Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

An OG picture when i was young.
IMG_2726.JPG
Inside my 32 blackcat box.
IMG_2711.JPG

Looks like a concord
IMG_2712.JPG

Last edited:
With exception being the Win Like 96. That one doesn’t look like any previous release and especially not the Concords.

My fault, I was only referencing the Win Like 82s for the purpose of making my point, wasn't even thinking about the Win Like 96s.

Reactions: ARK
Yes i know it is possible but i asked him if it was possible with his ripped shoe.

I don’t really understand why you keep harping on this. Of course I could have, but no way I was going to wear a $125 shoe a whole two times before that happened and just say, oh well, I don't care. I was in college, shoes didn’t grow on trees for me. So I exchanged them for the now apparently sought after white home colorway of the Penny 1. Which funny enough, didn't take long for the outsole in the heel to peel off the max air bag it was glued to. No idea what I exchanged those things for, though.

Sorry i really wanted to understand exactly what happened to your Concords.
For example i understood more easily what happened for your Penny 1. It is easiest to imagine.

Just imagine a scuff on the midsole probably. That material is easily scuffed, it doesnt take much. He said a chunk came off but i doubt that wasnt an exaggeration.

Ok sorry that is finally what he explained to me, so that was clear.
Now i imagine and it should be really shocking. A bit more, the airsole unit could appear.

The only reason I might cop these is because personally there’s nothing on my radar I’m interested in for the the rest of the year. If I chill on pick ups from now until RD I’ll probably cop. They’re an iconic, OG colorway, not a bad pair to add to the collection.

Ok sorry that is finally what he explained to me, so that was clear.
Now i imagine and it should be really shocking. A bit more, the airsole unit could appear.
no no, it usually happens at the front near the toe rubber. Never really that deep. I have an example of what happens with mine after 1 wear to give you an idea of the area and what to expect. It sucks but its not that serious

The only reason I might cop these is because personally there’s nothing on my radar I’m interested in for the the rest of the year. If I chill on pick ups from now until RD I’ll probably cop. They’re an iconic, OG colorway, not a bad pair to add to the collection.
if theres a reverse jumpman, easy pass at this point. Jams are more than adequate for me. Concords are my all time favorite but im getting too old for this **** riggs
hqdefault.jpg

white and black shiny kicks might be too much to pull off while still looking like a reasonable adult.

no no, it usually happens at the front near the toe rubber. Never really that deep. I have an example of what happens with mine after 1 wear to give you an idea of the area and what to expect. It sucks but its not that serious
I just pulled them out of the box to take a pic but now I cant find the scuff, I guess they healed...

Letyoufry Letyoufry Tony is correct. It was on the lateral side of my right shoe, near the front (toe) of the shoe. The force of someone stepping on it at game speed ripped an inch and half of the midsole foam away from the shoe. In other words, it scuffed it and peeled it away from the patent leather. Sorry, I never literally meant that a whole piece of the midsole flew off of the shoe. But the effect was essentially the same once the damage was done. It was never going to "expose the air sole," though. Yes, I could have kept playing in them, but they looked terrible. And seeing how easily that happened, I started wondering what they would look like after another week or two of playing in them. So I got rid of them. That said, I later played in the OG black/red XIs and they held up OK. I still have that pair, in fact.

if theres a reverse jumpman, easy pass at this point. Jams are more than adequate for me. Concords are my all time favorite but im getting too old for this **** riggs
hqdefault.jpg

white and black shiny kicks might be too much to pull off while still looking like a reasonable adult.
I honestly feel that being a reasonable adult is wearing what you want. Sure we all change and our styles mature but there is nothing wrong with anyone wearing some Concord J's

I honestly feel that being a reasonable adult is wearing what you want. Sure we all change and our styles mature but there is nothing wrong with anyone wearing some Concord J's

I don't know if I said it in this thread or a different one, but it's funny to me when it comes to XIs. When I was 19 and the OGs dropped, I bought them but would really only be seen wearing them in the gym. In '95/'96, I felt utterly ridiculous wearing patent leather basketball shoes, especially casually. I remember coming home from buying concords and trying them on with some jeans. I looked in the mirror and was like, no way I can pull this off. I felt even more silly trying to rock the black/reds casually LOL. But now given how sneaker styles have gone since back then, I now feel like XIs are a pretty subdued shoe. Yeah, they have the patent shine to them, but I have no trouble wearing them, and I'm old now. Wore Space Jams all last weekend around LA with some shorts, didn't think twice about it.

I don't know if I said it in this thread or a different one, but it's funny to me when it comes to XIs. When I was 19 and the OGs dropped, I bought them but would really only be seen wearing them in the gym. In '95/'96, I felt utterly ridiculous wearing patent leather basketball shoes, especially casually. I remember coming home from buying concords and trying them on with some jeans. I looked in the mirror and was like, no way I can pull this off. I felt even more silly trying to rock the black/reds casually LOL. But now given how sneaker styles have gone since back then, I now feel like XIs are a pretty subdued shoe. Yeah, they have the patent shine to them, but I have no trouble wearing them, and I'm old now. Wore Space Jams all last weekend around LA with some shorts, didn't think twice about it.
I definitely agree with this. While the xi has always been my favorite, I used to find then a bit gaudy. Nowadays, there are far more gaudy sneakers than the xi. If anything, I think it has aged well and is now a more mature/sophisticated look compared to modern sneakers.

I definitely agree with this. While the xi has always been my favorite, I used to find then a bit gaudy. Nowadays, there are far more gaudy sneakers than the xi. If anything, I think it has aged well and is now a more mature/sophisticated look compared to modern sneakers.

That's what I'm saying. Back when the OGs dropped, I remember wishing that the black patent was actually black nubuck because I felt like I could pull that off no problem if Tinker had designed them that way instead. But now I actually like the patent and think it just gives the shoes some pop, and in a good way. I dunno, maybe at 40 people are looking at me and laughing, but I don't see them doing that. In fact, I had a few people out and about Sunday say "cool shoes dude." One was like a five-year-old kid, too LOL. I thought that was hilarious. If I say so myself, I thought I looked dope, too, what with my Space Jams, Stussy shorts and Cobra Kai t-shirt. ****, I didn't realize until now that I was a walking flashback :rofl:

That's what I'm saying. Back when the OGs dropped, I remember wishing that the black patent was actually black nubuck because I felt like I could pull that off no problem if Tinker had designed them that way instead. But now I actually like the patent and think it just gives the shoes some pop, and in a good way. I dunno, maybe at 40 people are looking at me and laughing, but I don't see them doing that. In fact, I had a few people out and about Sunday say "cool shoes dude." One was like a five-year-old kid, too LOL. I thought that was hilarious. If I say so myself, I thought I looked dope, too, what with my Space Jams, Stussy shorts and Cobra Kai t-shirt. ****, I didn't realize until now that I was a walking flashback :rofl:

Have you seen the series? I've seen the first two episodes for free and they were pretty good. The only thing I dislike is that they made Daniel a little harsh (though I guess he lost his way without Mr. Miyagi's guidance).

Have you seen the series? I've seen the first two episodes for free and they were pretty good. The only thing I dislike is that they made Daniel a little harsh (though I guess he lost his way without Mr. Miyagi's guidance).
Don't want to derail this thread so I'll just leave this one reply to that. Yeah, I watched the entire series (some of it more than once), it's bad ***. But I love Karate Kid because I'm from the generation that saw it in the theater when I was seven. But they did a GREAT job with it. Amazing, even. BTW dude, you can see the entire series for free. When you sign up for youtube red, it's a 30-day free trial. Unless they ended that recently. So just sign up, put in your billing info, watch the whole thing, then cancel. Done and done.

Don't want to derail this thread so I'll just leave this one reply to that. Yeah, I watched the entire series (some of it more than once), it's bad ***. But I love Karate Kid because I'm from the generation that saw it in the theater when I was seven. But they did a GREAT job with it. Amazing, even. BTW dude, you can see the entire series for free. When you sign up for youtube red, it's a 30-day free trial. Unless they ended that recently. So just sign up, put in your billing info, watch the whole thing, then cancel. Done and done.

great tip boss!!!

Back
Top Bottom