Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

8179E537-24FC-4506-AB5D-B88FFE81CE15.jpeg

3 pairs for me.

Somewhere in the U.S. rainking rainking has four pairs.
What? How the hell did I get brought into this? :lol:
8179E537-24FC-4506-AB5D-B88FFE81CE15.jpeg

3 pairs for me.
I love a LOT of shoes. I shouldn't admit this, but sometimes I like to just take them out and stare at them. I'm into design and cool forms and shapes, and there are many models over the years that compel me to do this.
That said ... I don't think there has ever been a sneaker that looks as good as a fresh pair of Concords straight out of the box. They're **** ing mezmerizing LOL. Unlaced ups their game even more. There's something legitimately relaxing to me about how they look. As stupid as I thought that Fresh Prince laceless V release was, if Nike could somehow make a laceless Concord that stayed on my feet while looking like it was not only laceless but also loose and wide around the tongue like a regular unlaced pair looks, I'd be completely on board.

Last edited:
I doubled up on concords as well and saw a dude at the mall bummed out with his kid waiting in line for an unclaimed pair. Asked the man his size when he said 12 I just felt like it was meant to be. I remember being that kid sitting there waiting only to be mad at the end of the day. I’m not saying I’m rich but I’ve done ok with what I have and felt like his dad could use a breather. It’s rough out there sometimes...

I read multiple times the 2000 version was a good rehash but ironically I wasn't into Concord XI that time. I actually became interested in them like 2001 I believe. I had the 1996 black/red XI because I preferred those over Concord XI, and still do. Yes I got the 2019 black/red XI too.

Too bad you followed suit with the 2011 version. The sights of people camping out for them already deterred me from getting them along with the piss poor quality on them. They always looked like bootleg swap meet shoes to me. I'll forever be happy I waited to get the 2018 rehash.

I believe the history of Concord XI releases were fall '95, 2000, 2011, and 2018. Am I right? Please notify me if I missed any years in between.

You can maybe add the 2006 DMP XI's but idk

sometimes I like to just take them out and stare at them. I'm into design and cool forms and shapes, and there are many models over the years that compel me to do this.
I get this completely. I love art. I love designs that are radical and sometimes uncomfortable. When you think about the period of time like the Cord was in, its appreciated for its against the grain design. It was not accepted initially but, widely loved eventually. That to me is great art. Funny how **** like that works.

It was on this day the Concord XIs retroed for the first time. I have the OGs but never had the 2000. Anyone still have there’s? Was there a difference?
2000s were garbage, literally turned me off the Concords until the 2018s with just how bad they yellowed and felt hopeless to do anything about it. Have said it before and will say it again...
Concord Jams, Concords, Breds are the best retro trio to date.

2000s were garbage, literally turned me off the Concords until the 2018s with just how bad they yellowed and felt hopeless to do anything about it. Have said it before and will say it again...
Concord Jams, Concords, Breds are the best retro trio to date.
The only thing the 2000 has over the 2018 is the pl thickness close to a 95 pair. I cannot think of anything else.

The only thing the 2000 has over the 2018 is the pl thickness close to a 95 pair. I cannot think of anything else.
I would agree, even with that however i prefer the latest renditions. They seem to not crease as much and are alot more flexible than i remember.
*sigh* if only i could go back to the kid me and tell him to not give away the OG Breds. Would have been nice to have where it all started for me.

i actually like the comfort of the older xi circa 2000-01... i sold my 2000 concords it was the shoe that started my shoe collection really but i did keep my breds and still wear them sometimes... the padding around the ankle was top notch and was just more comfortable and less bulky then the 2019.... still love the 2019 pair though...

Man. If I saw concords back in 2000, i definitely would have copped. Unfortunately, my local fl, cs, fa never had any (or at least tp my knowledge).

I started high school in 99-00. I was selling newspapers and catching chickens at a chicken farm. Even though I smelt like chicken **** at the end of the day. Dat money done let me cop almost all AJ XIV cw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom