Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Fan of all outside of the Gammas, which I go back and forth with.

Too many pictures of yellowing Columbia's have me worried to get another pair again.

Since everybody is waxing nostalgic in this thread, I will take the time to tell my little tale of being young & dumb back in November of '95.

I was in 6th grade at the time and was already a "sneakerhead" (to my mother's dismay) and of course, had my eyes on the new Jordan's anytime they released. My group of friends all loved Jordan's so at least three or four of my friends had planned to get the shoes as well. My mother takes me, along with my little brother up to Sports Authority to buy them, and while I'm there I decide in the interest of being "different" that I wasn't going to get the XI's as I had originally planned, I wanted to get something else.

I decided on the OG Penny 1's, Orlando colorway.

A few days later I began to greatly regret my decision when I seen my friends rockin' the XI's at school, so I went with my mom back up to Sports Authority to see if I could get my size, but they were sold out (duh). Couldn't find them anywhere, it's to this day, the greatest sneaker related mistake I've ever made. I wound up owning the first retro and the, '11, so that helps, however I never owned a pair of OG 'cords and it's all because I wanted to be different from my friends.

WHAT!!! As someone who was around when the OG's were out, the bred 11's absolutely flew off the shelves, you could not find them anywhere! Those breds were the first riot shoe over 20 years ago!!......without the riot lol
og's did not fly off shelves
the retro did

og's did not fly off shelves
the retro did

disagee, I dont know where you are from but When the OG Blk/Red 11s released they sold out immediately around my mall and every other mall within 50 miles from me. My mother was the queen of sneaker releases back in the day but that was the only Jordans that I can remember not having a pair of when I was younger.

I remember hearing stories a while ago that original XI’s sat. Crazy to hear contradicting stories now - OG XI’s sitting was agreed on from what I remember.

Since everybody is waxing nostalgic in this thread, I will take the time to tell my little tale of being young & dumb back in November of '95.

I was in 6th grade at the time and was already a "sneakerhead" (to my mother's dismay) and of course, had my eyes on the new Jordan's anytime they released. My group of friends all loved Jordan's so at least three or four of my friends had planned to get the shoes as well. My mother takes me, along with my little brother up to Sports Authority to buy them, and while I'm there I decide in the interest of being "different" that I wasn't going to get the XI's as I had originally planned, I wanted to get something else.

A few days later I began to greatly regret my decision when I seen my friends rockin' the XI's at school, so I went with my mom back up to Sports Authority to see if I could get my size, but they were sold out (duh). Couldn't find them anywhere, it's to this day, the greatest sneaker related mistake I've ever made. I wound up owning the first retro and the, '11, so that helps, however I never owned a pair of OG 'cords and it's all because I wanted to be different from my friends.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be different man! Haha and those penny 1s are fire to me, but unfortunately I’ve still never owned that colorway.

I remember hearing stories a while ago that original XI’s sat. Crazy to hear contradicting stories now - OG XI’s sitting was agreed on from what I remember.

The only XI that sat around me were the columbias. they were still sitting in footlocker and finish line on the clearance racks when the OG 13s dropped.

WHAT!!! As someone who was around when the OG's were out, the bred 11's absolutely flew off the shelves, you could not find them anywhere! Those breds were the first riot shoe over 20 years ago!!......without the riot lol
bred 11s are the shoe i first associated with the "people getting shot for their jordans" phenomena back then

At that time it was either those Pennys or the 11s. You went with hype instead of tried and true. An easy mistake for a 6th grader.

Nike accidently let me find out that I could wear the ***t out of my shoes for a few months then if I mailed them back to Nike I magically would recieve the upcoming big release. Huge for a kid in Jr high. I got columbias and penny 2s and bred 12s this way.

I got the Air Flight 1s going into freshman year. Cut the back tab off just like MJ did in the playoff series against the Magic. The next best thing to me at the time. I wanted them cause MJ wore em, not caring they were a penny shoe.

disagee, I dont know where you are from but When the OG Blk/Red 11s released they sold out immediately around my mall and every other mall within 50 miles from me. My mother was the queen of sneaker releases back in the day but that was the only Jordans that I can remember not having a pair of when I was younger.
Stay in the bay
11’s were not flying off shells back then man

Was a week late to the release date for the OG Breds. As a 13 year old, they were sold out everywhere in my size.

Back
Top Bottom