Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Has anyones spot ever done something like this for a release:

I show up 30 minutes early for my reserved pair at FTL. There’s already a like 20 plus. They don’t announce anything and then just open up (8 minutes late) and individually check everyone out. When I am about 4 people from the register, someone from the staff goes “ anyone have a reserved pair step over here” and I was checked out in less than 10minutes after that. Come to find out they were selling “ FCFS” pairs and then giving our tickets for any additional pairs that went unclaimed after 3pm while also checking our reserved pairs.

1st question was why were people with reserved pairs not checked out first?

2nd question why would any pairs hve gone to a FCFS scenario ?

No answers were given. I tried to swap out my box because it was beat up but the staff wasn’t having it after me asking questions about their ****y handling of the release.

Anyways, my one pair came out great and no complaints. You guys grabbing multiples are crazy but respect either way.My pair from 01 is still holding up nicely so I’m prolly set on Cords for at least another decade plus
Yep, my spot did something similar. Did FCFS from 9 to 10, then did the reserve line at 10. The last time I did a reserve was the Space Jam release. I was able to grab my reserved pair and an extra of the same size. Couldn't do that this time.

isnt that black plastic more durable than the regular paper? i dont see these ripping on me if i put the shoes back in too roughly, which happens often with the paper

if god forbid the bottom of youre shoebox gets wet or something. i would assume the black plastic would protect your kicks way better than the paper. that liquid/moisture gonna seep right thru that paper and touch ya kicks.
I don’t doubt anything you just said but my reference is to both the lack of this plastic paper and the appearance of cheapness that it gives off. Just my two cents

Sorry if this has been discussed, but WTF is up with black plastic paper in the box ?
Upset-Michael-Jordan-Laughs-to-Himself.gif

Oh man! I freakin’ scored big time!! My SNKRS pair came in and JB blessed me with a game worn pair straight off of MJ’s feet! They came with authentic toe box creases and scratched patent leather. Thank you Nike!

Mine came the same way today. I feel like Ace Ventura was my ups delivery man playing soccer with the box down the hallway. I’ve never had a box more destroyed than that from Nike before. And the dirt on the soles lol. Someone at Nike must have worn them for a shift to break them in for me.

seems like quite a few pairs have a lower patent leather cut on the left shoe than on the right. a lot look great though :pimp:

getting 2 pairs in tomorrow..hope they look good!

I wear a 9.5, when I picked up my pair from Champs last saturday i notice my patient leather cut on the left side was shorter. Kinda sucks luckily a second pair is coming this week from SNKRS.

It does seems like Full sizes have a bigger patient cut than .5 sizes. IDK just my opinion from what I've seen.

Wow, I couldn’t disagree more. The playoff 11 is easily every bit as iconic as the concords or jams. Black-red colorways in Jordans are usually the best, and I’d say the 11 is no exception. This was the first Jordan to actually sell out and the color blocking was absolute perfection. GOAT sneaker imo, though Concords are probably a close second.
they only sold out because of the concords

Love the idea of the OG box. Unfortunately, this release just happened to come with perhaps the worst Nike box ever, lol...

I wear a 9.5, when I picked up my pair from Champs last saturday i notice my patient leather cut on the left side was shorter. Kinda sucks luckily a second pair is coming this week from SNKRS.

It does seems like Full sizes have a bigger patient cut than .5 sizes. IDK just my opinion from what I've seen.
its a toss up on every size. I got 1 low and 1 high in the same box

Patient cut that funny

I didn’t trip about the black plastic. I picked some aj5 p51 camos last year and they had the black plastic as well. So I assumed it just varies with the shoe. As for the OG box, I’ve never owned a pair of Concords and assumed I’d get the same box the UNC pair came in since that was my first pair of 11s, ever. I like it and dislike it at the same time. Dope box, pain to get in and out. But, if this is how they came originally, I like it. If it’s an OG colorway, than it should come in the OG box.

Back
Top Bottom