Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

No. I didn’t have a problem with folks complaining about the overall height of the shoe. That’s always been a valid complaint, so I don’t know where you’re getting that from. My gripe was with folks complaining about the high PL cut which JB finally after all these YEARS of complaints and bad retros with trash low pl height, finally got right IMO. My thing was; yes be mad at the overall height of the shoe but how could you be mad at the high PL cut itself? It’s the height of the shoe we need them to change now. And so far it looks like they did. Now they could potentially be 100% right instead of 98% right. Get it?
Lol gotcha. Back to the shoes.

Last edited:
Decided to pull the OGs out and a few observations is the uppers are highier on the OG version and the patent leather cut is definitely highier on the cap n gowns. To make the XI perfect = lower pl cut(not ‘16)and highier upper.(not to the moon)

But one thing that would fix all this pl cut/uppers talk is how the pl is cut.

The OG pl cut is more extreme then the ‘18 version. A more dramatic pl cut on the newer XI would account for the appearance of the upper looking shorter.

Like if it dipped a little more toward the heel and dipped a little more towards pinky area it would give the appearance of a highier upper.

eh. its not that far off, I wouldnt push my luck with the people at Jordan.

Some PL cuts on the new releases are a little high, some are cut slightly lower. I agree that they need to take it down a couple mils at the back and the toe. But Im also thinking they mightve adjusted it to prevent excess wrinkles in the old problem areas.

I need to cop me a pair again. It’s been 18 years since I had 10 pairs of the concords. I haven’t posted on here for a long time.

So now there are rumblings of PL being too high now? :lol:. There is really no pleasing the community here. Very rarely is there satisfaction with how something comes out. It's to the point where I'm starting to understand the idgaf attitude of JB. I know they don't take direct cues from this niche community, but I know they watch. If you like them, just take your shoes and be happy lol.

So now there are rumblings of PL being too high now? :lol:. There is really no pleasing the community here. Very rarely is there satisfaction with how something comes out. It's to the point where I'm starting to understand the idgaf attitude of JB. I know they don't take direct cues from this niche community, but I know they watch. If you like them, just take your shoes and be happy lol.
Even wit the Jams we noticed it was

Can we please not ruin this retro with the 45. Everything is shaping up perfectly, why would they troll so hard with such a little detail that means everything.

That's what I'm saying. I noticed the complaints back then when reading that thread. It went from trashing 09 SJ, to praising 16 SJ to grumbling about 16 SJ, and some comments here and there about 16 SJ not being up to par. Straight ridiculousness.

It's almost like this internet forum full of strangers isn't a monolith.

C'mon man :lol:

I am fully the first two on your post and I'm still the second but there's never been some universal praise of the recent mold change.

Gentry’s influence won’t be seen until 2019 according to pinoe77/DjFolk. Gentry never would have given us the OG height or 45. He’s the one who made all the changes to the 11 in the first place.

Was gonna cop this:
Screenshot_20180611-134443.jpg

And one of these:
Screenshot_20180611-134519.jpg
Screenshot_20180611-134456.jpg

Screenshot_20180611-134536.jpg

Screenshot_20180611-134405.jpg

But know I'm thinking this for the concords:
Screenshot_20180611-134341.jpg
Screenshot_20180611-134200.jpg

Not a big jersey guy but would do it for an MJ jersey. I almost skeeted myself when I saw the #12 jersey that's a must have for me i may never wear it but i need that in my life.

Was gonna cop this:
Screenshot_20180611-134443.jpg

And one of these:
Screenshot_20180611-134519.jpg
Screenshot_20180611-134456.jpg

Screenshot_20180611-134536.jpg

Screenshot_20180611-134405.jpg

But know I'm thinking this for the concords:
Screenshot_20180611-134341.jpg
Screenshot_20180611-134200.jpg

Not a big jersey guy but would do it for an MJ jersey. I almost skeeted myself when I saw the #12 jersey that's a must have for me i may never wear it but i need that in my life.

I cry myself to sleep at night knowing that I can never afford these (maybe one day).

I cry myself to sleep at night knowing that I can never afford these (maybe one day).

I know it hurts my bank account even thinking about it. I do have a $50.00 GC at lids and $20.00 reward points burning a hole in my pocket. But they only have the red #45 at lifs. I'd rather the white with the concords...but beggars cant be choosers. So I could grab the red #45 for around $230.00 plus tax. Which hurts my pocket, but not really as bad as it could. The #12 will be had, even if it I have to pay retail. Hopefully Nike/JB/Mitchell & Ness puts out more swingman Jordan jerseys, my bank account would like me a little better than it does right now.

I know it hurts my bank account even thinking about it. I do have a $50.00 GC at lids and $20.00 reward points burning a hole in my pocket. But they only have the red #45 at lifs. I'd rather the white with the concords...but beggars cant be choosers. So I could grab the red #45 for around $230.00 plus tax. Which hurts my pocket, but not really as bad as it could. The #12 will be had, even if it I have to pay retail. Hopefully Nike/JB/Mitchell & Ness puts out more swingman Jordan jerseys, my bank account would like me a little better than it does right now.

True, the ones that Nike release about a week ago is just a current NBA jersey with Jordan's number on it.

True, the ones that Nike release about a week ago is just a current NBA jersey with Jordan's number on it.

I'll be willing to bet we see a #45 for space jam release maybe even a #12 to coincide with concords and Orlando 10s?.? I know they'd sell alot regardless of backstories.

Back
Top Bottom