Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Can anyone confirm that they had a size 9 in concords for the drop? I was logged in my account that had already purchased it so I had to log into my wife's one to purchase another. Was driving at the time and was fumbling around with the log in. By the time I got in, I only saw a 9.5, but I ended up scoring that at least.

Trying to replace my size 9 that got stolen when my house got broken into. Hoping that someone in my local fb group has a heart and won't mind trading sizes.

Can anyone confirm that they had a size 9 in concords for the drop? I was logged in my account that had already purchased it so I had to log into my wife's one to purchase another. Was driving at the time and was fumbling around with the log in. By the time I got in, I only saw a 9.5, but I ended up scoring that at least.

Trying to replace my size 9 that got stolen when my house got broken into. Hoping that someone in my local fb group has a heart and won't mind trading sizes.

They had sizes 8 and up, I tried getting a size 8 twice but it wouldn't go through so I said f it!
Tried again 5 min later but they only had 9 and up.

I got a 9 on release day hoping to trade it for an 8 but I know it ain't gonna happen.

It's crazy how my brain is trained to buy hundreds of dollars in Jordans at the blink of an eye. The perception of limited supply and past regret has complete control on me. Genius marketing.
Its kind of the market, not marketing. If you buy these OG jordans from his playing days youre guaranteed some kind of return on it. Its basically free money.

Technically they required zero marketing today. The demand far outweighs supply

Not a lot of things to buy out there that do this. Add in the aspect that sneakers are a consumable commodity that people use and wear out. The supply is constantly dwindling as people wear what was originally produced.

It's crazy how my brain is trained to buy hundreds of dollars in Jordans at the blink of an eye. The perception of limited supply and past regret has complete control on me. Genius marketing.
Same here, I was about to cop the Infrared 6s and I had to stop myself from spending another $200 on Jordan’s. I already had spent $200 on the 4s shock drop and a couple of days before that $160 on the crimson 1s and $170 on the Susan air maxes. Best believe inside of me I’m kicking myself for not copping the 6s lol

1st it said there was a problem with my payment. then sold out. theres no problem with my cc at all. why did I get this message?

Same here, I was about to cop the Infrared 6s and I had to stop myself from spending another $200 on Jordan’s. I already had spent $200 on the 4s shock drop and a couple of days before that $160 on the crimson 1s and $170 on the Susan air maxes. Best believe inside of me I’m kicking myself for not copping the 6s lol
Yeah. For me, it's not so much being conditioned to do it (well it is in a certain regard), it's that there are certain shoes that I have long ago committed to in my mind that when they drop, I will have them. Somehow, the past few years, Nike and Jordan have managed to drop a LOT of those shoes I waited years for with no hope right on top of one another, leading to stupid outlays of money on my part.
Concords, however ... I am conditioned on. I had to literally have a talk with myself in my office as I had these up on my phone and my finger about to push the buy button. Even though I have four pairs already. Last week I bought the IVs from the shock drop, plus three pairs of the navy snake 11 lows. Then I see the white/black/red Uptempo 95s are coming out this week or next, which are on that list of shoes I am committed to buying on sight. Plus I might still grab a second pair of the IVs. Yet there I was having to fight an almost uncontrollable urge to buy a fifth pair of these, just because they are Concords and sitting there in front of me for MSRP. I was relieved when they sold out so quick. If they were still sitting there, I'd probably have rationalized it by now and pulled the trigger.

Yeah. For me, it's not so much being conditioned to do it (well it is in a certain regard), it's that there are certain shoes that I have long ago committed to in my mind that when they drop, I will have them. Somehow, the past few years, Nike and Jordan have managed to drop a LOT of those shoes I waited years for with no hope right on top of one another, leading to stupid outlays of money on my part.
Concords, however ... I am conditioned on. I had to literally have a talk with myself in my office as I had these up on my phone and my finger about to push the buy button. Even though I have four pairs already. Last week I bought the IVs from the shock drop, plus three pairs of the navy snake 11 lows. Then I see the white/black/red Uptempo 95s are coming out this week or next, which are on that list of shoes I am committed to buying on sight. Plus I might still grab a second pair of the IVs. Yet there I was having to fight an almost uncontrollable urge to buy a fifth pair of these, just because they are Concords and sitting there in front of me for MSRP. I was relieved when they sold out so quick. If they were still sitting there, I'd probably have rationalized it by now and pulled the trigger.
just do it

LOL at least you had the sense to talk yourself out of it! My mind is trained to buy and think about it later, but, then again, I don't have 4 pairs of them.

I have the same commitment to some OG colorways especially since they brought back the Nike Air. There are some shoes that are never a question whether I should cop or not. I work in marketing. So, when I see my own behavior like this, I think about what it took in a marketing sense to get us all in this mode. I think about what other things I act like a kid in a candy store for and there really aren't many things I can think of that would make me react like this. It's so weird and funny. I think it's a combination of a perception of scarcity and also a product pricing that isn't really going to break anyone's bank.

Hold up, my fault. Yeah, I guess you could pull the switcheroo. Only thing that would be smart would be to wait three weeks to send back the first pair. You said you've been wearing them for four months. How much? What condition are they in? You don't want to send them back immediately once you get the new pair, claiming you put all that wear on them in a day LOL. At least, that's what I would do just to be safe.
Condition-wise I’m not worried. I mostly wore them to work on days when I knew I would be sitting at the desk all day.

I was just wondering if Nike cared enough to check any kind of item number, or date on returned shoes.

What the point in trying to return a pair of shoes that were creased when you know damn well that they are more creased now after wearing them for months... just to get a new pair to put on and... crease?

If you got the notification there was plenty of time to purchase. Of course, SNKRS didn't notify; it was J23...WTF is with that.....
Seriously one of the best apps I've bought in a long, long time. I've hit on 2 restocks solely because of that app. Copped my BC 3's on one of them.

What the point in trying to return a pair of shoes that were creased when you know damn well that they are more creased now after wearing them for months... just to get a new pair to put on and... crease?

Burgers are meant to be eaten, but if I buy a new burger, I prefer to be the first to take a bite of it.

Cars always get bumped in the parking lot, but if I buy a new car, I prefer it to not to come with dings in the door panels.

There’s no point, just personal preference.

Yeah I can understand that, but what you're doing is like getting a burger with a bite in it... eating 3/4s of it, then trying to return the bite you have left for a whole new burger. It's sketchy.

Yeah I can understand that, but what you're doing is like getting a burger with a bite in it... eating 3/4s of it, then trying to return the bite you have left for a whole new burger. It's sketchy.
I thought it was more like going to the McDowell’s drive-thru and ordering a Big Mick burger. You get home, open the package, and find that someone had taken a bite out of your burger.

You call up McDowell’s to complain and Louie Anderson answers the phone, talking bout they all sold out of Big Micks. You know damn well they have thousands of those burgers.

Akeem might be OK taking an L like that, but you know Semmi would definitely get his whole burger by any means necessary.

I believe, as a paying customer, that the onus of providing an acceptable product is on the shoulders of Nike. It shouldn’t be my responsibility to quality check every item ordered from Nike.

And if defective product does slip through their factory and into my hands, it shouldn’t be my responsibility to baby that product so that it can be returned to them in an acceptable form.

If they serve me crap, I’m going to beat the hell out of that crap until they make it right and give me what I paid for.

Back
Top Bottom