Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I'm on that same fence. But I wont miss these for anything. I have the originals and the 2011s, gotta have the high pl version with fresh blue tint.

I’m actually slowing down a ton as well and looking to unload some of what is filling up my closet.
But this shoe, I’ve had a long irritating ride with. My OG pair I bought on release day 95 got their midsole ripped the second time I played in them. Had to return them and never could find another pair in any stores in my area. Missed the 2000, was out of the loop and didn’t realize they dropped. Got the DMP, wish I bought two. And got two of the 2011 pair but we all know they’re not right. So no lie, for the first and only time in my almost 30 years of being a smeakerhead, I’m buying four pairs of these and that’ll be it for me and concords. I’ll be wearing them left and right for a long time after this. Finally.

I’m actually slowing down a ton as well and looking to unload some of what is filling up my closet.
But this shoe, I’ve had a long irritating ride with. My OG pair I bought on release day 95 got their midsole ripped the second time I played in them. Had to return them and never could find another pair in any stores in my area. Missed the 2000, was out of the loop and didn’t realize they dropped. Got the DMP, wish I bought two. And got two of the 2011 pair but we all know they’re not right. So no lie, for the first and only time in my almost 30 years of being a smeakerhead, I’m buying four pairs of these and that’ll be it for me and concords. I’ll be wearing them left and right for a long time after this. Finally.

In 95 can you tell me if it was the same thing than the 2016 space jam to get the shoes?
What does it mean « ripped »?
Did you keep your shoes?
For my part i miss my 2011 concords, i gave my pair to a friend.
For me the 2011 were really beautiful, a celtics players played with them in game 1 this year agaisnt the cavs.

For the space jam i returned my 2016 to nike and it is the second dumbest thing in my life after the concord.

Winlike 82 was a must for me.

In 95 can you tell me if it was the same thing than the 2016 space jam to get the shoes?
What does it mean « ripped »?
Did you keep your shoes?
For my part i miss my 2011 concords, i gave my pair to a friend.
For me the 2011 were really beautiful good, a celtics players played with them in game 1 this year agaisnt the cavs.

For the space jam i returned my 2016 to nike and it is the second dumbest thing in my life after the concord.

Winlike 82 was a must for me.

Nothing about sneakers in 1995 resembles today. I walked into the store on release day at 7 pm and bought a pair. But the concords did dry up from stores in my area in Michigan pretty quick, which I had NEVER seen before that. Until then, you could buy any new Jordan for months after it released. Sometimes even more than a year later.

Ripped means someone stepped on my foot while playing and tore a huge chunk of the foam midsole off the shoe. By the time I returned them, none of my local stores had another pair in my size. I got the also then-new Penny 1s in the white home colorway instead.

How was it possible? The OG foam must be really soft compare to retro.
And do you think if you keep your shoes, it was really impossible to play ball in?

Last edited:
How was it possible? The foam was so good at this point on the OG?
Say what? That foam was and is hardly very robust. I’ve had loads of shoes ruined by playing in them. Heel outsoles ripped off, separated toe boxes, midsoles torn off shoes. Do you actually play basketball?

Regardless, if you think the BS a lot of people talk now about how quality back then was so good is actually true, well, I know firsthand it is not. The actual construction of shoes back then often left a lot to be desired.

And why would I have kept a pair of shoes I had just paid $125 for when they had a big chunk of midsole ripped off of them? Yeah, no.

Last edited:
Nothing about sneakers in 1995 resembles today. I walked into the store on release day at 7 pm and bought a pair. But the concords did dry up from stores in my area in Michigan pretty quick, which I had NEVER seen before that. Until then, you could buy any new Jordan for months after it released. Sometimes even more than a year later.

Ripped means someone stepped on my foot while playing and tore a huge chunk of the foam midsole off the shoe. By the time I returned them, none of my local stores had another pair in my size. I got the also then-new Penny 1s in the white home colorway instead.

I agree. My mom used to take me to the Nike outlet to buy my school shoes. I was able to get OG black/red 6’s, aqua and playoff 8’s at the outlets

Last edited:
Say what? That foam was and is hardly very robust. I’ve had loads of shoes ruined by playing in them. Heel outsoles ripped off, separated toe boxes, midsoles torn off shoes. Do you actually play basketball?

Regardless, if you think the BS a lot of people talk now about how quality back then was so good is actually true, well, I know firsthand it is not. The actual construction of shoes back then often left a lot to be desired.

And why would I have kept a pair of shoes I had just paid $125 for when they had a big chunk of midsole ripped off of them? Yeah, no.
So if the foam was hardly very robust, how was this possible?
Sorry but i’m surprised someone did it just stepping on your shoes, this is the first time i hear that, and i find it hard to imagine. Only if the quality of the foam was really really soft.
If i ask someone to step on my winlike or my 72 win, the midsole are robust and i’m sure no chunk foam could be tored.
And maybe it is a really stupid question but was it so impossible to play ball in? But of course i do understand that you changed for a penny pair and it should be a perfect shoes.

I play basketball. I have a friend who separated toe box of his OG 7 bordeaux but it did in 2010, for my part i have never done it.
I’m the king to break the right zoom bag of my shoes almost if i played casual basketball. That is the reason why i can’t play with some Jordan for example my 13 chicago, its zoom bag are not resistant. Still DS for sure. i have ever played with my 13 bred and i think if i played a lot, i will discover separated toe box or other issue.

Last edited:
So if the foam was hardly very robust, how was this possible?
Sorry but i’m surprised someone did it just stepping on your shoes, this is the first time i hear that, and i find it hard to imagine. Only if the quality of the foam was really really soft.
If i ask someone to step on my winlike or my 72 win, the midsole are robust and i’m sure no chunk foam could be tored.
And maybe it is a really stupid question but was it so impossible to play ball in? But of course i do understand that you changed for a penny pair and it should be a perfect shoes.

I play basketball. I have a friend who separated toe box of his OG 7 bordeaux but it did in 2010, for my part i have never done it.
I’m the king to break the right zoom bag of my shoes almost if i played casual basketball. That is the reason why i can’t play with some Jordan for example my 13 chicago, its zoom bag are not resistant. Still DS for sure. i have ever played with my 13 bred and i think if i played a lot, i will discover separated toe box or other issue.

I don’t know what to tell you, dude. I’ve seen XIs hold up well for ball and I’ve seen pairs in bad shape. You keep asking me how it was possible someone stepping on my shoe messed them up that bad. All I can assure you is that it did happen. This was almost 23 years ago, I don’t have a chemical composition report of the midsole materials to share with you.

Win like ‘82’s watered down this release imo. From a distance they look exactly like concords.

still got 2 pairs of 2011 DS and 1 pair of lows i rock every now and then... but i will still cop 2 pairs of these cuz these are my favorite jays ever

I sold my win like 82’s because I felt like the concords will water them down
That's why I never bought them last year in the first place. Not because of watering down or whatever, but because I just want the damn OG ... which is the concord. Glad I didn't cave and buy a pair of Win Likes. Nothing wrong with that shoe and I wanted them--because they are so close to concords. But once I'm loaded up with actual concords, it's a wrap for me. I rationalize the four (or maybe five) pairs I will buy because money I would have spent on Win Likes, cool gray lows, whatever other recent XI, will go to concords this December. I won't need all those other XIs once I'm stocked with these bad boys. As the Inside the NBA guys say: bang bang.

I must be the odd man out. The Win Like 82's were my first XI's and my favorite. I wasn't a huge fan of the XI growing up. But I used to look at pictures of fakes and wished the blue ones were real.

How was it possible? The OG foam must be really soft compare to retro.
And do you think if you keep your shoes, it was really impossible to play ball in?
The foam on 11s is delicate no matter which year's model youre looking at. It marks up just by looking at it.

And no its very possible to ball in 11s.

That's why I never bought them last year in the first place. Not because of watering down or whatever, but because I just want the damn OG ... which is the concord. Glad I didn't cave and buy a pair of Win Likes. Nothing wrong with that shoe and I wanted them--because they are so close to concords. But once I'm loaded up with actual concords, it's a wrap for me. I rationalize the four (or maybe five) pairs I will buy because money I would have spent on Win Likes, cool gray lows, whatever other recent XI, will go to concords this December. I won't need all those other XIs once I'm stocked with these bad boys. As the Inside the NBA guys say: bang bang.

With exception being the Win Like 96. That one doesn’t look like any previous release and especially not the Concords.

Back
Top Bottom