there is right now.

The American economy was doing much better under Bill Clinton during that era than it has been post 911 with garbage presidents like George Bush Junior, and Barack Obama.

And yes while people didn’t collect sneakers, they still wore them. And the price then made much more sense than it does now, when people have even less disposable income. That’s why the best-selling Nike signature shoe is Kyrie because it’s a relatively low cost shoe compared to everything else.

Even with inflation, people are paying more now for retro Jordans, 10 to 20 years after their release, when in reality they have even less quality materials, construction, and cushioning. It’s hilarious. You’re really paying extra for replicas. The technology in them now isn’t even as good as it was in the 1990s when it was new technology. Yet the consumer of Jordan brand has been getting dicked down for years because people are willing to pay regardless.

And now you have two generations following the people who actually watched Jordan who buy his shoes, even though they never even watched him, there is no nostalgic factor, so they’re having to produce more than they did in the 1990s for more consumers ... which even further dilutes the product.

The only Jordan in ‘96 I really remember sitting for awhile was the only one he didn’t wear on court and the was the white IE low.

fau2015 fau2015 Yes drug dealers had money- Everyone isnt a drug dealer though so that doesnt account for a mass population of people causing a sell out. But somehow they sold out in Miami.. fine lol. I did mention that maybe in some areas they apparently sold out even though I dont really beleive that. Also, I didn't mean to make you think that about your age lol I meant that since you said OG, you had to have been around and probably my age or a little older.

W WhiteKyrie I'm 32 and in 95/96 I was about 11. After the sentence about economy, nothing else you wrote really applies lol.. it's mostly opinion. I am very well aware of how the economy was thriving in the 90s. Again, there was not mass amounts of people running to stores to spend their disposable income on shoes lol. Sneakers were becoming pop culture and people bought shoes.. but everything wasn't selling out.

The price point makes sense back then in today's perspective. Maybe you and your family were well off back then but where I lived in NYC in 92-99 100+ pairs of kicks were a huge deal. IDK where you are from or how old you are but in NYC XIs didnt sell out man :lol:

The Jordan XI (especially the Concords) are so coveted that people have blinders and refuse to believe that such an impactful shoe couldve sat.. Sorry to burst your bubble.. they did lol. And the Black and Reds were more of a thing in my neighborhood. I remember because this shoe started my addiction.. before that I was just really enthused.

Now Im wondering how old YOU really were W WhiteKyrie jk :lol:. Im so glad for Foot Apps man.. it's the closest thing you get to walking into a store and copping these without having to kill yourself.

fau2015 fau2015 Yes drug dealers had money- Everyone isnt a drug dealer though so that doesnt account for a mass population of people causing a sell out. But somehow they sold out in Miami.. fine lol. I did mention that maybe in some areas they apparently sold out even though I dont really beleive that. Also, I didn't mean to make you think that about your age lol I meant that since you said OG, you had to have been around and probably my age or a little older.

W WhiteKyrie I'm 32 and in 95/96 I was about 11. After the sentence about economy, nothing else you wrote really applies lol.. it's mostly opinion. I am very well aware of how the economy was thriving in the 90s. Again, there was not mass amounts of people running to stores to spend their disposable income on shoes lol. Sneakers were becoming pop culture and people bought shoes.. but everything wasn't selling out.

The price point makes sense back then in today's perspective. Maybe you and your family were well off back then but where I lived in NYC in 92-99 100+ pairs of kicks were a huge deal. IDK where you are from or how old you are but in NYC XIs didnt sell out man :lol:

The Jordan XI (especially the Concords) are so coveted that people have blinders and refuse to believe that such an impactful shoe couldve sat.. Sorry to burst your bubble.. they did lol. And the Black and Reds were more of a thing in my neighborhood. I remember because this shoe started my addiction.. before that I was just really enthused.

Not in my area. They sold out. Every single one on the first day. I sold them. I know.

Not in my area. They sold out. Every single one on the first day. I sold them. I know.

Incredible.. what area and store? Not trying to discredit or anything.. I'm just really curious and impressed lol. This debate always comes up and there's a few that tell stories about them selling out but there aren't many.

Incredible.. what area and store? Not trying to discredit or anything.. I'm just really curious and impressed lol. This debate always comes up and there's a few that tell stories about them selling out but there aren't many.

A little town in west central Indiana on the border with Illinois. Yeah we got 1-2 of each size back then. We sold them all that morning. People coming in that afternoon looking for them. The following Thursday we got a few more sizes in. Boom those were gone. Same for Bred and Columbia. I believe every store in that mall experienced the same thing too.

Perhaps in the larger market you had more allocation and more stores selling them?

Bruh I didn’t even like the concords initially, now the black and red pair I f’n LOVED. I just can’t remember 11s being easy to cop, it’s like EVERYONE wanted those, from young kids to grown adults. That’s what I remember, EVERYONE LOVED the patent leather.

If they sat then they Sat, I just don’t remember it that way in my area. Yes Jordan’s were expensive but J’s and uptempo airs (Pippens and ALSO the cheaper version of the Pippens) was on everyone’s feet during that initial 11 release.

Back
Top Bottom